Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bad Quality Hardware

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

I noticed P Busardo uses a carto tank for a lot of his reviews, any idea which one?

Thinking of trying the Boge F17

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Anyone

Ok, so started using this on Saturday. My first impressions are the draw is a little airy, however, that could be because of the juice i was using(not my usual all day vape, which I ran out of).

Filling them, compared to clearo's, is a bit of a pain. I would recommend that anybody who is trying them to watch one or two videos, as its a different process to clearo's.

I think I may have flooded the carto also. After topping up my tank, I decided to drop some liquid into the filler material, just to keep it wet. No idea if I put too much in, but after I did, I had a lot of gurlgling.

So....all in all, I cant really give a verdict just yet. One, I need to try them with my standard all day juice(hopefully it will arrive today), and practice a bit more on filling/refilling.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Mr. Chrome

Anyone, what type of cartos are you using, are they prepunched or did you punch them yourself? The size of holes and juice have alot to do with flooding. The thicker the juice the bigger the hole needed and vice versa. If you make the holes too big you will get flooding, too small and you will get dry hits.
    If it floods just take it off the mod, put tissue around the air intake of the carto, turn it upsidedown and blow into the drip tip.

Fred, I have an F17 somewhere if you want it, I can send you a few cartos aswell. PM me your address if you want them. As for busardo, god only knows what he uses. I'd say he has a decent collection of them :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭StickyIcky

Cartomisers are great. Learn to use them without tank. Fill them properly, the condom method is good for this, Google it. Then let it sit for a good 15mins to let it fully soak in so it doesn't burn or its for the bin. Then vape it. To top them up.. Drip into it into the top down the side, don't get any juice in the hole in the middle, if you do just unscrew it, turn it upside down and blow it out into a tissue.

They're great! Get one if you haven't already! They are cheap and can be a life saver!

Cartomisers! Yay

Seriously buy one already.

My favourite are boge low resistance cartomisers.

Green hornet covered it all really well.

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭BeansBeans

I noticed P Busardo uses a carto tank for a lot of his reviews, any idea which one?

Thinking of trying the Boge F17

Ah he has a lot of carto tanks, he used the Trap tank a lot (thats from Kir Fanis I think, someone would know better), the Prive tank from Kir Fanis, also the Rapid tank he used for a while, seemed to love it, bit of an oddball tank. You used to be able to get that from Finnvape but dont think its around anymore, sadly carto tanks are not in vogue anymore :p
    These days he seems to use Russian and the Kayfun rebuildables for reviews.

The f17 is flanged is it not? Some tanks will not be able to fit that (AGR for instance) also cant do the rubber cap fill method which is a life saver :p.

Seeing as people are talking about cartos, why the hell can you not get 1.3 - 1.6 ohm range cartos (single coil) I really would love a lower resistance carto.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

BeansBeans wrote: »
    Seeing as people are talking about cartos, why the hell can you not get 1.3 - 1.6 ohm range cartos (single coil) I really would love a lower resistance carto.

People would destroy their eGos and 510 batteries. On a mech 12-13w on a fresh battery is very hot for a carto - fire a 2ohm Boge at 5.2v if you want that vape but cartos topped out at around 9w for me before certain juices tasted burnt.
    There was a 1.25ohm dual-coil from Smoktech but that's gonna be cack because they can't make dual-coils reliably. Seems to be an issue in factories, duals are tricky for employees to get right or something.

Its probably too hot for a carto but I dont think it would destroy an ego.
    I think the amp limit kicks in at around 2.5 amps. I use a 1.2ohm coil in an a7 and get around 3.3V under load. Thats an 8.25W vape, bit somehow feels more with the a7.
    I know its pushes the limits of the ego bit I've been doing it now for about 6 months and on different egos and nothing bad has happened....yet..*

*famous last words

Mr. Chrome wrote: »
    Its probably too hot for a carto but I dont think it would destroy an ego.
    I think the amp limit kicks in at around 2.5 amps. I use a 1.2ohm coil in an a7 and get around 3.3V under load. Thats an 8.25W vape, bit somehow feels more with the a7.
    I know its pushes the limits of the ego bit I've been doing it now for about 6 months and on different egos and nothing bad has happened....yet..*

*famous last words
    Most eGos people are buying aren't Joyetech's. Generics usually start at 4.2v which is 3.3A. Maybe those teeny tiny batteries have a bit of headroom but I wouldn't like to test the limits.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

Ah he has a lot of carto tanks, he used the Trap tank a lot (thats from Kir Fanis I think, someone would know better), the Prive tank from Kir Fanis, also the Rapid tank he used for a while, seemed to love it, bit of an oddball tank. You used to be able to get that from Finnvape but dont think its around anymore, sadly carto tanks are not in vogue anymore :p
    These days he seems to use Russian and the Kayfun rebuildables for reviews.

The f17 is flanged is it not? Some tanks will not be able to fit that (AGR for instance) also cant do the rubber cap fill method which is a life saver :p.

I think the F17 cartos are narrower than the standard Boges as well as flanged so they'll only fit the F17 tank.

I'd imagine that if somebody was going to go down the carto route for certain, they'd be better to buy standard Boges, a punch and a nice tank.

The X8 Tank is a bit of a copy of the Trap Tank and much cheaper. My favourite carto tank is the AGR (not the AGR plus) but you need a mod for those are they're too big for an eGo. I never really found a carto tank that I liked for an eGo battery.

• Advertisement

Was looking at the pyrex U-DCT today, i wonder about it though, have read the airflow is a bit crap on them. Im really disappointed with the AGR+.

Back to the resistance thing though. A 1.5 ohm carto would be fine at 4.2 volts, as long as people punch them properly. The reason I would go for the lower resistance idea is that most cartos I have used tend to be 2.2 ohms as opposed to being two. But ya 1.5 - 1.7 would probably be a better choice.

I think im just sick of having to use a huge wand (kicked mech or a VW mod) with a carto.

Beans here's a dual coil 1.5 ohm cartomiser - never tried them but if you do please post back your results. The AGR+ kinda sucks compared to the original AGR. I've both and far prefer the original one.

http://www.e-smokeireland.eu/product-p/dcc.htm

I think im just sick of having to use a huge wand (kicked mech or a VW mod) with a carto.

Kicked 18350? 79mm with the Nemesis [clone]. Only 7mm longer than a 650mAh eGo, 8mm shorter than the 900mAh.
    With a long carto + drip tip it's the same length as the Vamo in 18650 with nothing on top.

GzTaCPG.png

Grindle, how are you getting on with your chemesis? Did you hear about the black box-white box debacle?

Grindle, how are you getting on with your chemesis? Did you hear about the black box-white box debacle?

Both working perfectly, love them to bits. A friend I see every couple of months (non-vaper) was very smitten with the Nemesis, it reeked of class to him - clones, very classy indeed.
    Never heard of this debacle, do go on...

It is nice alright, basically anyone that got one in a white box is getting a replacement or $10 credit because the manufacturer fuked up on a few details. The black box ones are all good though.

Ha, now they're saying they will give 50% credit to anyone that got the white box!

grindle wrote: »
    Kicked 18350? 79mm with the Nemesis [clone]. Only 7mm longer than a 650mAh eGo, 8mm shorter than the 900mAh.
    With a long carto + drip tip it's the same length as the Vamo in 18650 with nothing on top.

GzTaCPG.png

Finally.. a use for my kick!

StickyIcky wrote: »
    Beans here's a dual coil 1.5 ohm cartomiser - never tried them but if you do please post back your results. The AGR+ kinda sucks compared to the original AGR. I've both and far prefer the original one.

http://www.e-smokeireland.eu/product-p/dcc.htm

Ya I am not a big fan of dual coil cartos for numerous reasons.
    My AGR cracked finally after vaping lemon liquids in it, took a while, was willing to sacrifice it (had no choice really, was on holidays) :p. But the + was a huge disappointment.
    grindle wrote: »

GzTaCPG.png

Ya I use kicked 18350s unless i know i will be out for a while in which case it will be an 18500 or so.

