Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who is the most overrated Soap actor/actress?

Options
  • 27-12-2013 6:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,094 ✭✭✭

I think this accolade deserves to go June Brown a.k.a Dorothy Cotton.

The woman is venerated as some iconic soap actress for reasons unknown to me. I don't regard longevity as a sign of respect either. All I hear when she speaks is a mumble followed by a grumble, a reflection on her son or Ethel, then rinse and repeat with the mumble jumbles.

Basically, I just think she's crap.

Who do you regard as a much overrated/overvenerated figure in the main soap operas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,434 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

All of them.

Seriously.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Soap actors are rated? News to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

We have other forums, don't you know? Moved from After Hours. The charter within this forum now applies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,943 ✭✭✭smcgiff

There's a whole actors' address book to be considered before considering Dot. I think she plays that character well.

I mean, have you ever watched Fair City?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭BNMC

Danny Dyer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,094 ✭✭✭wretcheddomain

smcgiff wrote: »
    There's a whole actors' address book to be considered before considering Dot. I think she plays that character well.

I mean, have you ever watched Fair City?

Yes - but none of those actors are rated at all. :-)

This differs to Dot who appears to be held up as a soap goddess.

Yes - but none of those actors are rated at all. :-)

This differs to Dot who appears to be held up as a soap goddess.

But that's a very exclusive list. Dot is rated for sure, even got her own EE's episode to herself. A Jew playing an iconic COI character. :pac:

Who else is held in awe in soapland to be considered for overrated?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,094 ✭✭✭wretcheddomain

smcgiff wrote: »
    But that's a very exclusive list. Dot is rated for sure, even got her own EE's episode to herself. A Jew playing an iconic COI character. :pac:

Who else is held in awe in soapland to be considered for overrated?

Gail Platt - couldn't act to save her life.

Really? Only ever came across her as a meme or a joke. Didn't realise she was rated.

With that said wasn't Gail's son considered a good actor.

• Advertisement

all I can think of is corrie why the hell is sean still in it same goes for Michelle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

Bela Doyle, I can't stand him. Moaning and complaining the whole time, with his grey boring face.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Meangadh

The acting in FC is generally atrocious anyway, so it's hard to pick the worst- but as someone else said, it's hard to be overrated if you're not actually rated in the first place.

Advertisement