Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PW Draft 2014 - Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I agree there's still a great number of top notch quality available. Makes it quite tricky actually. You feel like a kid in a sweet shop.

There were about ten picks I would have been delighted with this round but very happy to get LOD.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

I'll try and have my pick up asap. Struggling to decide whether to pick someone I'm half relying on for an angle who may slip through the cracks or go for a bigger name.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

I'll be staying awake to keep the game moving along then :)

Well ****, my number one was a tag team with Davey in it, and Owen was my number three :P

Gonna do some research, will have my pick up shortly

I'm 90% certain my pick falls within the tag team criteria. I would have double checked but with it being so late I figured I'd just stick it up so as to not hold things up. Will change if I'm wrong

• Advertisement

I'm 90% certain my pick falls within the tag team criteria. I would have double checked but with it being so late I figured I'd just stick it up so as to not hold things up. Will change if I'm wrong

It holds up perfectly, they held the tag titles and were a team long enough to warrant their own wiki article. :)

Putting my pick up now

Pick made and PM sent.

Wanted to take him with Davey for a story line, but Davey would have been a bonus, Dynamite was who I wanted more so and I'm delighted to have him. The combo of him-Benoit-McGuinness makes for classic matches no matter how it's booked

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

Wow TBC... If somehow you could trade to get Daniel Bryan :pac:

Wow TBC... If somehow you could trade to get Daniel Bryan :pac:

We'd have to change the name from Fusion Pro Wrestling to Tough Bastards :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Some interesting picks, didnt expect to see some of the pics out so early.

I didnt think there would be so many big names left to choose from. Have settled my next pick once Hashtag doesnt steal him

Might also have a partner for my next pick too

Some really diverse rosters. A Brad Maddox Guys roster is one im liking alot.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

This is a seriously nervous wait! I can basically go 2 ways with this round depending on which of my choices is picked or not.. Have a feeling BH's is gonna pick my top choice!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

This is a seriously nervous wait! I can basically go 2 ways with this round depending on which of my choices is picked or not.. Have a feeling BH's is gonna pick my top choice!

hmm very interesting as tbh I don't have a fkn clue who im gonna pick (though perhaps going by our past rosters I could guess your guess ha)... so less organized compared to previous years it would seem, either that or others are on the ball this time

6 goes ago my list was Mr. Perfect & Scott Hall, The British Bulldogs, Owen Hart & The British Bulldog, Fergal Devitt (probably +1), Tazz +1,

all those 5 planned picks are gone in one form or another and 2 more to go before me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Whats the stip for the 4th round actually? since we are halfway through this round, we should finish it up by tomorrow day time anyways.

Raf32 wrote: »
    Whats the stip for the 4th round actually? since we are halfway through this round, we should finish it up by tomorrow day time anyways.

I'd like to know too but although I hope your right be prepared for disappointment with regards when we finish rounds, there is a reason why folks say this game can take 2/3 months

I'd like to know too but although I hope your right be prepared for disappointment with regards when we finish rounds, there is a reason why folks say this game can take 2/3 months

ya beginning to get that feeling suppose everyone is busy at different times, just anxious to get my picks since its my first time :pac:

Hashtag is definatly going to steal my pic, I know it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Hashtag is definatly going to steal my pic, I know it

I tend not to go for the overly obvious lads (and lasses) I've my eye on one or two more people before I go onto just making picks for the lower card.

I tend not to go for the overly obvious lads (and lasses) I've my eye on one or two more people before I go onto just making picks for the lower card.

Great pick, you can do a lot with him.

Raf32 wrote: »
    Great pick, you can do a lot with him.

I have an idea of who I want him to feud with. I've also got a great idea for my lower card with two great gimmick characters!

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭lebowskilite

I have an idea of who I want him to feud with. I've also got a great idea for my lower card with two great gimmick characters!

As do I... I do hope it isn't the same two!

• Advertisement

Damn was hoping Okada would slip through with all the big names still available. It was always hopeful thinking and a risk on my part; gotta come up with someone to replace him for a feud now.

Was considering Okada so as to completely take NJPW top tier but I'm happy enough with Ted & Dr Death, don't think that was who you were afraid i'd take either walt... now I just have to think up a plan for all these fellahs

I'd love to book NJPW talent but Id have no idea how to write a promo for them!

I'd love to book NJPW talent but Id have no idea how to write a promo for them!

I'm just going to put in loads of Japanese symbols and hope nobody translates them :P

Agreed Walter, I thought Steamboat would have been gone in round 1 also!

Steamboat is gone! i've picked him before but its not who I thought Walt was afraid I would take although I did consider him, quality wrestler and a great pick who fits in well with Misawa, Kobashi and Lesnar.

but yeah considering the stip in rd1 I thought hed be gone by now

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭lebowskilite

So much talent remains. Round 4 stip could be very important...

So far its been a fun 3 rounds. Some great pics still unpicked as of writing.

Wade Barrett is a pick that IMO was going to be further down the line. Same with Dibiase. It fills me with fear that good ideas have formulated in the minds of HH and BH. Oh no

Mulled over Steamboat last round. Hes a Top pick who should of went earlier.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

So much talent remains. Round 4 stip could be very important...

Pick up could someone pm who is after me , I'm out and about

• Advertisement

done

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement