Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PW Draft 2014 - Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

Prop Joe wrote: »
    I'd be up for a shot of this,

10 Places already gone so if interested get your name down on the list

New thread open in PW forum

I've taken it too seriously aint I

Title History for my Heavyweight Championship updated, still have a few more titles to do

http://championshipwrestlingalliance.weebly.com/

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I hope the fact I was a bit later than scheduled posting the sign up that BH doesn't miss the sign up as a result :(

I hope the fact I was a bit later than scheduled posting the sign up that BH doesn't miss the sign up as a result :(

Personally I feel a spot should be reserved for him, he has been in it every year and ran it many times

Would there be an objection to that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

Would there be an objection to that?

Not a bit I'd say

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,524 ✭✭✭glenjamin

BH should automatically be given a place. The Draft needs a mod anyway.

Loads of Draft virgins this year. The draft is likely military boot camp. Not everyone goes the distance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

+1 BH should be on the list no questions asked..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

It wouldn't be the same without him

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Deadlie

I'd be rubbish at this, honestly I haven't a clue what's going on for the most part. But I'd love to put myself forward for helping anyone out with any photoshop needs they might have.

For reference, here I am that time when I was a meth dealer that said "Bitch" excitedly a lot.

1381568_10200761477231353_1790931243_n.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

was online until around 12.30 but just missed the thread going up as I had to head off to work.

but sure I feel all warm and fuzzy reading this thread now, but never fear BH is here (and in the draft again :) )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,302 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

+1 BH should be on the list no questions asked..

+ 100

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

hmmm now that I know my BWA and Walts WECWF are back in the draft together here is a quote from my PPV last year
    Kenta celebrates with the fans and holds aloft both his IC title and the WECWF world title belts, he is not retiring tonight that is for sure and as we head backstage the camera focuses on WECWF chairman Walter Sobchek who has a tear running down his face and is having a realization as strong as any from his time in Viat Nam, His WECWF title is now in BWA hands.

I eagerly await your response :pac:

19/20 spots picked up pretty easily.

Hopefully then we can get things underway tomorrow evening? That good for everyone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

I cant wait. Thanks TSC and good luck to all involved. MNG is obviously the man to beat/ Look forward to a lot of reading fellas

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

I'm both excited and terrified at the prospect of this. On one hand it's going to be so cool making up my own feuds and reading everyone elses shows, but on the other it's going to be bloody scary to compete against some of the really good writers on here. Either way looking forward to it!

Im dreading the unpredictablity of it all (In a good way of course). I have a fair idea of what id like to do but I could end up with a totally different roster to those guys ive earmarked in my mind depending on how picks go. Cant wait for it to begin!

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Im dreading the unpredictablity of it all (In a good way of course). I have a fair idea of what id like to do but I could end up with a totally different roster to those guys ive earmarked in my mind depending on how picks go. Cant wait for it to begin!

the likelihood of getting the roster that you set out or earmark from the start is almost impossible.. Adapting is pretty much the funniest part of the game in my opinion

the likelihood of getting the roster that you set out or earmark from the start is almost impossible.. Adapting is pretty much the funniest part of the game in my opinion

Oh I know. Thats the fun part. Adapting to what others have picked, what others pick for you in some rounds and rules that make picks hard is the spice of this game. Ive 2/3 guys i definatly want to get and the rest can be interchangable i hope. But i realise I may not get who I want. Cant wait!!!!!:D

Typing up the opening post has me all full of excitement. About to do the first random drawing.

Not putting a timer on when it'll be up offically...but soon :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,968 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

I'm weirdly praying I get a crappy draw in the first round. Don't want the pressure of picking that one wrestler everybody wants. Dare I ask, who generally is most sought after?

ShagNastii wrote: »
    I'm weirdly praying I get a crappy draw in the first round. Don't want the pressure of picking that one wrestler everybody wants. Dare I ask, who generally is most sought after?

Worth noting that the first round is desinged that there'll be a few big names available, but a fair amount not available ;)

I think it all depends on what you plan to write i think. Everyone has different opinions on who is a good character and who has the most scope for writing. Id like to think everyone will have different "must have" superstars on their rosters in mind. Round stips may also stop you from picking certain superstars and think outside the box.

Personally, I've decided to have fun with my write ups this year, so will be after wrestlers who allow me to write out and out comedy. :D

And we're off!
    ROUND ONE!
    67kb.gif
    STIPULATION: ROUND OF HONOR!
    For the first round, your choices are completely limited to people who have made appearances at Ring of Honor events! While this may seem slightly restrictive for a first round stipulation, I think people will find quite quickly that a lot of big names have made appearances for the company.

Also worth noting that Round 2 will be Reverse Order Round! So first will go last, last will go first, etc. And it will have no stip either.

Thanks to Campo for this stip suggestion.

The Draft Order for Round 1 is....

1. MNG
    2. Raf32
    3. Bounty Hunter
    4. BrianRegan
    5. Moneymaker
    6. Beakerjoe
    7. TeamShadowClan
    8. Shagnastii
    9. Jester252
    10. Connemara man
    11. Campo
    12. Waltersobchak
    13. Prop Joe
    14. Lebowskilite
    15. Furious Red
    16. TBC
    17. Hashtag Heel
    18. JPLiz
    19. A Brad Maddox Guy
    20. Mrkiscool

So our winner of the two previous drafts will get first choice this year. So without further delay, let's kick things off!

Great first round stip.. Easily 20 good to great picks available

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

Hmm. Can't decide if it's better to be last for this round so I am first for the next or if it would have been better to be in the top 10 for this round. Meh, I'll find someone I am sure!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Great Stip, struggling between two superstars i want, so kind of hoping one is picked so i dont have a massive call to make.

Plenty good ones to pick from, hopefully the guy I want is still there when it comes to my pick. OOOOOH the tension

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

any chance these draft threads could be stickied, so those not taking part can work around them easier?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement