Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boards top 25 2013

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 618 ✭✭✭pandaboy

Put a lot of thought into this one:
    1. Ronaldo
    2. Robben
    3. Messi
    4. Ribery
    5. Schweinsteiger
    6. Busquets
    7. Thiago Silva
    8. Negredo
    9. Ibrahimovic
    10. Lewandowski
    11. Suarez
    12. Kompany

Got Robben at 2 because of last year's CL. Probably one of the finest performances from him, and well his work rate in the Bundeslige put him at one of the top attackers of last season. I wanted to have Muller in there but I think Negredo has had a much better year, plus I did not want to have a list full of attackers.
    As for Negredo, 31 goals in 42 appearances for 12/13 season and 14 in 25 for this season. Probably the most underrated player in the list above. He probably won't make the final 25, which I think he's definitely top 20.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭The Floyd p

pandaboy wrote: »
    Put a lot of thought into this one:
    1. Ronaldo
    2. Robben
    3. Messi
    4. Ribery
    5. Schweinsteiger
    6. Busquets
    7. Thiago Silva
    8. Negredo
    9. Ibrahimovic
    10. Lewandowski
    11. Suarez
    12. Kompany

Got Robben at 2 because of last year's CL. Probably one of the finest performances from him, and well his work rate in the Bundeslige put him at one of the top attackers of last season. I wanted to have Muller in there but I think Negredo has had a much better year, plus I did not want to have a list full of attackers.
    As for Negredo, 31 goals in 42 appearances for 12/13 season and 14 in 25 for this season. Probably the most underrated player in the list above. He probably won't make the final 25, which I think he's definitely top 20.

I think Negredo's excellent but ahead of Ibra and Suarez?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

I'm anything but a Suarez fan, but he's a brilliant brilliant footballer, and I'd agree that he should be in top few.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭EuropeanSon

I think placing Negredo higher just to give him a better chance of making the top 25 when you don't really believe he deserves to be as high as you placed him is a bit dishonest.

I can't see a justification for him ahead of Suarez at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭yohan the great

Ronaldo
    Messi
    Lahm
    Robben
    Lewandowski
    Zlatan
    Falcao
    Iniesta
    Thiago Silva
    Suarez
    Reus
    Bale

This is mainly going on champions league form as I don't watch many other leagues apart from English, Spanish and the occasional German or Italian games

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 618 ✭✭✭pandaboy

For the goals he scored that were complete game changers, I definitely have him ahead of Suarez. Don't get me wrong though, Suarez has had a phenomenal year and it's only going to get better.

Think I screwed up the Ibra ranking, especially giving this year's goal tally!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

cant believe i left lahm out of mine, easily top 10 player, going to fix it up now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Really rate Negredo but I'd definitely have Suarez ahead in 2013

Suarez has 38 in 2013 as far as I remember and Negredo has 36 but I think Suarez had it tougher playing in the PL the whole time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Really rate Negredo but I'd definitely have Suarez ahead in 2013

Suarez has 38 in 2013 as far as I remember and Negredo has 36 but I think Suarez had it tougher playing in the PL the whole time.

Suarez would've surely played considerably less games due to less European football and suspension too, makes his record all the more impressive. Negredo's very good but Suarez is a class above.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭mitosis

Pogba not on any list?

Cavani?

Pirlo?

Or am I mistaken? My own list when I've mulled over it, but van persie ahead of cavani? Ozil before pogba?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

mitosis wrote: »
    Pogba not on any list?

Cavani?

Pirlo?

Or am I mistaken? My own list when I've mulled over it, but van persie ahead of cavani? Ozil before pogba?
    Pirlo shouldn't be there, Vidal was miles better than him in 2013. Cavani has a decent shout yes, I don't think Pogba should be there yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,011 ✭✭✭DoctorEdgeWild

Here's my contribution:

1 - Cristiano Ronaldo
    2 - Phillip Lahm
    3 - Zlatan Ibrahimovic
    4 - Luis Suarez
    5 - Lionel Messi
    6 - Gareth Bale
    7 - Arjen Robben
    8 - Franck Ribery
    9 - Thiago Silva
    10 - Yaya Toure
    11 - Thomas Muller
    12 - Robert Lewandowski

Feels strange to not have a representative from the EPL champions of the time but Van Persie was the closest to challenging.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

1. Ronaldo
    2. Messi
    3. Suarez
    4. Bale
    5. Robben
    6. Ribery
    7. Aguero
    8. Ibra
    9. Lewandowski
    10. Schweinsteiger
    11. Iniesta
    12. Neymar

The amount that havnt included Neymar is staggering IMO

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

1. Ronaldo
    2. Messi
    3. Suarez
    4. Bale
    5. Robben
    6. Ribery
    7. Aguero
    8. Ibra
    9. Lewandowski
    10. Schweinsteiger
    11. Iniesta
    12. Neymar

Why should he be such an obvious pick?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

1. Ronaldo
    2. Messi
    3. Suarez
    4. Bale
    5. Robben
    6. Ribery
    7. Aguero
    8. Ibra
    9. Lewandowski
    10. Schweinsteiger
    11. Iniesta
    12. Neymar

I'd say for a lot of people they've no idea what he got up to for Santos.

Then he was excellent in a nothing competetion for Brazil.

And he's been quite good this season for Barca.

I've no doubt he'll be one of the top 5 players in the world in 2 or 3 years time but I don't think he's a shoe in to this list.

• Advertisement

I don't see any reason to include him ahead of the players I have, he's playing very well but nowhere near Suarez for example. Maybe in a few years. He was close admittedly, I'd put him on the same level as Bale and Bale just about made it into my team, who I'm thinking of jettisoning in favour of Cavani.

RVP ahead of Cavani IMO.

Played a similar amount of games and Cavani only scored a handful more despite RVP playing at a superior level on almost all fronts. And he really drove home United's title charge, not just with his goals but the work he put in.

Close but he's still ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭wadacrack

1. Ronaldo
    2. Messi
    3. Ribery
    4. Suarez
    5. Lahm
    6. Ibrahimovic
    7. Bale
    8.Iniesta
    9. Neymar
    10. Cavani
    11. Sweinsteiger
    12. Lewandowski

RVP ahead of Cavani IMO.

I said that thinking I had RVP in. Oh well, that's definitely Bale out so.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭wadacrack

I don't see any reason to include him ahead of the players I have, he's playing very well but nowhere near Suarez for example. Maybe in a few years. He was close admittedly, I'd put him on the same level as Bale and Bale just about made it into my team, who I'm thinking of jettisoning in favour of Cavani.
    Neymar has played very well at Barca. much better than Bale to be honest.Hasn't got the goals but general play has been brilliant. Also was brilliant for Brazil in the confederations cup which was a pretty competitive tournament this year. Diego costa should probably be in a few more lists finished last season pretty well scoring in Copa Del Rey final and this year obviously sensational. Just had Lewandowski ahead due to scoring 4 goals in a Sem Final of the CL. Probably performance of the year by an individual player

• Advertisement

Bale has hit the ground running at Madrid despite injury, a goal or assist every game. He's not been far off if not on par with Neymar this season.

His second half of last season was also phenomenal so I can see why people would have Bale ahead.

Before Neymar left for Barca he had a pretty average season at Santos, definitely his worst since he was a very young fella...sure he'd a decent Confed Cup and is playing well for Barca atm but he was nowhere near as consistent or impressive compared to the likes of Lewandowski for example.

People blew up Neymar after the Confed. Cup in the same way they blew up Ronaldo after the play-offs. On the Ballon D'Or thread on here I remember before the play-offs Messi was marginally ahead in the poll and since the play-offs Ronaldo had shot ahead incredibly. Just doesn't make feasible sense tbh.

Bale was definitely better than Neymar in 2013. His time at Spurs was better than Neymar's whole year tbh. He's also playing well fr Madrid even though Neymar has been more impressive. I've no doubt Neymar will be featured highly on lists in the near future and deservedly so but he's still incredibly over rated and is not in the same class in terms of consistency compared with Lewan, Cavani etc.

33 votes so far, probably better giving it tomorrow as well before totalling it up

Ronaldo may be number 1, just

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

1 Ronaldo
    2 Messi
    3 Ribery
    4 Suarez
    5 Ibrahimovic
    6 Lahm
    7 Neymar
    8 Bale
    9 Lewandowski
    10 Iniesta
    11 Vidal
    12 Robben

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,797 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Going to try and include one player for each position for mine.

1. Neuer
    2. Alaba
    3. Hummels
    4. Kompany
    5. Lahm
    6. Schweinsteiger
    7. Iniesta
    8. Rooney
    9. Ronaldo
    10. Messi
    11. Ibrahimovic
    12. Suarez

Honourable mentions go to Buffon (still unbelievable at his age), Zabaleta (ridiculously underrated), Totti (very telling Roma's form crumbled when he got injured), Rossi (back from injury and scoring for fun), Gotze (has transitioned so well to Bayern an really makes them tick), Diego Costa (scoring for fun as well) and probably a load of others.

Going to try and include one player for each position for mine.

Neuer will be your standout player of 2013 based on this? It's fine if that's the way you want it but I think you may be mistaking what we're doing.

Number 1 is your best player of 2013, number 2 second and so on, then there's a weighted vote for each number to make a top 25.

I find the mentions for RVP rather puzzling. If he was fit and playing to last seasons standard, then fair enough. However, for the first half of the season, it's been Wayne Rooney who has been dragging United through matches.

Neuer will be your standout player of 2013 based on this? It's fine if that's the way you want it but I think you may be mistaking what we're doing.

Number 1 is your best player of 2013, number 2 second and so on, then there's a weighted vote for each number to make a top 25.
    1. Ronaldo
    2. Messi
    3. Schweinsteiger
    4. Kompany
    5. Suarez
    6. Alaba
    7. Neuer
    8. Ibrahimovic
    9. Iniesta
    10. Lahm
    11. Hummels
    12. Rooney

Honourable mentions go to Buffon (still unbelievable at his age), Zabaleta (ridiculously underrated), Totti (very telling Roma's form crumbled when he got injured), Rossi (back from injury and scoring for fun), Gotze (has transitioned so well to Bayern an really makes them tick), Diego Costa (scoring for fun as well) and probably a load of others.
    Hazard another honourable mention - shame he is being hamstrung by the crappy Chelsea system.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Messi
    Suarez
    Ronaldo
    Schweinsteiger
    Robben
    Ribery
    Lahm
    Aguero
    Vidal
    Bale
    Lewandowski
    Ibrahimovic

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

1. Ronaldo
    2. Messi
    3. Ribery
    4. Ibrahimovic
    5. Suarez
    6. Schweinsteiger
    7. Bale
    8. Iniesta
    9. Robben
    10. Lahm
    11. Yaya Touré
    12. Reus

I have all of the entries up to now done and totted up, the list is looking decent.

It's pretty close in some parts and there's even a tie in the top 10 so I'll leave it open until 12 tonight to get as many votes in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

How has Falcao only been mentioned twice?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

1. Ronaldo
    2. Messi
    3. Ibra
    4. Ribbery
    5. Robben
    6. Schweinsteiger
    7. Falcao
    8. Rvp
    9. Lewandowski
    10. Bale
    11. Cavani
    12. Suarez

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭Vito Corleone

1- Messi
    2- Ronaldo
    3- Suarez
    4- Ribery
    5- Ibra
    6-Schweinsteiger
    7-Robben
    8-Neymar
    9- Lewandowski
    10- Falcao
    11- Bale
    12- Cavani

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭Muff_Daddy

1. Ronaldo
    2. Messi
    3. Robben
    4. Suarez
    5. Ibrahimovic
    6. Ribery
    7. Lahm
    8. Iniesta
    9. Aguero
    10. Schwinestiger
    11. Bale
    12. Neymar

1. Ronaldo
    2. Messi
    3. Suarez
    4. Ibrahimovic
    5. Bale
    6. Rooney
    7. Ribery
    8. Nani
    9. Neymar
    10. Aguero
    11. Lahm

You're missing a 12

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

[LIST=12]
    [*]Ronaldo
    [*]Ribery
    [*]Lahm
    [*]Schweinsteiger
    [*]Suarez
    [*]Ibrahimovic
    [*]Falcao
    [*]Muller
    [*]Bale
    [*]Messi
    [*]Neuer
    [*]Yaya Toure
    [/LIST]

Not easy to pick 12 tbh

Dempsey wrote: »
    [LIST=12]
    [*]Ronaldo
    [*]Ribery
    [*]Lahm
    [*]Schweinsteiger
    [*]Suarez
    [*]Ibrahimovic
    [*]Falcao
    [*]Muller
    [*]Bale
    [*]Messi
    [*]Neuer
    [*]Yaya Toure
    [/LIST]

Not easy to pick 12 tbh

I can understand Muller to a certain degree but Falcao ahead of Messi? C'mon now...

• Advertisement

[LIST=12]
    [*]Ronaldo
    [*]Ribery
    [*]Lahm
    [*]Schweinsteiger
    [*]Suarez
    [*]Ibrahimovic
    [*]Falcao
    [*]Muller
    [*]Bale
    [*]Messi
    [*]Neuer
    [*]Yaya Toure
    [/LIST]

Not easy to pick 12 tbh

Jesus man. Messi has scored over 80 goals since the beginning of last season. Most of those have been in this year (not sure exactly how many). Be serious.

Jesus man. Messi has scored over 80 goals since the beginning of last season. Most of those have been in this year (not sure exactly how many). Be serious.

Beginning of last season is irrelevant. He's missed alot of games this calender year through injury and he's had high profile games where he's been ineffective because he's been rushed back. Still alot better than most players despite that but I think where he is and what he's achieved in the calender year is fair enough

Beginning of last season is irrelevant. He's missed alot of games this calender year through injury and he's had high profile games where he's been ineffective because he's been rushed back. Still alot better than most players despite that but I think where he is and what he's achieved in the calender year is fair enough
    I looked it up. 45 goals in 46 games for club and country this calendar year. 39 in 39 for Barcelona in 2013. 6 in 7 for Argentina. He has achieved more than any on your list besides possibly Ronaldo, I'd say. Even still, he won La Liga, whereas Ronaldo won nothing.

People have short memories.

I looked it up. 45 goals in 46 games for club and country this calendar year. 39 in 39 for Barcelona in 2013. 6 in 7 for Argentina. He has achieved more than any on your list besides possibly Ronaldo, I'd say. Even still, he won La Liga, whereas Ronaldo won nothing.

No truer words have been spoken than this in a long while.

I'm well aware of the stats and more so I've watched games. Ronaldo has been influential to his teams performance in 20+ more games than Messi this calender year. This list is about individuals and their influence on team performances in the calender year.

I'm well aware of the stats and more so I've watched games. Ronaldo has been influential to his teams performance in 20+ more games than Messi this calender year. This list is about individuals and their influence on team performances in the calender year.

If the first bit is true, then the second isn't, and vice versa. Nobody has had more influence on how well their team performed this year than Messi. Barcelona were a different team without him.

I think you've got absolutely no idea what you're on about. I'm done with this discussion now.

• Advertisement

If the first bit is true, then the second isn't, and vice versa. Nobody has had more influence on how well their team performed this year than Messi. Barcelona were a different team without him.

I think you've got absolutely no idea what you're on about. I'm done with this discussion now.

He does made a big difference to how Barcelona play but I'm not giving him brownie points for games he's missed and Barcelona struggled to perform.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

He does made a big difference to how Barcelona play but I'm not giving him brownie points for games he's missed and Barcelona struggled to perform.

Nobody said you should, people are asking you to do the opposite, ie. give him the credit he deserves for all the games he played and done really well in.

Yeah Falcao ahead of Messi is a bit mad, if they were switched it wouldn't be

This list is about individuals and their influence on team performances in the calender year.
    Ronaldo is fair enough, but the others on your list are a joke if this is the criteria. Nobody there has come close to Messi.

I have them all so far, I'll leave it until 12 and see if there's any more votes

• Advertisement
Advertisement