Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PW Draft 2014 - Discussion Thread

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Bout time Dragon was picked

I was sure he was a cert to get a Round 1 pick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Del Rio is a good guy to write for and now hes gone too. Round is moving along nicely

I take it the stip for round 4 will be announce after the last pick in this round?

Round Order and stip can change a mans plans in an instant!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Del Rio is a good guy to write for and now hes gone too. Round is moving along nicely

I take it the stip for round 4 will be announce after the last pick in this round?

Round Order and stip can change a mans plans in an instant!

I would guess we will have the draw / stip before then but obviously not until TSC is online as I think he is the only 1 in the know atm. Yeah Del Rio is good to right for as we found out last year with him in Mr Nice Guys Main event vs Flair

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

I would guess we will have the draw / stip before then but obviously not until TSC is online as I think he is the only 1 in the know atm. Yeah Del Rio is good to right for as we found out last year with him in Mr Nice Guys Main event vs Flair

It 'twas a toss open between him and one other but I think promo wise ADR could be good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

I'm pretty shocked getting steamboat to be honest... Especially at round 3.. Excited to hopefully get someone to match him! Loving this years draft lads..

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

For the record, I'll always try and get the details of the next round up around pick 15. Means you'll have some time to mull over your choices and fate, but not too long ;)

Anyway, Round 4 is a classic and coming quite early this year, but for a reason.

About to have my dinner and when I finish, I'll post up the details :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,302 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Mr. Perfect was the top guy I wanted for Kurt Angle, damn you lebowskilite

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Details of Round 4.... >>Right Here<<

Two reasons I've decided to run this round nice and early this year.
    1. There's still quite a few big names left non-pre-70s wise, so people will have to decide do they let a big name go to get their pre-70s pick in, or sacrifice a big name from the past to get a big name from the present.
    2. With the idea of doing Rounds 13,14 and 15 all at once, it cuts down the actual time we'll have to get a few stip rounds in, and one idea suggested and that will be used needs to go Round 12 as a result.

So yeah. The idea is to open up some more big names early on to add some power to the rosters but also still have decisions to make. :)

Could be a tough call for a few people to make in the next round.

Talking about stip rounds I think the celebrity one should be removed and and a different one added , I don't think the celeb one ever added much

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

I love the celeb round! It's always handy for a manager!

campo wrote: »
    Talking about stip rounds I think the celebrity one should be removed and and a different one added , I don't think the celeb one ever added much

I think it would depend on what was added personally as I did always enjoy the variety on rosters that the celeb round could result in and sure you could always opt out of it if you wanted and make a non celeb pick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I like the pre-1970s guys being available earlier. It will pose an interesting dilemma on whether to go recent or vintage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,968 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Will have mine up in the or twenty. Need a think whether I pick the last of the six or seven main event guys left or people linked to Flair/Cena.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,968 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

I'd agree that the celeb round is a bit of a dud. I know a really big stip caused much controversy last year but I'd love another whopper that really throws the cat amongst the pigeons.

I like the pre-1970s guys being available earlier. It will pose an interesting dilemma on whether to go recent or vintage.

to be honest I think ive liked all the stip rounds before even the controversal ones we had in the past, the only thing like this I never liked was the tag team limit rule as I felt it limited creative picks. Always thought if you can find great 2 for 1 picks you should be applauded and the bigger your roster can be (restricted by having only 15 picks anyway, plus the World champion rules), the more options you have in terms of writing angles etc imo

Draft time always knocks my post count up a pile cos ill do numerous random posts like this ^^ everyday in this thread :D

And there goes warrior , it was between him and ADR for me

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭lebowskilite

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Mr. Perfect was the top guy I wanted for Kurt Angle, damn you lebowskilite

You got revenge and then some by taking Mr. Sandow!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

Wow.. Cena Flair and Warrior! That's some serious drawing power!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

to be honest I think ive liked all the stip rounds before even the controversal ones we had in the past, the only thing like this I never liked was the tag team limit rule as I felt it limited creative picks. Always thought if you can find great 2 for 1 picks you should be applauded and the bigger your roster can be (restricted by having only 15 picks anyway, plus the World champion rules), the more options you have in terms of writing angles etc imo

I actually really liked the tag team limit rule as it put a stop to needless picks which was a real annoyance of mine. It was like Eric Bischoff's WCW policy before with guys being taken when there was no real intention of using them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,481 ✭✭✭brianregan09

I think Managers should come packaged with Wrestlers too like tag teams kind of similar situation

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

great pick with kane there, he was the first on my list at the start of this round and never expected to get this close to him so kind of raging :mad: :pac:

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Pick made and PM sent

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

Glad I was awake to pick. Nice pick Raf bring on Rd 4. even though I think I'll need to put len to paper soon to start planning out the later rounds

Glad I was awake to pick. Nice pick Raf bring on Rd 3 even though I think I'll need to start planning out the later rounds

agreed,hopefully get the next pick in my tomorrow night but big planning ahead!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Was hoping RVD would be still available for my next pick:mad::mad:

Was hoping RVD would be still available for my next pick:mad::mad:

some payback for taking kane so :pac:

Interesting pick from Liz, Very early for him to be picked so im guessing she has a plan for The Brain in mind! Heenan and Sandow could be an interesting combo!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,302 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Interesting pick from Liz, Very early for him to be picked so im guessing she has a plan for The Brain in mind! Heenan and Sandow could be an interesting combo!

He was really the only pick I wanted for the Pre 70s round, brilliant manager and commentator

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

Thank fcuk I got Sammartino! He really hates people who have less than strict morals which is why he is going to be perfect for SCSA and Devitt! So many great feuds already forming in my head and so far it has pretty much gone exactly as I wanted it to!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement