Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

32 inch smart TV

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭philboy

I got the following on Amazon yesterday. It works out at approx €365. You will need the dongle though as WiFi not built-in
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00BSRT8NY/ref=redir_mdp_mobile?ref_=pe_385721_37986871_TE_item

• Registered Users Posts: 3,855 ✭✭✭budgemook

philboy wrote: »
    I got the following on Amazon yesterday. It works out at approx €365. You will need the dongle though as WiFi not built-in
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00BSRT8NY/ref=redir_mdp_mobile?ref_=pe_385721_37986871_TE_item

Thanks,

I'm not sure this one is better than the argos link I posted. Any reasons?

budgemook wrote: »
    Thanks,

I'm not sure this one is better than the argos link I posted. Any reasons?
    It has everything you needed in the op. It has a dual core processor so everything works faster and using smart hub will be smoother. Its the newer model, Argos has last years one.
    It has smart hub 2.0 which has 5 content panels rather than 3. Think the Argos one is version 1.0, on phone on bus so can't check properly.

It all depends on what you'll use, if you intend to use the smart hub quite a lot, then check what version the Argos one is, if its v1.0 then I'd recommend going for the Amazon one.

It has everything you needed in the op. It has a dual core processor so everything works faster and using smart hub will be smoother. Its the newer model, Argos has last years one.
    It has smart hub 2.0 which has 5 content panels rather than 3. Think the Argos one is version 1.0, on phone on bus so can't check properly.

It all depends on what you'll use, if you intend to use the smart hub quite a lot, then check what version the Argos one is, if its v1.0 then I'd recommend going for the Amazon one.

I don't know what the smart hub is.

TV looks good. Argos seems to be sold out anyway.

I don't know what the smart hub is.

TV looks good. Argos seems to be sold out anyway.

Go to the link I sent for the TV in Amazon and read the first 10 in depth reviews. You'll know exactly what it does after reading them and if its suitable for you. You can read all if you've the time. They explain everything in plain language most of the time so its easier to understand than the product description a lot of the time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭jaytobe

Thanks for the link to this TV. Had been looking at the following based on Ethernet connection to home drive being my real driver. This looks to have that and more. Does it beat the 32F55 for the same price?

UE32F5500 Samsung HD + Smart €430 Soundstore £300 (€360) richersounds.com sale

UE32F5000 Samsung HD + Smart €350 PC World €357 Soundstore £250 Amazon £270 (€324) RS

UE32F4500 Samsung HD + Smart€385 Soundstore £297 Amazon

UE32F4000 Samsung HD €350 PC World €330 Soundstore £260 (€312) RS
    €313
    UE32EH5000 Samsung HD Soundstore
    €340
    PC32LN5400 LG HD PC World
    €309
    PC32LN5404 LG HD PC World

BTW - The TV in the Amazon link seems to have a free WIFI dongle. You just need to add it to your basket and it will be reduced at checkout.

Valid until January 22nd.

One more question about this TV.

Does it need an aerial on the roof for the EPG to work? I have the old school NTL service, i.e. cable TV from years ago. I just have a coax cable coming out of the wall and have the channels tuned in manually - no box.

Will saorview work? Will I still be able to record to USB?

Does it need an aerial on the roof for the EPG to work? I have the old school NTL service, i.e. cable TV from years ago. I just have a coax cable coming out of the wall and have the channels tuned in manually - no box.

That won't work I'm afraid if its NFL. You'll need to hook up the cable to an appropriate UHF aerial. They are done by group/colour according to the area you're in. Look at the saorview coverage map to choose the aerial type. You can get aerial on tvtrade.ie then, lots of video tutorials there to help you also.

That won't work I'm afraid if its NTL. You'll need to hook up the cable to an appropriate UHF aerial. They are done by group/colour according to the area you're in. Look at the saorview coverage map to choose the aerial type. You can get aerial on tvtrade.ie then, lots of video tutorials there to help you also.

• Advertisement

Jaytobe, 5500 seems to be the plasma version. I prefer led myself. See comparison table in the product description section on Amazon link above.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭nhg

The 5500 is LED & has wifi built in, paid €425 for it mid December

nhg wrote: »
    The 5500 is LED & has wifi built in, paid €425 for it mid December
    Hi,
    Is it DLNA compliant?
    Thanks,
    John

Looks like Amazon & richersounds at £300 for the 32F5500 Samsung can't be beaten for DLNA at that size unless anyone has seen better?

jaytobe wrote: »
    Looks like Amazon & richersounds at £300 for the 32F5500 Samsung can't be beaten for DLNA at that size unless anyone has seen better?

The 5500 is 330 on amazon no? 5300 is 300.

5300 needs a dongle but amazon are giving that.

Does 5500 have that allshare screen share feature? Worth the extra 30 if so.

Y'know, I was just reading about the Allshare screen mirroring and I doubt it would be any use for me - I want to have Sky Go play on my TV from the app on my phone. By the sounds of things it doesn't work well (or sometimes at all) with HD games so I doubt live TV would be great.

The 5300 with free WIFI dongle from Amazon @ 299 sterling looks the best to me.

Argos have the 5300 for 340 now. In a sale catalogue in today's paper

So long as it can connect to my WD drive over DLNA like the 42" I have I'll be happy

32F55 is 430 in soundstore since early Dec so if I can get a few quid off that in Sat I'll probably get it.

Tried that Allshare and found it a waste of time. My 42" picks up the drive immediately and pictures are perfect. Seems to play all formats also.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭seanman is me

Hey, so I am hoping someone can point me to a good deal.

They seem to be changing a lot atm.

I would be happy with a 32" tv that has netflix etc. I believe Samsung may be the best for rte player. Happy to move to 40" if price is right. Budget of about 350 to 400.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 ukgwilson

I'd like a decent 32 inch TV. Ideally it would:

- Have saorview
    - Have Netflix, RTE player etc
    - Have WIFI
    - Allow wireless streaming of movies from laptop

Any suggestions for under 500 (under 400 if possible)? I was looking at this Samsung:

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/5299689/c_1/1%7Ccategory_root%7CHome+entertainment+and+sat+nav%7C14419512/c_2/3%7Ccat_19780832%7CTelevisions%7C14419667.htm

It needs a WIFI dongle and am not sure about streaming.

Pixmania unreal deals 42 inch for 399€ and u can get discount codes online :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭Bits_n_Bobs

I would be happy with a 32" tv that has netflix etc. I believe Samsung may be the best for rte player. Happy to move to 40" if price is right. Budget of about 350 to 400.

Thanks.

Actually I'm in a similar position. I checked Pixmania this morning and was underwhelmed to say the least. Is it worthwhile heading to the likes of Powercity or is online the best way to go?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Mezcita

Thanks.

Picked this up in early December for €240 as part of the Amazon lightening sales. Up to €280 now but I've been very impressed with it. Built in Netflix and very decent picture.

http://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B00C2LVZ4K/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Thanks.

See my last post. 340 in argos. Going to 39 inch makes the price go up by about 150 I think (amazon)

• Registered Users Posts: 3 ukgwilson

Jaytobe, 5500 seems to be the plasma version. I prefer led myself. See comparison table in the product description section on Amazon link above.

http://www.electrocity.ie/product/lg-42ln540v-42-full-hd-led-tv/

Just bought this some deal

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭TheChevron

I found this Walker 32" Smart TV, which has a Satellite tuner built in, and includes a wifi dongle for 319 euro.

It seems a pretty sweet deal.

http://www.powercity.ie/?par=10-12-8211407&pages=1&prod=8211407&brands=walker&image=#

Does anyone know anything about this brand and how "smart" they are.

Im well tempted by the price and the features, but dont know toio much about the TV. If anyone could shed some light that would be great.

TheChevron wrote: »
    I found this Walker 32" Smart TV, which has a Satellite tuner built in, and includes a wifi dongle for 319 euro.

It seems a pretty sweet deal.

http://www.powercity.ie/?par=10-12-8211407&pages=1&prod=8211407&brands=walker&image=#

Does anyone know anything about this brand and how "smart" they are.

Im well tempted by the price and the features, but dont know toio much about the TV. If anyone could shed some light that would be great.

Walker not great. You'd be better off paying the extra 50 odd euro for the 32 inch Samsung (with free dongle before Jan 22nd) off Amazon IMO.

Ya need a wifi dongle though!!!!! For the argos one, bringing it in over 400.

Whats the deal with shipping with amazon again??

Thanks

got samsung 32F5500 for €430 in soundstore.

Can't connect the wired LAN to network, even switched to manual IP set. weak wireless signal works.

Manual says Cat 7 to wall plate but surely Cat 5 works also??

• Advertisement

Guys what the best 32" deal out there at moment?

Keen to buy soon.

Advertisement