Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Libraries open now?

Options
  • 27-12-2013 6:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hey there, and merry Christmas to everyone!:)

Would anyone know if there are any libraries open over this festive period? I need access to a computer. I'm aware that James Hardiman library is closed until the 2nd, but would Galway City library be open?

Unfortunately they don't actually have the Christmas opening hours up on their website. Hopefully someone here will know, though :)

Thank you:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

The city libraries will reopen on Tue 31st, 11am, closed again on 1st Jan, back to normal again from 2nd

edit:I'm assuming its the same for all branches, the above is from a slip I got from Ballybane library

• Registered Users Posts: 25,960 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

You could try an internet cafe? Locations here: http://www.galwaytransport.info/2011/08/internet-cafes-in-galway-city.html

• Registered Users Posts: 5,233 ✭✭✭bobbyss

Annie333 wrote: »
    Hey there, and merry Christmas to everyone!:)

Would anyone know if there are any libraries open over this festive period? I need access to a computer. I'm aware that James Hardiman library is closed until the 2nd, but would Galway City library be open?

Unfortunately they don't actually have the Christmas opening hours up on their website. Hopefully someone here will know, though :)

Thank you:)

I spoke with someone from the library office beside the cathedral asking about the opening hours of the libraries in the city and told her that the websites did not have Xmas opening hours. She said she thought someone was working on the website to do just that. But every year it is the same-there is no info available. How difficult is it to make a change to a website?

Advertisement