Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PW Draft 2014 - Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

all my picks are fading now

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Will have my pick up in about 40 mins

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

Will have my pick up in about 40 mins

Suppose bed can wait then

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

How many people are up for trades this year lads? Cause I've got one guy i think i might need to get rid of, if i can find a suitable opponent for him..

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

campo wrote: »
    Suppose bed can wait then

+1

and yeah I think trades are officially an option now, Rd5 it they become available iirc

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Sorry for the delay lads

Sorry for the delay lads

My pick is now also up, delighted to get Chavo and Hernadez plus with Del Rio already on my roster it is something to work with

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

Drat BH, there goes the second pick on my list! Not surprised, two excellent men that suit your roster perfectly

pick made, pm sent (cheers for the pm Campo), next guy is online too, nice little late night run here

edit: sorry to dissapoint TBC, kinda surprised they slipped through to me tbh, decided to pass up a singles star I wanted and am sure will be gone by the next round to take em though as like you say I think they fit well
    BWA Roster 2014;
    Bret Hart
    Hiroshi Tanahashi
    Shinsuke Nakamura
    Ted Dibiase
    Steve Williams
    Terry Funk
    Michael "P.S." Hayes
    Terry Gordy

pick made, pm sent (cheers for the pm Campo), next guy is online too, nice little late night run here

I never even though of freebirds :o

• Advertisement

campo wrote: »
    I never even though of freebirds :o

and im thankful for that fact :D

Great pick BH.. Literally had The Freebirds written up yesterday and was just about to hit post when i remembered Jake Roberts hadn't been picked yet, they should suit your roster perfectly

Also great pick mrkiscool2.... What a diverse roster! Pretty sure the drafts gonna be done by the Rumble and not Mania weekend this year lads
    :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

Also great pick mrkiscool2.... What a diverse roster! Pretty sure the drafts gonna be done by the Rumble and not Mania weekend this year lads
    :pac:
    I was so very happy I got him! I wasn't sure I would get him when I saw the draw so am very relieved indeed!

Beakers online too now flying through the picks so we are. cheers Walt btw and if you wanna trade ill give you steve williams for however you have in mind (doubt it, 100% chancing my arm but what have i got to lose and ive yet to think of something for Dr Death)

Who you looking to swap Walt

Kenta Kobashi possibly lads..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,481 ✭✭✭brianregan09

There goes my lax idea lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,968 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Brian you have to book Bossman and OMG as the twin towers. Such a killer tag team.

There is no denying

Blue Shirt Bossman > Corporation Bossman and Akeem > One Man Gang

Saying that it's lovely when you draft somebody that has quite a stacked resume in terms of career gimmicks. Sort of opens up even more possibilities in terms of write ups and scope for feuds. Will we see Nicky from the Spirit Squad reign in NWO:Anarchy or will the whitest man alive Kervin White be showing up in BWE?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Pick made. Fandango was the man I wanted. EC3 is a lovely brucie bonus.

Have big plans for Fandango.

Originally wanted Regal but since hes gone, his replacement can be picked in a later round. Wanted to make sure I got Johnny Curtis

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,481 ✭✭✭brianregan09

As for bossman and omg all im gonna say is poor Rollins is gonna suffer

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Had hoped Chavo would last way longer. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

Don't think you're the first person to say that ;) lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,968 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

There are a few midcard card guys I have my eye on with soild angle ideas. Am going try hold out a few rounds and hope they go unpicked. Like you missing Chavo I'll probably end up not being hasty/lucky enough.

Once no "Cat amungst the pigeons" type strip takes guys off my roster, I have 4 feuds sets up.

Hopefully a kind draw in teh enxt round will help me get the next guy on my list

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

I really hadn't planned on that pick. Took a risk by leaving who I have plans for in the hope they'll slip through to me next round, was just really surprised Booker made it this far. He wasn't even the only big name I could've gone for either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

With five guys left in the round, we should be seeing the next round draw soon. Kinda hope there is a Stip.

Surprised Booker Lasted so long. Was never on my list but Hes a serious player and could be fun to write for. The Freebirds were my pick of the round so far.

Will there be a Stip for the next round...only 5 more picks til Round 6

Jester252 wrote: »
    With five guys left in the round, we should be seeing the next round draw soon. Kinda hope there is a Stip.

I kind of do to but at the same time I think I should be careful of what i wish for. The Stip can be a harsh mistress. A steal another guys pick round would be unpredictibly horrible and awesome at the same time. Same goes for a pick for the next guy round

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Round 7 will be our next stip round.

Then likely Rounds 10, 12 and 13. Still a lot of big names left, so see can we churn through them in this round.

We're flying this year. Usually takes till March to get the drafting done, and then Mania weekend is closing date for writeups, but can see drafting being done far earlier this year.
    Still to pick this round...

16. Raf32
    17. Connemara man
    18. Shagnastii
    19. JPLiz
    20. MNG

Round Six

Plain, old normal round. No stips.

Draft Order is as follows...

1. Furious Red
    2. TeamShadowClan
    3. Lebowskilite