Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PW Draft 2014 - Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

Soon....

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSee412rOzPb_evRBkUzul9VsGBD7-leYFI7nNDEc56fBm3iJ7C1A
    Hahaha very good. I was worried for a second you were talking about the guy I really wanted!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,968 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Sorry about the delay guys. Was waiting for the fifth round draw to eye up my options and then was travelling down the country. That was probably my most difficult pick yet due to the fact I knew the two guys I wanted wouldn't last till my next pick.

Did any of you guys/gals have Ventura high on your wishlists?

I'm a total martyr so if I can bitch and moan about my draw without being a total bitch and moan I'd be happy. *rabble rabble rabble*:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Ventura was 2nd on my list for a particular role. My first pic is still up for grabs unless prop Joe snatches him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

Neither pick was on my final 6 names so I'm delighted :D

Next 3 are all online right now so this could be very rapid!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Pick and PM sent

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Knew he would never last that long but Jarrett (with a thus far undrafted tag partner) was on my list, happy he was picked though as I am actively trying to not pick anyone I've had before and after being in this every year its been run that isn't too easy. Had Rude on my list too but a bit later on as I had no specific plan for him, if you do though id say he would be a great talent to have and a good one to write for just like Jarrett was the time I had him ( I turned him into a massive racist and made him the leader of a stable :D )

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Pre 70s round option not really used I see.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

In Shock that Sheamo wasn't picked sooner. Starting to flesh out my fueds a little more. All I need now is a challenger for Ziggler, couple of tag teams and two ladies to have a match.

DM-ICE wrote: »
    Pre 70s round option not really used I see.

Probably due to it being earlier than usual although Picard suggests that there is a chance we may have another opportunity.

Didn't have Sheamus on my list but only because I assumed he was gone already, a multiple time Irish World champion is not something youd expect to still be available

• Advertisement

Probably due to it being earlier than usual although Picard suggests that there is a chance we may have another opportunity.

Didn't have Sheamus on my list but only because I assumed he was gone already, a multiple time Irish World champion is not something youd expect to still be available

Especially when you consider he was the first name picked one year

Points for whoever can guess who he's feuding with :p

He went in round one last year (due to a stip but still). Scratching my head as to who should fued with ziggler. Also forgot about my two gimmick men who will provide a chuckle for me anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

Guessing my list will be narrowed down big time by my turn; that could work for or against me. I've a number of big names with no plans on it and smaller/mid range names with semi-thought out ideas. Gonna be torn on who to pick if any slip through

Well that's makes things easy for me, each turn I have been removing names from my list, my final two are Bobby and my tag team pick while I'll make now :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Tag team you say? Means my next pick should be free too :pac:

Delighted, think these two are a perfect fit to the roster and won't stick out like a sore thumb or ruin the theme :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Vince's reaction to learning of my next pick.

2035%2520-%2520autoplay_gif%2520gif%2520vince_mcmahon%2520wwf.gif

They do fit your Roster perfectly, expected them to go but they were no.1 on my list. Strangely though if you didn't pick them I was thinking the chances of them slipping through would increase by around 50% such was my expectation that they seemed like a TBC pick ha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Luger was first on my list for this round, great pick Teamshadowclan

They do fit your Roster perfectly, expected them to go but they were no.1 on my list. Strangely though if you didn't pick them I was thinking the chances of them slipping through would increase by around 50% such was my expectation that they seemed like a TBC pick ha
    I'm glad I'm not the only one who looks at wrestlers and thinks if they get past certain posters then I should get 'em! :P

• Advertisement

I'm glad I'm not the only one who looks at wrestlers and thinks if they get past certain posters then I should get 'em! :P

tbh there are only a handful of people who I can tell such things about, the draft regulars I guess and even then it helps when im thinkng about older or non recent WWE guys, like for example I was in no way surprised when Walt took MIsawa/Kobashi or just now when you took Brody/Hansen, but anybody at all could pick a Rey Mysterio or Sheamus (nothing against these guys obviously just recently selected WWE names) and they wouldnt neccesarily strike me as a typical anyone pick. Think it might have been DM-ICE when he was involved previously though who bucked that trend and more recent guys only really known for WWE work seemed like his type but that was because I think he specifically targetted the underutilised in the WWE guys or the NXT guys ie someone that perhaps he could book to their true potential and look good in comparison to WWE when doing so.

anyway now that ive had another big waffly draft related post here are the people picked so far as we move into Rd5, hope ive not missed anyone as ill copy this into the op of the other thread later
    CM Punk, Raven, Bret Hart, Samoa joe, Daniel Bryan, Soloman Crowe & Dean Ambrose, Eddie Guerrero, Ric Flair, Mick Foley, Jeff Hardy, Austin Aries, Mitsuharu Misawa & Kenta Kobashi, Christian, Christopher Daniels and Evan Bourne, Aj Styles, Nigel McGuinness, Chris Hero & Antonio Cesaro, Davey Richards & Eddie Edwards, Keji Mutoh, Sami Zayn, Kevin Steen, Stone Cold Steve Austin, The Undertaker, Kurt Angle, Dolph Ziggler, Chris Benoit, HBK, Edge, Randy Orton, Brock Lesnar, The Rock, Bubba Ray Dudley, Chris Jericho, John Cena, HHH, Goldberg, Randy Savage, Seth Rollins & Roman Reigns, Hiroshi Tanahashi & Shinsuke Nakamura, Sting, Hulk Hogan,Batista, Goldust & Cody Rhodes, Fergal Devitt & Minoru, Vince McMahon, Tazz, Mr Perfect & Scott Hall, The Road Warriors, Owen Hart & the British Bulldog, The Dynamite Kid, Wade Barrett, Kazuchikao Okada,Ricky The Dragon Steamboat, Alberto Del Rio, Damien Sandow, The Ultimate Warrior, Kane, DDP, Mark Henry,RVD, Bobby Heenan, Dusty Rhodes, Bruno Sammartino, Mr Anderson, Rowdy Roddy Piper, Rikishi, RHYNO, Arn Anderson and Tully Blanchard, Terry Funk, Billy Graham, Brian Pillman, Andre the Giant, JBL, Nick Bockwinkel & Ray Stevens, New Age Outlaws, Jesse "The Body" Ventura, Rey Mysterio, Jeff Jarrett, Rick Rude, Sheamus, Bobby Roode, Stan Hansen and Bruiser Brody, Lex Luger

Mr.Nice Guy: CM Punk, Hulk Hogan, The Road Warriors aka Hawk and Animal, Nick Bockwinkel & Ray Stevens,

Raf32: Raven, Sting, RVD, JBL

Bounty Hunter: Bret Hart, Hiroshi Tanahashi & Shinsuke Nakamura, Ted Dibiase Snr & Steve Williams, Terry Funk

brianregan09: Samoa Joe, Seth Rollins & Roman Reigns, Tazz, Rhyno

Moneymaker: Daniel Bryan, Randy Savage, Goldust & Cody Rhodes, Brian Pillman

beakerjoe: Soloman Crowe & Dean Ambrose, Goldberg, Okado, Rick Rude

Teamshadowclan: Eddie Guerrero, HHH, Vince McMahon, Rey Mysterio, Lex Luger

ShagNasti: Ric Flair, John Cena, Ultimate Warrior, Jesse "The Body" Ventura & Adrian Adonis

Jester252: Mick Foley, Chris Jericho, Diamond Dallas Page, New Age Outlaws,

connemara man: Jeff Hardy. Bubba Ray Dudley, Mark Henry, Rikishi

Campo: Austin Aries, The Rock, Alberto Del Rio, Andre The Giant,

waltersobchak: Mitsuharu Misawa & Kenta Kobashi, Brock Lesnar, Ricky Steamboat, Rowdy Roddy Piper

Prop Joe: Christian, Randy Orton, Batista, Jeff Jarrett

lebowskilite: Christopher Daniels & Evan Bourne, Edge, Mr Perfect & Scott Hall, Billy Graham, Bobby Roode

Furious-Red: AJ Styles, HBK, Kane, Mr. Anderson

thebostoncrab: Nigel McGuinness, Chris Benoit, The Dynamite Kid, Arn Anderson & Tully Blanchard, Stan Hansen and Bruiser Brody

Hashtag_HEEL: Chris Hero & Antonio Cesaro, Dolph Ziggler, Wade Barrett, Sheamus

JP Liz V1: The American Wolves aka Davey Richards & Eddie Edwards, Kurt Angle, Damien Sandow, Bobby "The Brain" Heenan

A Brad Maddox Guy: Keji Mutoh, The Undertaker, Owen Hart & The British Bulldog, Dusty Rhodes

mrkiscool2: Sami Zayn, Kevin Steen, Stone Cold Steve Austin, Fergal Devitt & Minoru, Bruno Sammartino

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,524 ✭✭✭glenjamin

Really liking Walt's and TBC's roster thus far. Early yet though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

Really wanted Hansen and Brody this round but alas.. Think im pretty damn lucky with my backup..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

These draws for me are as bad as the ones D2D was getting a few years back. :pac:

I'd also like to say I'd be concerned and tbh quite disappointed if there was another pre-1970s round later on. The good thing about the last round being pre-1970s was you had to choose between a relatively recent star name or a classic star.

The current big star names will likely have dried up later on but there will be plenty of vintage names left.

It basically means if you went for a classic pick in the last round then you wasted your time because you could have gone for a current star instead and had a far higher percentage chance of getting a classic guy later (since the percentage chance of current stars being available is very low).

Having said my bit on it though, I will support what the powers that be think is for the best.

Really wanted Hansen and Brody this round but alas.. Think im pretty damn lucky with my backup..

Funny you mention that, because when I got my number I did what I keep doing, removing a name for my list that was picked or that I don't mind skipping this round, and my final three were Hansen and Brody, Bobby Roode and Jake Roberts :p

I love my roster so far. I decided that I could do far more this year with some of the same guys as last year because I had more of an idea of how to use them and how to capatalise on my mistakes.

I'd love to pick guys like Hart, Austin, Punk, Rock, Bryan etc. but I lucked out (both last and this year) on the first round or two of picks. I'd also love to pick up some of the NJPW stars but I couldn't write a promo for them or make proper fueds so I'll stick to the "Dirty westerners" until I learn Japanese (or there's English commentary on the shows) :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,481 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Nooooooooo! Not the snake damn !

well done Walt, I actually thought youd take him last round, Roster is looking very strong indeed, any of the six of your guys could easily be in your main event, loads of options

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

was hoping Jake the Snake would slip through the cracks, onto plan E

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

well done Walt, I actually thought youd take him last round, Roster is looking very strong indeed, any of the six of your guys could easily be in your main event, loads of options

Thanks man.. Yeah im actually struggling to pick which option to go with to be honest.. Guess i just gonna wait to see how else the draft unfolds..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement