Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PW Draft 2014 - Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

cant wait for this next round to start, hoping on 3 here but doubt they drop to 20 but never know. Speed seems to have picked up too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

Personally i think the reversal for round one and two has worked brilliantly. Everyone seems to have pretty much what they want for their first 2 choices..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

True, Ambrose was who I wanted. Solomon Crowe was a great bonus and made getting him possible. Wanted Cena but Goldberg can fit his role and still have 4 guys id like and all very likely can be got in 4 rounds as they aren't big names. Would have liked Tanahashi but what can you do?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

Damn 19 I really want to set up a feud that's in my head and I don't know think my next pick will last

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Great work getting through the round. I didn't expect to get to pick when I came on. I'll have my pick up shortly.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

Punk and Hogan... MNG's gonna be the man to beat again lads...

Oh and now i can say BH Misawa vs Hogan was originally my first choice, but for the fact you did it in 2010..

Hogan wouldn't have suited my plans at all and to be honest I don't think he would of suited many others either. But Him and Punk potentially Head to head is money. Well played MNG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I had an interesting idea for a feud with Punk involving someone not picked yet. Maybe I'll reveal it later. But Hogan and Punk was too fun to pass up.

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭lebowskilite

Such a shame Hogan won all those world titles or you could've picked Brooke along with him :P

Punk/Hogan though, that could be all kinds of awesome...

Ok lads Ive done a lot of research during work this morning and rough ideas about what id like to do in my promotion.

Ive got 2 interesting tag teams lined up if i can get them (and approval from the powers that be).

Really looking forward to getting a few talented guys for the price of 1.

Though i do realise these picks in my head may not materialise due to other people potentailly picking them, im having fun thinking up picks and what to do with them if accuired.

Basically what Im trying to say is ,Im having fun and thanks for letting me be a part of it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Ok lads Ive done a lot of research during work this morning and rough ideas about what id like to do in my promotion.

Ive got 2 interesting tag teams lined up if i can get them (and approval from the powers that be).

Really looking forward to getting a few talented guys for the price of 1.

Though i do realise these picks in my head may not materialise due to other people potentailly picking them, im having fun thinking up picks and what to do with them if accuired.

Basically what Im trying to say is ,Im having fun and thanks for letting me be a part of it.

I learned a hell of a lot in my first few drafts. never knew he tagged with him, or that guy wrestled in that promotion etc it's great fun in that sense too. Hell I say my first few but I just drafted Nakamura and didnt know he was eligable until i looked into it

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I swear to God, if my pick goes now, right before it's my turn...

I learned a hell of a lot in my first few drafts. never knew he tagged with him, or that guy wrestled in that promotion etc it's great fun in that sense too. Hell I say my first few but I just drafted Nakamura and didnt know he was eligable until i looked into it

Just out of curiousity , how was he eligible? I assumed be cause Tanahashi wrestled in tna that he was eligible and therefore he could bring any tag partner with him?

He had a TNA match himself, think hes even listed as a TNA alumni on wiki (though it wasn't wiki i found the match on as thats not the most reliable/detailed for individual matches)

TNAW TV-Taping @ Orlando
    2008/01/22 @ Universal Studios in Orlando, Florida (United States of America)
    Shinsuke Nakamura defeated Elix Skipper

Never knew he was in TNA, the more you know :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,302 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I thought Rhodes Bros would go soon enough

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Yup, happy to get them :)

Can do a lot of stuff with them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,302 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Moneymaker wrote: »
    Yup, happy to get them :)

Can do a lot of stuff with them.

Good pick Moneymaker

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I thought Rhodes Bros would go soon enough

a little earlier than I expected but Goldust gives you so many options to write for and Cody is a great extra if they arent going to be used together similar in some ways to the Rollins and Reigns pick.

drafted so far:

CM Punk, Raven, Bret Hart, Samoa joe, Daniel Bryan, Soloman Crowe & Dean Ambrose, Eddie Guerrero, Ric Flair, Mick Foley, Jeff Hardy, Austin Aries, Mitsuharu Misawa & Kenta Kobashi, Christian, Christopher Daniels and Evan Bourne, Aj Styles, Nigel McGuinness, Chris Hero & Antonio Cesaro, Davey Richards & Eddie Edwards, Keji Mutoh, Sami Zayn, Kevin Steen, Stone Cold Steve Austin, The Undertaker, Kurt Angle, Dolph Ziggler, Chris Benoit, HBK, Edge, Randy Orton, Brock Lesnar, The Rock, Bubba Ray Dudley, Chris Jericho, John Cena, HHH, Goldberg, Randy Savage, Seth Rollins & Roman Reigns, Hiroshi Tanahashi & Shinsuke Nakamura, Sting, Hulk Hogan,Batista, Goldust & Cody Rhodes

MNG: CM Punk, Hulk Hogan
    Raf32: Raven, Sting
    Bounty Hunter: Bret Hart,Hiroshi Tanahashi & Shinsuke Nakamura
    BrianRegan09: Samoa joe, Seth Rollins & Roman Reigns,
    MoneyMaker: Daniel Bryan, Randy Savage, Goldust & Cody Rhodes
    BeakerJoe: Soloman Crowe & Dean Ambrose, Goldberg
    Teamshadowclan: Eddie Guerrero, HHH
    Shagnasti: Ric Flair, John Cena
    Jester252: Mick Foley, Chris Jericho
    Connemara man: Jeff Hardy. Bubba Ray Dudley.
    Campo: Austin Aries, The Rock
    Waltersobchek: Mitsuharu Misawa & Kenta Kobashi, Brock Lesnar
    Prop Joe: Christian, Randy Orton, Batista
    Lebowskilite: Christopher Daniels and Evan Bourne, Edge
    Furious Red: Aj Styles, HBK
    thebostoncrab: Nigel McGuinness, Chris Benoit
    Hashtag_Heel: Chris Hero, Antonio Cesaro, Dolph Ziggler
    JP Liz: Davey Richards & Eddie Edwards, Kurt Angle
    A Brad Maddox guy: Keji Mutoh, The Undertaker
    mrkiscool2: Sami Zayn, Kevin Steen, Stone Cold Steve Austin

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭Prop Joe

Happy enough with my picks so far.one guy I had hoped for went early but looking forward to writing up already

• Advertisement

Prop Joe wrote: »
    Happy enough with my picks so far.one guy I had hoped for went early but looking forward to writing up already

Agreed just need one more pick and writing out a storyline for a few already.

Just wondering, has anyone got exactly who they wanted after 2 picks???

With mrk, TSC, Brian and Lebowskilite all online now, 4 picks could go by in 30 mintues

After I got Eddie, there were two names I wanted. got one. Second still there.

nope 1/2 so not too bad

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

Not really, Undertaker was more a response to picking Muta. Though in saying that I can't complain at all about who I have. I've a few people I want but I don't know whether to risk them not being picked in order to get a bigger name this round.

Moneymaker, did you PM the get guy?

Moneymaker, did you PM the get guy?

I sent him a pm just in case earlier when he was online

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

Well for the 2nd Year in a row CM Punk has gotten out of reach. I'm happy though to continue the KOW died from last year though.

• Advertisement

Greedy old me thought with a lucky Draw I could get Cena Ambrose and Angle in first 3 rounds. First stip hampered it but 1 outta 3 with my third pick to come is still good.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement