Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can I cancel my Vodafone contract

Options
  • 27-12-2013 2:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭

My question: I am tied into a contract until Aug 2014
    How long do I have to be without a service when the contract is void? My Story
    We had Lightening in our area on the 18-Dec.
    Landline/Broadband knocked out.
    I didn't log a call because all of my neighbours affected as well.
    My neighbours had their Landlines/Broadband restored the following day, they are all Eircom customers.
    Logged a call online and with their helpdesk.
    It’s a waste of time logging a call online.
    Got a text messages on 22 and 25 to say their engineers are working on the problem.
    I hate it when I am lied to.
    Thanks for any advise.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

koura wrote: »
    My neighbours had their Landlines/Broadband restored the following day, they are all Eircom customers.
    Got a text messages on 22 and 25 to say their engineers are working on the problem.
    Thanks for any advise.

How did Voda lie to you? You know of course, the 25th & 26 Dec were Bank Holidays, therefore nobody will be working?

And you also know there are serious adverse weather conditions right now, which will slow up any work further? If you had a lightening strike, then possibly cab/pole work to restore the lines needs to be done. Not by Voda, but by Eircom who own the lines.

Frankly, I don't see an issue. I hope you get it sorted soon, but you need to have a little patience. Thank God the BB is all that went down. I hope you haven't been flooded and that you still have power. Unlike some very unlucky people over the border...

• Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭Agent_99

Thanks for any advise.

Could be your router is fried, happened twice with me for voda routers and lightening strikes, try unplugging the router and just plugging a land-line in to see if the phone works. if it is the router you will have to replace it yourself, vodafone are not responsible.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭koura

Its a problem when you miss appointment because your phone line is down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

True, but there have been exceptional outages to power and phones for the past week. Luckily you only lost telecoms. I have to hand it to the energy and phone boys for keeping so much going through this very rough weather.
    Your not bothering to report it at the start won't have helped but look, worse things happen in life.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭lau1247

How long do I have to be without a service when the contract is void?

I agree with the others that due to the circumstances from the weather conditions, it is not entirely within vodafone's control, however if you are stone set to try and get it cancelled, i'd suggest you look at your contract's terms and conditions

West Dublin, ☀️ 7.83kWp ⚡5.66 kWp South West, ⚡2.18 kWp North East

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

I don't buy that. Do you have a mobile? Why didn't you give that number as an alternative contact?

Advertisement