Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Chips in Kilkenny

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Callanutd

Larkin’s, Kilkenny
    Uncle Sams are pretty bad. Nice Pizza, Kebab and Burger but their chips are poor.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭PennyWise11

The Blue Door, in John Street :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭mathepac

Roma Cafe, John St, Kilkenny
    Where is the worst chips ????
    If you want a "worst chips" thread I suggest you start your own - to avoid confusion.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

Threadhead wrote: »
    Larkins is easily the worst chipper I've been to in Kilkenny. Bags of mushy pulp for chips and miserable service.

The quality is inconsistent but the service is consistently woeful - I agree.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Silverscott

StoneyKabish, Kilkenny
    mathepac wrote: »
    If you want a "worst chips" thread I suggest you start your own - to avoid confusion.

Ah no sure this thread is on chips and the best one's we got them, curious to see what people thought were bad chippers. No point in two threads on chips.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,414 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Sky King wrote: »
    The quality is inconsistent but the service is consistently woeful - I agree.

Not been in Larkins in years. Never strook me as the most hygienic set-up, old and shabby premises with cooked food piled up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭catbear

Joe's, Irishtown, Kilkenny
    The worst chipper wouldn't last very long when there's plenty of competition. Not a fan of McDonalds/Supermacs type micro chips, just taste more of powder than potato.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭IanLAD

Munch Box!!!! without a doubt

• Registered Users Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Benny Cake

SuperMac’s, High St, Kilkenny
    catbear wrote: »
    The worst chipper wouldn't last very long when there's plenty of competition. Not a fan of McDonalds/Supermacs type micro chips, just taste more of powder than potato.

Theres a fairly sh*te chipper beside Mcguinness pub opposite Nolan park. Didn't think it was possible to make a bollix of chips & a batter sausage but fair play to them, they managed it....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭mathepac

Roma Cafe, John St, Kilkenny
    Poll added. Guess who I voted for?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭enniscorthy

Threadhead wrote: »
    Larkins is easily the worst chipper I've been to in Kilkenny. Bags of mushy pulp for chips and miserable service.

DREADFUL

Benny Cake wrote: »
    Theres a fairly sh*te chipper beside Mcguinness pub opposite Nolan park. Didn't think it was possible to make a bollix of chips & a batter sausage but fair play to them, they managed it....
    Their nearest competition would be John street or Newpark so I reckon they they'll survive on drunk punters alone!

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Damer

Larkin’s, Kilkenny
    Munch box in comer
    Yuck just yuck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 elleA

McDonald’s, Kilkenny
    It's gotta be The Blue Door for me. Although going by the poll, I might try Mario's again when I'm in KK.

elleA wrote: »
    It's gotta be The Blue Door for me. Although going by the poll, I might try Mario's again when I'm in KK.
    Very suspect massive upswing in votes for Mario's, they were on the same as Rocco's the last time I looked at the poll a week ago!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,877 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Mario’s, Kilkenny
    Very suspect massive upswing in votes for Mario's, they were on the same as Rocco's the last time I looked at the poll a week ago!

I was hanging around with a couple of people from Kilkenny living in Dublin last night and none of us were exactly sure where Mario's is. Is that the one up by the Eurospar, owned by Andy Comerford?

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Paigne

I was hanging around with a couple of people from Kilkenny living in Dublin last night and none of us were exactly sure where Mario's is. Is that the one up by the Eurospar, owned by Andy Comerford?

No it's in Loughboy, when you drive in the entrance for Lidl take the immediate left

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

No that place is a ****hole. Mario's is beside Lidl on the Waterford Road. I wouldn't be too worried about the up swing in the survey, sometimes they are right...

No that's Cesar's. Mario's is beside Lidl in Loughboy. (Edit - Odyssey get there before me).

The service in Mario's take away is super fast as well - they are really on the ball.

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Threadhead

Mario’s, Kilkenny
    I didn't vote for Mario's in the poll but I just wanted to say that it's brilliant all round. Definitely deserves its votes and I doubt there's anything dodgy about it being in the lead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Callanutd

Larkin’s, Kilkenny

Could be a sneaky ploy by Mario's to win this highly prestigious vote........ or it could be that they just have good food and just as importantly for me good service and polite staff.

Callanutd wrote: »
    polite staff.

There is a foreign guy in there and he needs some kind of award for constantly being in a ridiculously good mood and always chatting up the customers. He must love his job. Or maybe he is just on drugs.

Nice guy though. Fair play to him.

'Howsa going man grand not a bother'!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭Dan Chipowski

I don't really understand the voting for Marios, I used to think they were nice (and posted on a previous thread here about it, if memory serves) but lately they're never hot enough and bland and tasteless.

Rocco's chips are consistently nice but as stated earlier the portions are horrible and the staff leave a lot to be desired. Larkins are hit and miss, same with the staff, there's one miserable little sort behind the counter in there who'd put anyone off going back.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭kikel

Rocco’s, Walkin St, Kilkenny
    New chipper\indian to open soon on Friary street where Cullitons use to be.

Please god hope it's good.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Benny Cake

SuperMac’s, High St, Kilkenny
    No that place is a ****hole. Mario's is beside Lidl on the Waterford Road. I wouldn't be too worried about the up swing in the survey, sometimes they are right...

Bit harsh. I've always found the grub in caesers to be top notch...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭hi5

Mario’s, Kilkenny
    What about the guy with the little cubicle on the Parade, was he not the same guy that had the van there before they did it up?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Benny Cake wrote: »
    Bit harsh. I've always found the grub in caesers to be top notch...

:eek:..:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Wimbago

Larkin’s, Kilkenny
    hi5 wrote: »
    What about the guy with the little cubicle on the Parade, was he not the same guy that had the van there before they did it up?

Not a bad call even though another who is hit and miss. Burgers are savage though.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Reggie noble

I love the chips in Caesars but il never go again , tonight was the 3rd time in past few months I've been given the wrong order . They either leave stuff out of ur order or give u stuff u didn't ask for instead of what u wanted . Are The staff that re***ded that they can't get one order of a quater pounder n chips right . Then u ring them to complain n they don't give a s**t , Very annoying !

• Advertisement
Advertisement