I am jealous of all of ye who use rebuildables and can actually use an 18350 unkicked basically :D The Nemesis clone does look very tidy compared to telescopes. Might have to order one of those. Fasttech ya? :D

Back on topic.

The sigelei Bagua telescope. Beautiful looking mod but it feels really light, very light, the tube when screwed out is wobbly. The locking ring is stuck in the unlocked position.
    The air holes at the top are actual vents not air flow. There is a ring to block the venting, which is insanely bad design, someone might not realise their actual purpose. Kind of been put off using it in case the ring winds up in my pocket while walking around, sounds made but i have had toppers screw out of mods in my pocket before :p

On the plus side, threading is fantastic and looks really great, the button is very nice if a bit of a long throw (easy to adjust with an o-ring). Its a pity though if it was nearly as solid as the Sigelei #19 (another knock off apparently) and the rings were not terrible it would be a favourite.
    But its only €20 or so, mainly the safety that bothers me.

It is nice alright, basically anyone that got one in a white box is getting a replacement or $10 credit because the manufacturer fuked up on a few details. The black box ones are all good though.

Glad I didn't have to get involved in that crap, mine were both black boxes, not a peep out of either of them. 22mm dripper on top would be sex, but RDA designers seem oblivious to the size of the devices these things are on top of. Pack of knobs

Yeah thats weird alright, plenty of 19, 20, 21 and 23mm drippers but nothing in 22mm, except for the fatty v3 but thats only 22 at the base...oh the inhumanity of it all!!
    Something like the igo w in 22mm with air control would look sweet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭Gillian72

Hi all! :) I'm starting to get a bit confused...

At the start of this thread Green Hornet said this is a good one:

http://www.e-smokeireland.eu/product-p/subtanks.htm

So, I was gonna order the mini Submarine Tank, is that a good one?

I use a iTaste VV VW, will the mini Submarine Tank work with my iTaste? Or does it only work on Mods?

What else should I order? Do I need Cartamizers? ( I don't even really know what they are) Should I buy ones that have holes in them, or should I put the holes in them myself? Can I buy the Cartamizers on esmokeireland? If so which ones should I buy?

Sorry about all the stupid questions, but I've got great advice here before, I know you guys have tried and tested most stuff available. There is no way I'd be able to build anything myself, I don't even understand what omh's are?

I'm looking for something that is simple to use, something that doesn't leak and gurgle. I don't have a Mod, so I need something that'll work on my iTaste VV.

I really value everyone's opinions and advice on here.

Thanx! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭M00lers

Here's a pic of the AGI in dripper mode (22mm) on a Nemesis clone unkicked 18350.

20140108_095854.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

Gillian72 wrote: »
    Hi all! :) I'm starting to get a bit confused...

At the start of this thread Green Hornet said this is a good one:

So, I was gonna order the mini Submarine Tank, is that a good one?

I use a iTaste VV VW, will the mini Submarine Tank work with my iTaste? Or does it only work on Mods?

What else should I order? Do I need Cartamizers? ( I don't even really know what they are) Should I buy ones that have holes in them, or should I put the holes in them myself? Can I buy the Cartamizers on esmokeireland? If so which ones should I buy?

Sorry about all the stupid questions, but I've got great advice here before, I know you guys have tried and tested most stuff available. There is no way I'd be able to build anything myself, I don't even understand what omh's are?

I'm looking for something that is simple to use, something that doesn't leak and gurgle. I don't have a Mod, so I need something that'll work on my iTaste VV.

I really value everyone's opinions and advice on here.

Thanx! :)

You punch a hole in the carto at the bottom end of the carto to allow the juice into the carto. Above the level of the base of the tank obviously.

http://www.e-smokeireland.eu/product-p/bogecarto.htm

http://www.e-smokeireland.eu/product-p/punch.htm

Probably an idea to just buy a couple of cartos first though and try them out. You just load them up and vape and top them up occasionally. No punch or anything needed that way and only costs a couple of euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

If you haven't tried it yet OP I would recommend the Kanger E-Vod. I got a pair of them recently and you can't go wrong. I had endless problems with other clearos, but this one has a different design and has been impeccable so far. Not even a whiff of a leak or gurgle.

