Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PW Draft 2014 - Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

would love to see a few picks made soon, hate seeing it stall

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Now maybe this is an awful idea that no one would be up for, but how about everyone involved give their mobile numbers to TSC and BH , that way the we can be contacted easily when its our pick and less stalls in the game???

Good idea or Vince Russo idea?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Now maybe this is an awful idea that no one would be up for, but how about everyone involved give their mobile numbers to TSC and BH , that way the we can be contacted easily when its our pick and less stalls in the game???

great idea, +1 here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

If you think this is a delay wait until the later rounds

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

CRAP! I really wanted Devitt for the Euro title feud. He was the person I was hinting at earlier.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

Sorry lads am in London so was a bit slow posting! So happy I got them! I really wanted Fergal and was a bit surprised he was still left!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

So, just before I go....is Devitt eligible? I have a feeling this has come up before and he's passed, but I can't remember if he's appeared in eligible promotions. He did go in Round 1 last year so guessing he's ok.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,302 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Oh the restless anticipation of a draft newbie :p

So, just before I go....is Devitt eligible? I have a feeling this has come up before and he's passed, but I can't remember if he's appeared in eligible promotions. He did go in Round 1 last year so guessing he's ok.

He wrestled a one off show with TNA that was televised

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

Ya good idea now until they started drunken texting you at 3.30 in the morning

• Advertisement

Grand, just wanted that confirmed.

Ok, next pick coming up. Former WWE champ, former ECW champion, a Royal Rumble winner and probably one of the great mic men ever. :P

When I got Eddie, thinking of the story I wanted to tell, I wanted HHH and Vince. So thrilled to get both :)

After I got Benoit, I made a list of ten guys Id like this round...all ten are still there with 4 picks left ahead of me, so I'm happy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

I seriously considered Devitt.

Went for Rhodesdust as it'll give me more flexibility and options down the line.

Great pick though.

Are you sure? now I wasn't going to pick him myself but I cant find a record of it on the fight database

http://www.profightdb.com/wrestlers/prince-devitt-3023.html?res=2000

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

From what I recall, due to NWA affiliates being allowed, Devitt traditionally qualified due to an association with NWA Ireland.

From what I recall, due to NWA affiliates being allowed, Devitt traditionally qualified due to an association with NWA Ireland.

Ah that would make sense

According to the fight data base that was NJPW Wrestle Kingdom 2 and that TNA stars appeared on the show and not vice versa

According to the fight data base that was NJPW Wrestle Kingdom 2 and that TNA stars appeared on the show and not vice versa

It aired under the TNA brand on Spike TV, it has been used almost every year in the draft now

• Advertisement

Im a newbie TBC forgive me.

He was in NWA Ireland so that makes him ok anyway.

Hes a great pick, one of the best in the business at the moment

Im a newbie TBC forgive me.

He was in NWA Ireland so that makes him ok anyway.

Hes a great pick, one of the best in the business at the moment

No hassle, it pops up every year so it wouldn't be a draft without mentioning it :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,481 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Hey guys just made my pick and pm'ed the next guy sorry about the delay had an audtion for a play :D and then went to see amercian Hustle afterwards :D

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭lebowskilite

Made my pick, on the phone. Fairly certain no one else has picked them but simply because I can't check one more time without it taking half an hour I've suddenly been hit with paranoia. Lemme know sharpish if I've made a mistake there.

I'm v. happy with the picks though. Two names that could light up a card or story, and I'm hoping they do...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,968 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Pretty sure that's much like the Davitt case. The Perfect/Hall duo have been drafted before and there was no problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭lebowskilite

Thought so. I was very tempted to bag a smaller name who I really want to write for but I think sense caught up with me and I'll take the risk to bag two top guys.

Drat, Hall and Perfect were my second choice, lasted very long! Great great pick sir!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

Plenty of massive picks still left.. Been bit of a weird one this year so far, guess people are going for picks they want over bigger star picks it seems

And with that my number 1 and number 3 are still in this, delighted :D

I agree Walter, it's making for a very unpredictable year, will be very interesting to see how it all plays out!

• Advertisement

PS The Road Warriors are clearly second best...after Head Cheese :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement