Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PW Draft 2014 - Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Ah Moneymaker ya git, this is getting ridiculous. Had Flyin Brian down as my next pick since Piper and Graham went. Though had a feeling he would be gone by my pick. Want Piper to either Feud or mentor Dean Ambrose and Pillman was the replacement. Oh well

Now you know the pain I experience every time Bounty Hunter picked someone I wanted in a football draft :pac:

Delighted to get him though, he was destined for huge things imo, perfect man for the times.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

This round is a good one but its making choices difficult. Really want one guy but the possibility of missing out on a Pre 70's guy is a tough one.

It's hard to know before there were other rounds when Pre 70s guys were available although obviously the big names are gone from this round which is the first time they are available. I'm in favour of them being available in multiple rounds anyway like last time when I think there was a all eligability rules out the window round at the end (prob not this year with the 3 at one time round 13/14 & 15 being proposed) or why not make the celeb round also allow pre 70s debuts. Afterall I consider the draft a good way to learn about wrestlers (inc obviously older ones where you might have more to learn) and you are potentially running a risk in someways by picking more old stars anyway as less people may know of them and their work so you might lose out vote wise if you go back too far.
    JP Liz V1 wrote: »

Moneymaker: Daniel Bryan, Randy Savage, Goldust & Cody Rhodes, Brian Pillman

waltersobchak: Mitsuharu Misawa & Kenta Kobashi, Brock Lesnar, Ricky Steamboat, Rowdy Roddy Piper

thebostoncrab: Nigel McGuinness, Chris Benoit, The Dynamite Kid, Arn Anderson & Tully Blanchard

A Brad Maddox Guy: Keji Mutoh, The Undertaker, Owen Hart & The British Bulldog, Dusty Rhodes

mrkiscool2: Sami Zayn, Kevin Steen, Stone Cold Steve Austin, Fergal Devitt & Minoru, Bruno Sammartino

These are the ones really standing out to me at the moment but 1 draft and that could all change with regards any roster for instance MNG who has to be considered a favourite has already got a major money feud in Hogan/Punk and one of if not the biggest names ever in tag team wrestling, add another quality pick this round and he is easily near the top too

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Is this the first year Dynamite Kid was a pick on his own?

think so, although I may be wrong on that cos I know Davey went with Owen before also
    Moneymaker wrote: »
    Now you know the pain I experience every time Bounty Hunter picked someone I wanted in a football draft :pac:

Delighted to get him though, he was destined for huge things imo, perfect man for the times.

ha well if it makes you feel any better this time round everybody I had in mind pre draft or pre every round beginning, I havent got but it'l all change when the writing starts anyway

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I've had my eye on someone since the round started. Didn't think I'd get the guy, but three picks to go and I'm getting excited :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,302 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Moneymaker, Campo and Thebostoncrab's rosters are my favourites at the moment but that changes :p

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,329 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

I've had my eye on someone since the round started. Didn't think I'd get the guy, but three picks to go and I'm getting excited :D
    Upset outburst in three picks, two picks, one pick and kablooom :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Everbody's roster has potential imo, it's in all the booking :)

Moneymaker wrote: »
    Everbody's roster has potential imo, it's in all the booking :)

I agree

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

Sorry about the hold up. Somebody stole JBL from me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

Jester252 wrote: »
    Sorry about the hold up. Somebody stole JBL from me
    You're grand! Still though, good pick! Would love to see a mic interaction between Road Dogg and Jericho!

Yeah some good Mic skills on that developing roster with the NAO added to Jericho, Foley & DDP

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

Its unbelievable. Usually (in my opinion obviously:pac:) there's one roster that sicks out for being ridiculously good, and one that sicks out for being a little below par. But this year everyone's rosters are pretty damn evenly matched and have the potential to win, its also kinda refreshing to know that this year the winner will definitely be judged on their storyline's and booking and not just their roster.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

Now with 5 picks left this round would it be ok if we did the next line up TSC? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭lebowskilite

Its unbelievable. Usually (in my opinion obviously:pac:) there's one roster that sicks out for being ridiculously good, and one that sicks out for being a little below par. But this year everyone's rosters are pretty damn evenly matched and have the potential to win, its also kinda refreshing to know that this year the winner will definitely be judged on their storyline's and booking and not just their roster.

I think we should add a best newcomer and best feud award to the votes - though they shouldn't count towards the overall winner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

I think we should add a best newcomer and best feud award to the votes - though they shouldn't count towards the overall winner.

Great idea

Are there PW Draft Slammies? Did I read that there were or did I just dream it :confused::pac:

Great idea

Are there PW Draft Slammies? Did I read that there were or did I just dream it :confused::pac:

There are indeed :)

Heading out briefly. WHen I get back, I'll post the next round up (and hopefully my pick too). :)

Round 4 Details
    Still to pick this round...

16. Shagnastii
    17. TeamShadowClan
    18. Prop Joe
    19. Beakerjoe
    20. Hashtag Heel

ROUND FIVE

Straight forward round. No stips.

Draft order is as follows....

1. Lebowskilite
    2. TBC
    3. TeamShadowClan
    4. Waltersobchak
    5. Moneymaker
    6. BrianRegan
    7. Hashtag Heel
    8. Jester252
    9. Furious Red
    10. Campo
    11. Bounty Hunter
    12. Mrkiscool
    13. Beakerjoe
    14. Prop Joe
    15. A Brad Maddox Guy
    16. Raf32
    17. Connemara man
    18. Shagnastii
    19. JPLiz
    20. MNG

Well I better delete those 20 names I wrote down for my next pick! Delighted with that draw :)

Quite happy as well.

Have two names left I want desperately for my top feud, and hopeful for both now :D

boooo ;)

good thing I had a big enough list of names written up for this upcoming round. *Skips down past the top 15 names on my list... well... at least im not MNG :pac:

nah in all seriousness its still early days and your often surprised by who sneaks through to your pick with others picking people who hadn't even thought of and therefore obviously didnt list. Especially in this round too where the remaining 5 to pick can still take pre 70s picks which obviously I dont have in mind for the next round either.

• Advertisement

Being honest, there's one guy I want now who isn't pre-70s, but is too big a name to pass up imo.

Being honest, there's one guy I want now who isn't pre-70s, but is too big a name to pass up imo.

understand if you don't want to answer (as it could ruin the surprise later or make folks pick differently or whatever) but having read this thought id chance it anyway as im curious... will pre 70s picks be available again in a later round?

I have my list in front of me and I'd be very happy with any of them, but I'm taken back by how many big names and game changers are still up for grabs...and those were the ones I removed from my initial list of 20! Have my eye on two tags teams, two big names and two guys I think would fit in perfectly with my roster.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

There is still one guy I really want. If I get him that would pretty much sow up a lot of things for me. Obviously I have a really big list of people I want after him. 12th isn't ideal but oh well!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

That's MNG last twice in two rounds

I have only been in the top 10 in a draw in the first round ;) booooo

Hasn't hampered me yet though too much. Hopefully can get my next 2 guys

With us now being 5 rounds in, thinks it's time for a quick stat!

I've been taking notes on everyones draw to work out the average number. By the end of the game, everyone should be hovering around number 10 due to the laws of probability, but here is everyone so far from low to high

1: Lebowskilite: 7.6
    2: Moneymaker: 7.8
    3: BrianRegan: 7.8
    4: Mrkiscool: 7.8
    5: TBC: 8
    6: Waltersobchak: 8.6
    7: Jester252: 9
    8: TeamShadowClan: 9
    9: Furious Red: 9.2
    10: Beakerjoe: 9.2
    11: A Brad Maddox Guy: 9.2
    12: Bounty Hunter: 10.6
    13: Prop Joe: 10.8
    14: JPLiz: 11.2
    15: Campo: 11.4
    16: Hashtag Heel: 11.6
    17: MNG: 12.4
    18: Connemara man: 12.6
    19: Raf32: 14
    20: Shagnastii: 14.2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

cheers TBC 18th hhhmmmmm ah well

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭lebowskilite

woo! 1st! Me, who dislikes the randomness of the draw and disbelieves in the law of averages...

I like Round 5's stip of being called round 4 :p

Under pressure now for the next pick, Important goings on at work yesterday and now my mental notes are all over the place.

understand if you don't want to answer (as it could ruin the surprise later or make folks pick differently or whatever) but having read this thought id chance it anyway as im curious... will pre 70s picks be available again in a later round?

Maaaybeee....

tee-hee.gif

• Advertisement

Soon....

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSee412rOzPb_evRBkUzul9VsGBD7-leYFI7nNDEc56fBm3iJ7C1A

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement