Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Google Voice

• 27-12-2013 5:54pm
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭

No one else I know uses this, but I think its absolutely brilliant. Voice recognition seems to have come on leaps and bounds recently. I put a shortcut to "Voice Search" on my homescreen and use it all the time.

I find it most useful for adding tasks to my GoogleTasks/Gtasks by saying "Note to Self" and then the message. I also like it for reminders, although the reminders do not have an alarm which is annoying.

Does anyone else us this or have any other tricks?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,684 ✭✭✭waynegalway

Zascar wrote: »
    No one else I know uses this, but I think its absolutely brilliant. Voice recognition seems to have come on leaps and bounds recently. I put a shortcut to "Voice Search" on my homescreen and use it all the time.

I find it most useful for adding tasks to my GoogleTasks/Gtasks by saying "Note to Self" and then the message. I also like it for reminders, although the reminders do not have an alarm which is annoying.

Does anyone else us this or have any other tricks?

For reminder alarms, calendar integration and making phone calls by voice, I actually find Maluuba is far superior to Google voice search.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.maluuba.android

• Closed Accounts Posts: 552 ✭✭✭smee again

Nexus users can just say "ok Google" to launch voice search, but you must set your language to English US, not working on UK

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Dammit I was hoping this would be about the actual Google Voice service :pac:

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

I really wish there was a dedicated Google Voice button. It allnoys me to have to unlock my phone and click the shortcut to use it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

I really wish there was a dedicated Google Voice button. It allnoys me to have to unlock my phone and click the shortcut to use it

Not sure what device your using, you should be able to long press or swipe home to get straight to google now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,820 ✭✭✭BionicRasher

Try OpenMic+
    I use it all the time in the car and it's great
    Allows my Nexus 4 to be completely hands free
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.RSen.OpenMic.Pheonix

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

Great service but slightly misleading thread title. I thought this was to do with the Google Voice service. Perhaps you could change it to Google Now or Google Voice Search? Just a suggestion though :pac: Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭ftm2008

install the Google launcher that came with KitKat and you just have to unlock and say OK Google on any homescreen..works perfectly Only the Moto X will launch without unlocking ..

ftm2008 wrote: »
    install the Google launcher that came with KitKat and you just have to unlock and say OK Google on any homescreen..works perfectly Only the Moto X will launch without unlocking ..

OpenMic+ will do the always listening trick if you don't have a Moto X
    It will also listen when you are in an app and not on a homescreen

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭ftm2008

tui0hcg wrote: »
    OpenMic+ will do the always listening trick if you don't have a Moto X
    It will also listen when you are in an app and not on a homescreen

You notice much different in battery life.

• Advertisement

ftm2008 wrote: »
    You notice much different in battery life.
    I set it up to only listen while on charge so when I am connected to the cradle in the car it is always listening.
    I would imagine that it would suck the battery if always on

Advertisement