Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My broadband speed was cut without even telling me

Options
  • 27-12-2013 6:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭

I was on the 70Mb/s efibre broadband package and was very happy with it. Out of nowhere my package has been cut to the 50Mb/s package. Frankly put, I am furious. I signed up for 70 Mb/s for a reason, I am an extremely heavy Internet user, as are the rest of my family. I can't understand why this would happen and why it would be done without even consulting me. 

My line was doing 70 Mb/s fine. I can't fathom a reason for this unless perhaps to allow new customers to experience higher speeds on their lines. If this is the case it is absolute and utter bs. I have been with eircom for years. I signed up for efibre months before it was even released. Why would a loyal customer be treated this way? What has happened?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭gzoladz

Same happened to me... 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

I was on the 70Mb/s efibre broadband package and was very happy with it. Out of nowhere my package has been cut to the 50Mb/s package. Frankly put, I am furious. I signed up for 70 Mb/s for a reason, I am an extremely heavy Internet user, as are the rest of my family. I can't understand why this would happen and why it would be done without even consulting me. 

My line was doing 70 Mb/s fine. I can't fathom a reason for this unless perhaps to allow new customers to experience higher speeds on their lines. If this is the case it is absolute and utter bs. I have been with eircom for years. I signed up for efibre months before it was even released. Why would a loyal customer be treated this way? What has happened?
    Hi lemon_remon
    Can you PM me your account details and I can see what happened here?
    Tony

Advertisement