Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish/Gaeilge

• 27-12-2013 4:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭

Hi Guys,

I will be doing the PE course in UL from September and have the option of choosing Irish as my minor subject. I am wondering what level you would be required to have in order to be able to do Irish. I did my leaving cert in 2004 and got a B1 in Ordinary, obviously would be a bit rusty but would pick it up again quite quickly. Would ordinary be ok or is Higher level a must?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 918 ✭✭✭Agent_99

Ross1986 wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

I will be doing the PE course in UL from September and have the option of choosing Irish as my minor subject. I am wondering what level you would be required to have in order to be able to do Irish. I did my leaving cert in 2004 and got a B1 in Ordinary, obviously would be a bit rusty but would pick it up again quite quickly. Would ordinary be ok or is Higher level a must?

Thanks!

Entry Requirements

Applicants are required to hold at the time of enrolment the established Leaving Certificate (or an approved equivalent) with at least Grade C3 in two Higher Level subjects and Grade D3 in four Ordinary or Higher Level subjects (including Mathematics, Irish or another language and English).

It is desirable that the candidate wishing to take a specific elective subject within this Degree should hold at least a Higher Grade C3, or an approved equivalent, in the relevant Leaving Certificate subject.

Check with admissions when they go back to work next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 mm5

I'm doing Irish in UL and the PE people are in my class. I'm afraid you would need to have higher level Irish for the course, it would be very difficult otherwise! Geography would be a good choice i think for the minor subject if it's been a few years since you've done the leaving.

Advertisement