Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nike+ Sportsband

Options
  • 27-12-2013 5:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,263 ✭✭✭

Anyone here used/use one of these?

what do ye think of them??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭gearoidol

They are very poor in fairness. I used one for the first 6 months and thought I was a mighty runner knocking out 5ks in a little over 18 mins.the night before my first race I got a gps etch and realized my real 5k time was 19:50 :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,263 ✭✭✭slingerz

gearoidol wrote: »
    They are very poor in fairness. I used one for the first 6 months and thought I was a mighty runner knocking out 5ks in a little over 18 mins.the night before my first race I got a gps etch and realized my real 5k time was 19:50 :(

not sure how that works out? was it a training trip that you were doing that you were getting your times from or what?

slingerz wrote: »
    not sure how that works out? was it a training trip that you were doing that you were getting your times from or what?

no the sportsband was measuring the run longer than it really was so therefore it though I was faster than I really was.

Unless you run at the exact same speed you calibrate them at they are way off

• Registered Users Posts: 5,263 ✭✭✭slingerz

no the sportsband was measuring the run longer than it really was so therefore it though I was faster than I really was.

Unless you run at the exact same speed you calibrate them at they are way off

fair enough its all a bit too technical for me anyway! i reckon it'd tell me what time its taken and i'd have a general idea of the distance so wouldnt need it to be as precise as a watch

what about the nike watches are they no good too?

Nike watches are grand too,had one when I started off.

Have a look in adverts and but a second garmin would be my advice

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Nike watches are grand too,had one when I started off.

Have a look in adverts and but a second garmin would be my advice

+1 I have a nike sportsband and it has to be the worst €50 I ever spent. As soon as I copped it was not in slightest bit accurate (one particular route could measure anything between 4.5k and 5.5k) I immeduiately wanted to buy a garmin.
    OP if a garmin is not an option I would get a normal stopwatch for time and use mapmyrun for distance.

• Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭psychozeb

Can also get a map my run map for your smartphone if you have one.

By the way had a nike sportsband before i bought a Garmin and you have to take into consideration it's really only a pedometer so the length of your strides will effect the distance measured as it isn't gps.

Advertisement