Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Who lost antennas in the storm?

• 27-12-2013 6:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭

I lost an X300 2m/70cm antenna - Fibre glass shattered!! :o

Anyone else?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭CB19Kevo

No problem here, Surprising given the intensity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,116 ✭✭✭Mech1

My Airband D777 is still up there, surprising as the mast is a 2 piece chrome curtain pole, jointed with a split and jubilee clip. hopefully the RG213 coax would work as a safety line as its routed up the middle of mounting pole.
    IMG_0547.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭martinedwards

the fiberglass pole holding up the baluns for my Windom and long wire came down this afternoon.

ah well, a sign that it's time to try that open fed horizontal loop that I have all the bits for.......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 419 ✭✭eiei0

I lost my Diamond X510

Fiberglass snapped 2ft up from the base,

Thankfully it doesn't look to have damaged the element inside so I'll try to patch it up and see does it still work,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

My Dual band Watson is a little drunken.
    286909.jpg

My multi-sat dish is pointing North East!
    286910.jpg

The discone on Chimney, 5m vertical and 20m horizontal end fed all OK.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,342 ✭✭✭Tow

watty wrote: »
    286910.jpg

Is your radio shack built into the house :-)

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

That isn't my radio shack. That is Utility Shed + Mechanical workshop at bottom of garden. Sat cables go in pipe under lawn to house.

I did have the Radios in there long ago. They are now here:

287068.jpg

Edge of Radio Shack / Electronics lab with 20m horizontal wire and 5m nearly vertical wire feeds. Wood built against side of house. 5m wire supported by nylon builder's cord at top end to pole mounted on Gable (did have 2m beam and rotator, but it has been dismounted over a year).

• Registered Users Posts: 15 mickfitzer

This is what I woke up to the morning after St Stephens night storm!

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Shpongler

I lost a VHF copper Jpole last week - So much work to do in the summer!
    :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

If your mast survived the storms then it could have been taller :pac:

• Advertisement
Advertisement