Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Transferring to itunes

• 27-12-2013 5:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭

I have films on my computer that I can't transfer to ipad. I have the films section open and I went to file, add file to library and opened the film I want to transfer like it said to in iTunes help but nothings happening. Why? The film is MP4

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

It sounds like you are trying to add something to the iTunes library. That won't transfer it to any device. In iTunes with the iPad connected, click the iPad in the left side menu and click on films tab. You can pick what films to sync from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭leemaree

guil wrote: »
    It sounds like you are trying to add something to the iTunes library. That won't transfer it to any device. In iTunes with the iPad connected, click the iPad in the left side menu and click on films tab. You can pick what films to sync from there.

Yeah but this is the latest iTunes. I thought that side menu was for the old version? I was able to transfer with the old version alright

You can change it back to the old way but with the iPad connected it should appear on the top right. Click that and everything else is the same.

sorry but still can't transfer. Maybe I'm doing something wrong

Sorry forgot to say make sure the sync films box is ticked in the films tab

• Advertisement

Yeah but when I did that it didn't work and I clicked apply

Have a look on support.itunes.com
    I haven't used iTunes for a while so could be missing something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Piliger

leemaree wrote: »
    I have films on my computer that I can't transfer to ipad. I have the films section open and I went to file, add file to library and opened the film I want to transfer like it said to in iTunes help but nothings happening. Why? The film is MP4
    leemaree wrote: »
    Yeah but when I did that it didn't work and I clicked apply

Insufficient info.
    - iOS ? iPhone model ?
    - Is the vid playing in iTunes on your computer ?
    - When your phone is connected and mounted in iTunes, did you go to the "Films" tab and is "Sync Films" ticked ? Are the films you want to transfer ticked ?
    - Did you click on "Sync" at the bottom right of the window ?
    - In the coloured bar at the bottom of the window is there grey "free space" ?

Advertisement