Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2013 – THE MAGIC OF HURLING

• 27-12-2013 7:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭

2013 – THE MAGIC OF HURLING is being shown on Rte Two tonight at 7.50pm . Just thought i'd inform ye all. Should be a good show. Highlight of the year for me was Kilkenny vs Tipp at Nolan Park :)

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I'm enjoying it so far, but I'm a little bit biased

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 148 ✭✭melonstar

Watching this now. Nice little snapshot of the year.

One complaint though is the constant dramatic music in the background when the lads are talking. Seriously!? WTF!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭Amprodude

Clareman wrote: »
    I'm enjoying it so far, but I'm a little bit biased

Funny to think that Wexford nearly ended Clare's season when the game went to extra time. You would have got some bets if you were to say that Clare would win All Ireland after that game. They turned out to be an unreal team after that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭deadybai

I actually cant wait for the start of the hurling season next year. Has to be the most open championship in years. Clare, Cork, Tipp, Dublin, Galway, Limerick, and the mighty Cats all have to be contenders . Waterford could be next years Dark Horse also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Mountainlad

Load of absolute cac that show was.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

1 of my favourite songs at the end and all, it'll always be Opie's wake song, not for the Fitz's, still nice hours (45 mins) of TV, I'll watch it a couple of more times no doubt

Clareman wrote: »
    1 of my favourite songs at the end and all, it'll always be Opie's wake song, not for the Fitz's, still nice hours (45 mins) of TV, I'll watch it a couple of more times no doubt

I couldn't watch the end... You know why :D Im such a good sportsman :D What was the song played at end?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭irish bloke

deadybai wrote: »
    2013 – THE MAGIC OF HURLING is being shown on Rte Two tonight at 7.50pm . Just thought i'd inform ye all. Should be a good show. Highlight of the year for me was Kilkenny vs Tipp at Nolan Park :)

Is hurling magic???

Amprodude wrote: »
    I couldn't watch the end... You know why :D Im such a good sportsman :D What was the song played at end?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Ohmydays83

Loved the programme. What a season we had. Its amazing how you forget what a glorious summer we had on these dreary winter evenings!

Makes me hungry for 2014. Lots to look forward to.

Hurling- the greatest game on Earth. :)

• Advertisement

Slightly geekey moment here, but I recorded the program off Satellite and Saorview this evening, the saorview was 3.25 gigs, the satellite was 5.6 gigs, it's amazing the amount of information that's sent and received by things we take for granted.

I thought the programme was poor comparing it to shows like the documentaries Final words and jimmys winning matches which was aired at start of year. I think it would have been better if they interviewed players who were involved in the 2013 hurling championship and more music during the games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,098 ✭✭✭glineli

Decent program. I wonder will they show behind the banner at some stage, which is well worth a look

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Mountainlad

Personally I thought the hurling show was septic. Very disappointing given the football show was excellent, and they had far more to work with in the hurling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,939 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

thought the hurling show was good. much better than the liam 13 dvd (Which only really shows from the all ireland quarter finals and has Galway vs laois on it instead of Tipp vs Kilkenny or Kilkenny vs Waterford)

ordered the Behind the banner dvd and cant wait to watch it

Advertisement