Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox one brick

Options
  • 27-12-2013 3:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 45

So turned on xbox one for first time, installed system update ok & then fired up COD Ghosts. Update required which failed. Tried to install skype, you tube etc and display shows queued then the install fails. Been onto support with no joy, waiting on a call back as problem is escalated. Anyone else have same problem?
    Expecting them to say it has to be returned :mad: Typical Microsoft sh*te

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

So turned on xbox one for first time, installed system update ok & then fired up COD Ghosts. Update required which failed. Tried to install skype, you tube etc and display shows queued then the install fails. Been onto support with no joy, waiting on a call back as problem is escalated. Anyone else have same problem?
    You got the first console update running so that's good. Now every game or app update fails. Have you tried completely powering off the console. Hold the power button(logo on console) down for 7 seconds for full power off and then turn it back on.

How's your Internet connection? Are you wired directly into the router? Try reboot the router also.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Jimmy Conway

Yep its strange that the initial update ran ok but it seems there is something running in the background that is queueing all the apps and game updates and preventing them installing. Network connectivity is ok and done the reboots.
    I have a feeling I just got a buggy machine and a return is on the cards...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

Have you tried canceling all downloads and just downloading one at a time?

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭sky23

when you say the cod ghosts update fail did it say something? note that when its downloading a patch for a game it just says the game is installing and the percentage (it won't install from disc until the patch is downloaded so if your internet is slow it might take a while) so maybe it is downloading and that's why your app downloads are paused. the cod ghost patch is around 1.4 gb.

edit: should of your read your post more clearly that doesn't seem to be your problem

That's right, for instance I bought Ryse the other day and when I placed the disc into the XB1 to install it the game but the game started to download a 4GB patch first which made the disc update incredibly slow.

I think your Xbox is just overwhelmed. Too many things on the go. Hover over each one and press the menu button on the controller and look for pause or quit until only one game is downloading at a time.

How is your Internet connection? Are you prone to network timeouts or signal drops after a few minutes. Are you wired into your router or wireless, what internet speeds are you getting? Maybe take your XB1 round to a friends house with a faster Internet connection.

• Advertisement

Well got a replacement console through the exchange program, actually very quick turnaround, spoke to support yesterday morning and had a replacement console this afternoon...but having the same problem!!
    The initial system update downloaded and installed ok and went through the initial configuration all went well until it came to playing COD. The game update failed again and likewise trying to install any apps.
    I've been through all the troubleshooting steps with Xbox support, tried the network connection via wired & wireless. The only thing I can think of is the router is the horizon box, but how that could be affecting the updates I don't know as the initial update downloaded ok.
    Jesus I can't be that unlucky to get two duff boxes??
    Will be back onto support tomorrow to see what they say, but at this stage thinking of getting a refund and going the PS4 route.

deco nate wrote: »
    Have you tried canceling all downloads and just downloading one at a time?

Yup

You got the first console update running so that's good. Now every game or app update fails. Have you tried completely powering off the console. Hold the power button(logo on console) down for 7 seconds for full power off and then turn it back on.

How's your Internet connection? Are you wired directly into the router? Try reboot the router also.

Done all that too..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,497 ✭✭✭Damien360

Well got a replacement console through the exchange program, actually very quick turnaround, spoke to support yesterday morning and had a replacement console this afternoon...but having the same problem!!
    The initial system update downloaded and installed ok and went through the initial configuration all went well until it came to playing COD. The game update failed again and likewise trying to install any apps.
    I've been through all the troubleshooting steps with Xbox support, tried the network connection via wired & wireless. The only thing I can think of is the router is the horizon box, but how that could be affecting the updates I don't know as the initial update downloaded ok.
    Will be back onto support tomorrow to see what they say, but at this stage thinking of getting a refund and going the PS4 route.

A long shot as I am a ps3 owner. My ps3, vita and iOS devices need fixed IP address on network or they all will time out when downloading. Does not happen android. The UPC router seems to assign an external IP to these devices (49.xx.xx.xx instead of 192.168.xx.xx). Try manually entering your IP address and DNS addresses in the setup to get it working. Gateway address will be router address which will be 192.168.1.1. This was the same for my 360 when I had one also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Wooden Jesus

Something similiar happened to me when i tried to download the fifa patch. Installation failed and i couldnt download anything until i reset the console to factory settings. Did you cancel the installation or did get disconnected from the internet at anytime?
    Its worth a try to reset the console to factory settings then install the initial update again. You'll lose anything you have downloaded or installed but it seems to be the only thing that worked for me. Before you do anything with COD if its on disc is to make sure your xbox is disconnected from the internet then install the disc fully before you go back online.
    Hope it works out for you, its serious effort having to install everything over and over again especially with the size of the digital downloads

• Advertisement

I think it's a router issue. The chances of having 2 xbox ones with exactly the same issue are very low.

I'd bring the xbox to a friends house to try the update there. Try reseting the horizon box.
    I use the horizon box as well. I had an issue with getting disconnected every 20 minutes or so. I think your connection may be dropping while you are updating, hence the failed game update message.

Looks like you were right failsafe, as I type I have the Xbox on another connection and updates are going through ok. COD has just installed the patch fine.
    So the issue is definitely with the horizon box. When I look at advanced network stats on this connection I've got numbers for upload speed and the maximum transfer unit which I didn't at home so will have to either reset the horizon again or get a new box from UPC. ( never liked this horizon box from the start!)
    Enough typing now game on!

Looks like you were right failsafe, as I type I have the Xbox on another connection and updates are going through ok. COD has just installed the patch fine.
    So the issue is definitely with the horizon box. When I look at advanced network stats on this connection I've got numbers for upload speed and the maximum transfer unit which I didn't at home so will have to either reset the horizon again or get a new box from UPC. ( never liked this horizon box from the start!)
    Enough typing now game on!

That's great, enjoy the games.

I find myself powering off/on the horizon box frequently. It seems to get congested frequently. The wireless is awful on horizon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

That's great, enjoy the games.

I find myself powering off/on the horizon box frequently. It seems to get congested frequently. The wireless is awful on horizon.

Is there an advanced settings log in on the horizon box? I'm with vodafone so can't say or not, but on mine I have an admin login which has far more options and settings to configure that with the standard login.

Advertisement