Here's a pic of the AGI in dripper mode (22mm) on a Nemesis clone unkicked 18350.

It's a pity the AGI doesn't have holes through the posts. I'm a big fan boy now of holes in the posts. You unscrew the screws, slip the legs though the holes, and tighten the screws down. None of this wrapping the legs around under the screw heads. Much easier.

So, these things arent working out so good. I bought 2 tanks, as I usually run 2 types of liquid. Anyway, one is full of Silverberry from HoL but I found the draw to be too light. I filled the 2nd tank with my all day liquid(cigarillos) and took a hit. Burnt taste, now I know this means the carto is dead, but it was the carto pre-installed in the tank, so I now have a tank full of liquid with a dud carto. Gonna be fun sorting that out.

As for someone else's question about what carto's i was using, I am using these:

http://www.ezsmoke.ie/boge-f16f17-cartomizers-p-351.html

and this tank:

http://www.ezsmoke.ie/boge-cartomizer-tank-p-349.html

When you are starting off with cartomisers start off with the Boge Low Resistance Cartomisers and don't use a tank. Just a cartomiser, that's all.
    http://www.ezsmoke.ie/boge-cartomizers-pack-p-144.html

When you get it use the condom method to fill it and let it sit for a good 15 minutes once it's full. You can tell it's full because if you look down into it, the filler material will look like a slushie.

This way you won't get any dry hits straight off the bat and you won't have any problems. In my experience it's very very rare to have a dud Boge LR cartomiser.

I would usually buy these Boge LR cartomisers in stainless steel (without the black paper wrapped around them) then I would usually punch them myself using a carto punch, then I'd put them in an AGR or an X8 tank and put it on my mod and vape it.

However when you're starting off using cartomisers, like I said eariler, get the Boge LR cartomisers, do not use them with a tank. Just get used to using a cartomiser first, then you can advance to punching them and putting them in a tank etc.

After using a cartomiser to vape for a while to top it up you dont' use the condom method again, you drip into it from the top, down the side.

Here's some videos.

This is the method I use for filling a cartomiser for hte first time. It's called the condom method. It takes about 2-3 minutes to fill a cartomiser for the first time this way, but after that topping it up only takes a few seconds. (Ignore the part about the tank)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lKjjSkJado0

This is the method I use for topping up a cartomiser. It's very quick, just dripping some drops into the top to make sure the filler material doesn't go dry.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CeaqRV4PmzA

If you follow this method for filling and topping up you won't get dry hits, gurgles, or leakages etc and you'll have a hassle free nice easy vape experience. I get decent vapour and decent flavour with my Boge LR cartomisers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭M00lers

StickyIcky wrote: »
    It's a pity the AGI doesn't have holes through the posts. I'm a big fan boy now of holes in the posts. You unscrew the screws, slip the legs though the holes, and tighten the screws down. None of this wrapping the legs around under the screw heads. Much easier.

I agree its easier with holes but not exactly difficult without them either.

Thought I'd post an update on this. Its two weeks using carto's and have to admit, it will take one amazing clearo for me to go back. Very good vaping experience from them, consistant, no gurgling, yes the carto's burn out, but once that happens, you bin and replace.

If any of you are/were in a similar position to me, I'd recommend trying them out. Very happy I swapped over.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

Just flicked through this, but I seen a few people mention issues with the iTaste VV - I have 2 of them, both refuse to charge!! For absolutely no apparent reason. Both of them just stay dead on charge. And I'm sorry I praised them now, as a handy carry-out vape device. I mostly use my Vamos, I have both a V2 and V3, both firing away good as ever. One is a year old. I prefer to use those at home. But I like something lighter, smaller, neater for out and about. I have a few ego batteries, some of them have also failed. 2 twists, and a couple of 450mah C batt's over the past year, dead. But at least the plain ones are cheap. The itaste VV is not cheap for what you get.

Advertisement