Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some ideas for a New Years Day dinner

Options
  • 27-12-2013 4:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭

Not a big meat eater myself, and am quite repetitive with meals I'd cook for myself however I love love love cooking and on Wednesday I will have 4 adults and a child over for dinner.

My mind is drawing a blank. Because I'm not a massive meat fan I don't know what would be nice (guests would eat all meat) and what veg to accompany the meat? Also ideas on easy starters would be good too. Usually make potato and leek soup which is always delicious however I think something different for a change would be nice.

Thanks for any ideas

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

They do a lovey box of lamb in lidl, fresh and very nice, its a round roast.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Make a feck off beef casserole, with buttery mashed potatoes, nom nom

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭foodaholic

I always make Sparks pulled pork for NYE

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Whistlejacket

Celeriac soup with a slice of hot black pudding crumbled into it before serving is good. We have roast goose, having had turkey and ham for Christmas. Spiced beef would be fab either.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,778 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Why not check out The Cooking Club forum, or the Random/Easy Peasy Recipes threads for ideas? You can then select something that suits your level of ability.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Would ceviche be ok as a starter or is it a little out there?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Would ceviche be ok as a starter or is it a little out there?

I wouldn't recommend it as a starter unless you know all of your guests are open-minded eaters. You'd also need to use very high quality fish and be extremely careful about preparation, so I'd go with something easier and more likely to appeal to everyone.

Advertisement