Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PW Draft 2014 - Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

Austin vs. Sammartino could easily be one the biggest matches this year if you do it, an excellent main event from all sides

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭lebowskilite

mrkiscool2 wrote: »
    Thank fcuk I got Sammartino! He really hates people who have less than strict morals which is why he is going to be perfect for SCSA and Devitt! So many great feuds already forming in my head and so far it has pretty much gone exactly as I wanted it to!

Your roster is looking mighty fine I have to say. Yours and A Brad Maddox Guy's are the ones I'm currently impressed by the most, I think.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Another tough choice for me , had a few picks i wanted to go for

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

Pick made and Pm sent.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

I actually really liked the tag team limit rule as it put a stop to needless picks which was a real annoyance of mine. It was like Eric Bischoff's WCW policy before with guys being taken when there was no real intention of using them.

Seems im the opposite of you here twice, (though obviously you roll with the punches and play what you got etc) as I wouldnt take someone if I didn''t intend to use them to further my PPV/Roster, always good for storyline purposes for someone to have a Manager,lacky, Valet or entourage for example and this imo gives you a lot more scope storyline wise.

the 70s round being so early is making me re-evaluate the plan I had where one of the only storylines I have in mind is for a pre-70s pick whom I'm fairly sure nobody else will pick however now to get this guy I will have to pass up the chance one of the remaining big names as I've no idea if there will be another chance at a pre 70s guy. Def get the logic of having it early though as most wouldnt fall into my specific situation thats for sure.

Seing Bruno & Piper go to already strong rosters so far def has me very interested in what there card will look like. I was surprised he was no.1 in this round too but, the Brain is awesome in so many ways.

pretty good pace so far in this years draft (and it's jinxed...) and hopefully the idea of the last few picks being done simultaneously will mean it might not take 2/3 months this year if we can keep the pace up as obviously thats when it usually drags a bit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Piper was a great pick. Knew I woukdnt get him but I really wanted him. Oh well. Hello drawing board ...hello joey

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,968 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

I have a handful of guys listed that I want to get but I think I'm going to cull them.

All heel and no face does not a successful promotion make.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,481 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Well continued the ECW type trend with adding Rhyno to Tazz, not to say im gonna continue down this path but i've definitly tried to stay away from massive names :)

This time last year we were just finishing round 2 (!)

I really want my preference in this round, only 2 left to pick...

Sorry for the delay lads and lady, my top 3 picks for this round are still available so I'm having a hard time deciding who I want, think I have it now

• Advertisement

How these two lasted into round 4 I'll never know!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

so many of my picks are left, kind of hoping some are taken next so i dont have a few massive decisions to make

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

If Moneymaker takes my pick I riot

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,968 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Pleased to see TBC selecting The Brainbusters. I was hummin' and hawing about Tully and Arn(two stellar talents), felt sort of pressured to pick them as allies to Flair. It's very pleasing that I haven't to sit on the fence about that decision now.

I think its safe to say that MNG's feat of last year in getting the Four Horsemen isn't going to be repeated for many a draft to come.

Happy enough to have Billy Graham return to the ICW for one more year. Last year was the beginning of a story for him, I feel, and this year might be the end of it - or just a pec busting continuation of it...

I think its safe to say that MNG's feat of last year in getting the Four Horsemen isn't going to be repeated for many a draft to come.

Happy enough to have Billy Graham return to the ICW for one more year. Last year was the beginning of a story for him, I feel, and this year might be the end of it - or just a pec busting continuation of it...

I wonder will he be holding the CWA Legends Title

This round is a good one but its making choices difficult. Really want one guy but the possibility of missing out on a Pre 70's guy is a tough one.

Billy Graham was my next choice after Piper. Damn you to hell Lebowskilite. Ive a decision to make between and Pre 70's guy and another top pick. Both might go before my next pick though

Some nice picks in this round. Surprised The Brainbusters lasted so long. Would of had them gone before Taz, Rikishi and Kane. Great signings.

campo wrote: »

He might be holding the *blurred out initials* Legends Title... :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

I have gone down a very different path with where i intended to go with my draft... ah well its fun for me :)

He might be holding the *blurred out initials* Legends Title... :P

You could do a Vince and bury him for being with a rival promotion

• Advertisement

I have gone down a very different path with where i intended to go with my draft... ah well its fun for me :)

Dont get me wrong CM, Hes a great pick. Lots can be done with him, just didnt think we'd see him so early. I had an idea if I got himself, just other people id want before him. Oh well.

Actually, the man himself just posted this to instagram.

vygv.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Dont get me wrong CM, Hes a great pick. Lots can be done with him, just didnt think we'd see him so early. I had an idea if I got himself, just other people id want before him. Oh well.

I didn't take it like that :) I don't have the greatest overall knowledge so I'm using what I know to the best I can and well some of the older stuff wouldn't be my strong suit :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,302 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Mr.Nice Guy: CM Punk, Hulk Hogan, The Road Warriors aka Hawk and Animal, Nick Bockwinkel & Ray Stevens

Raf32: Raven, Sting, RVD, JBL

Bounty Hunter: Bret Hart, Hiroshi Tanahashi & Shinsuke Nakamura, Ted Dibiase Snr & Steve Williams, Terry Funk

brianregan09: Samoa Joe, Seth Rollins & Roman Reigns, Tazz, Rhyno

Moneymaker: Daniel Bryan, Randy Savage, Goldust & Cody Rhodes, Brian Pillman

beakerjoe: Soloman Crowe & Dean Ambrose, Goldberg, Okado

Teamshadowclan: Eddie Guerrero, HHH, Vince McMahon

ShagNasti: Ric Flair, John Cena, Ultimate Warrior

Jester252: Mick Foley, Chris Jericho, Diamond Dallas Page

connemara man: Jeff Hardy. Bubba Ray Dudley, Mark Henry, Rikishi

Campo: Austin Aries, The Rock, Alberto Del Rio, Andre the Giant

waltersobchak: Mitsuharu Misawa & Kenta Kobashi, Brock Lesnar, Ricky Steamboat, Rowdy Roddy Piper

Prop Joe: Christian, Randy Orton, Batista

lebowskilite: Christopher Daniels & Evan Bourne, Edge, Mr Perfect & Scott Hall, Billy Graham

Furious-Red: AJ Styles, HBK, Kane, Mr. Anderson

thebostoncrab: Nigel McGuinness, Chris Benoit, The Dynamite Kid, Arn Anderson & Tully Blanchard

Hashtag_HEEL: Chris Hero & Antonio Cesaro, Dolph Ziggler, Wade Barrett

JP Liz V1: The American Wolves aka Davey Richards & Eddie Edwards, Kurt Angle, Damien Sandow, Bobby "The Brain" Heenan

A Brad Maddox Guy: Keji Mutoh, The Undertaker, Owen Hart & The British Bulldog, Dusty Rhodes

mrkiscool2: Sami Zayn, Kevin Steen, Stone Cold Steve Austin, Fergal Devitt & Minoru, Bruno Sammartino

Ah Moneymaker ya git, this is getting ridiculous. Had Flyin Brian down as my next pick since Piper and Graham went. Though had a feeling he would be gone by my pick. Want Piper to either Feud or mentor Dean Ambrose and Pillman was the replacement. Oh well

Pick up he was my no1 choice going into this round , on my fun so could someone pm next in line

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Pick up he was my no1 choice going into this round , on my fun so could someone pm next in line

no need mate made the pick, very good pick yourself

3 picks in under 15 mins... sucking diesel now

I'm really really really really loving moneymakers roster so far!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,302 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Is this the first year Dynamite Kid was a pick on his own?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement