Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PW Draft 2014 - Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

Dragon vs Macho Man, now that would be excellent!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,481 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Hey can one of the guys runnning this pm me I have a question about my next possible pick its a team

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Hey can one of the guys runnning this pm me I have a question about my next possible pick its a team

if teamshadowclan is on pm him, ive run it before and after you so cant steal your pick if you wanna check with me

Pm'ed you Bounty Hunter and also pm'ed Shadow clan :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Given the go ahead for that pick. Going to make many people sad, me included :(

• Advertisement

Delighted to get the rest of the Shield Ambrose can always be replaced :D ,, Cena was my 1st pick and he went so i had to improvise did fairly well though my idea is still on track

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

Fair play great picks there. You must be delighted

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Ambrose has out grown the shield... thats how I'm spinning it anyway haha

ill post my pick in a few (maybe 30) minutes, stuck on a skype call atm hense my not pming you back Brian... it woulda went someting like "You bastard!" if I had though so perhaps not a bad thing... :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

At least 2 other picks i'd have made ahead of the Shield personally.

Still a great pick that being said.

• Advertisement

Damn you BH, Tanahashi was one guy Id love to have. He was my next pick! Well played

had a big storyline in mind where I woulda strapped a rocket to reigns but 2nd choice (3rd after Savage tbh) made

1. Bret Hart
    2. Hiroshi Tanahashi
    3. Shinsuke Nakamura

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

Damnit, was hoping they would survive until the next round in favour of some more well known names! Great pick BH

Damnit, was hoping they would survive until the next round in favour of some more well known names! Great pick BH

Me too, kinda surprised they went now, but I guess it was my own naivety

Wasnt sure if anyone else would know Nakamura was eligable but couldnt risk the wait as my other plan had disappeared sharpish

Sting and Raven now there is an interesting mix!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Sting and Raven now there is an interesting mix!

thanks man been the plan ever since the first stip

Great pics with Nakamura and Tanahashi , Tanahashi was my 3rd pick ya feicer, Thought he'd survive till the next round because I go early enough, Also great pick with Sting considered him alright , But didn't fit in my intial plan so would have been a luxury pick for me

Great pics with Nakamura and Tanahashi , Tanahashi was my 3rd pick ya feicer, Thought he'd survive till the next round because I go early enough, Also great pick with Sting considered him alright , But didn't fit in my intial plan so would have been a luxury pick for me

thanks man was meaning to compliment you on yours, expecting big things with that roster mate!

Well my Big name hasn't come in yet , and he isn't really a big name the main reason i've left him out so far and he's what my storyline is hinging on , praying to god the next 7 don't pick him but I'm pretty confident :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,302 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Delighted to get the rest of the Shield Ambrose can always be replaced :D ,, Cena was my 1st pick and he went so i had to improvise did fairly well though my idea is still on track

I expected Reigns to go this round, was hoping Rollins might have lasted for another round or two, had him in mind too for a later round, anyways good pick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Raf32 wrote: »
    thanks man been the plan ever since the first stip

I seriously considered Sting but my plan was to have a top guy from the past feud with Danielson and you can't have Sting as a heel.

Moneymaker wrote: »
    I seriously considered Sting but my plan was to have a top guy from the past feud with Danielson and you can't have Sting as a heel.

same i really wanted a strong face with a dark side, would have loved taker but think i would have turned him heel, not fully done on that angle yet.

is there a certain number of superstars we have to acquire? thinking ill need around 16-18

15 picks, means at least 15-20 characters to choose from.

Raf32 wrote: »
    is there a certain number of superstars we have to acquire? thinking ill need around 16-18

you can only draft a maximum of 5 tag teams (never a fan of that rule but tis the way) so with 15 rounds you can only really get a maximum of 20 on your roster and a minimum of 15 if for some reason you decided to draft no tag teams.

keep in mind some my be managers and maybe celebs too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

Is there any protocol for including commentators in write-ups since they aren't traditionally included in the draft?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

Think the protocol is JR is never picked but say Heenan, King, Gorilla Monsoon etc they could only be used if you draft them..

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

If someone drafts them, don't use them. Typically, the main ones do get drafted in later rounds.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement