Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PW Draft 2014 - Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭lebowskilite

My next couple of picks are going to be executed with military precision in terms of the order and use of tag-teams/stips - I have some feuds sown up but so many more to complete! Argh!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

Bit to go until my next pick, reduced my list to 16, here is hoping the main ones I want survive

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,329 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

My next couple of picks are going to be executed with military precision in terms of the order and use of tag-teams/stips - I have some feuds sown up but so many more to complete! Argh!
    Sounds like me playing Hearthstone; "I'll play that; then next turn that and that" only to turn into "What?! How did he manage to destroy my plans? Curse him and back to the drawing board..." :P

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Woot number 1 :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

I was going to complain but then I saw MNG, hes getting no luck.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,481 ✭✭✭brianregan09

I think if there is a steal another pic round we should be allowed put an immunity on one wrestler

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I think if there is a steal another pic round we should be allowed put an immunity on one wrestler

There won't be, don't worry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,968 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

I think that was one of the deals in that round last year, you could save one of your roster. I wasn't against it last year but in hindsight in think is maybe took away from must feds with certain wrestlers appearing on two rosters.

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭lebowskilite

I liked the stip last year, and wouldn't be too put off by it making a re-appearance.

I also think that folks should have a chance to pick another pre-70s wrestler, given that some may have opted for a modern headliner instead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

That just brings in a random factor I think should be avoided personally.

No thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

I liked the stip last year, and wouldn't be too put off by it making a re-appearance.

I also think that folks should have a chance to pick another pre-70s wrestler, given that some may have opted for a modern headliner instead.

I think that's the exact reason we shouldn't have another pre-70s round. Speaking for myself here but the only reason I didn't go for someone modern in that round is because the pre 70s wouldn't be available later if i didn't pick one then. I know another poster said something similar a few pages back.

I think the pre 70's round shouldnt be repeated. Ill definatly avail of it should it pop up but I think It should be done once and thats it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,303 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

+ 1

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

beakerjoe wrote: »
    I think the pre 70's round shouldnt be repeated. Ill definatly avail of it should it pop up but I think It should be done once and thats it.

I think it should but in the same way it has before i.e at the same time as something else. We have had an all eligable round previously where date of debut or promotions wrestled in rules didnt count for that round so that people could get one last big name to fix any feuds they were struggling to book, or if it was combined with say the Celebs round as not all want celebs on their rosters.

anywhoo glad to have gotten the Freebirds last round and as I continue to get middle of the pack draws im happy this time its just about in the top half of the draw as I consider how many of the names on my last will be taken before me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

Pick made and PM sent heart broken Farooq didn't last another round

I think many of my would be picks for the next round will be gone by teh time it gets to me. But I will draw up a list with 5 to go before mine. I had my next pick in my head and still think I can get him. Hoping I get a good deal in the next few rounds.

CM has a lot of big men in his roster. Interesting....

How about a round with anything goes i.e. any promotion, celeb (not even a celeb associated with wrestling), any age debut, any tag team (even with a world title holder if any left not picked previously) etc.,

Pick made and PM sent heart broken Farooq didn't last another round

Planning a Nation angle? Mizark, Farooq, Big E

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    How about a round with anything goes i.e. any promotion, celeb (not even a celeb associated with wrestling), any age debut, any tag team (even with a world title holder if any left not picked previously) etc.,

Could be good in the last round that 1 of your picks can be like this perhaps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

Planning a Nation angle? Mizark, Farooq, Big E

what ever could you mean :cool::p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Need another tag team and two more single stars and roster should be doing well then

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

I think that would work brilliantly especially as the last (non 13/14/15th picks put together round, assuming thats happening) round as it could tie up all the loose ends on someones roster. Though id understand others objecting

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

No, I don't think that's very fair. Some of us did sacrifice a current headliner to go for someone from the pre-70s. You make a choice whether you want a guy from the pre-70s or not, if you don't well tough luck, no more chances to pick them. I think if the 3 lads do decide to allow pre-70 guys to be picked again it would spit in the face of everyone who made the choice to give up picking a modern-day guy for someone from the pre-70s and hell might even put them at disadvantage.

mrkiscool2 wrote: »
    No, I don't think that's very fair. Some of us did sacrifice a current headliner to go for someone from the pre-70s. You make a choice whether you want a guy from the pre-70s or not, if you don't well tough luck, no more chances to pick them. I think if the 3 lads do decide to allow pre-70 guys to be picked again it would spit in the face of everyone who made the choice to give up picking a modern-day guy for someone from the pre-70s and hell might even put them at disadvantage.

to be honest im one of those who sacrificed getting a current headliner but id still love another pre 70s round and a chance to get another star from the past.

its happened before that there were more than one round where people could get them so who knows maybe some could have decided against it thinking they would have another chance.

Having said that, we should just play the whistle either way imo

to be honest im one of those who sacrificed getting a current headliner but id still love another pre 70s round and a chance to get another star from the past.

its happened before that there were more than one round where people could get them so who knows maybe some could have decided against it thinking they would have another chance.

Having said that, we should just play the whistle either way imo

+1 The game will throw curveballs. Just get on with it even if it hinders you. All part of the fun / challenge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

+1 The game will throw curveballs. Just get on with it even if it hinders you. All part of the fun / challenge.
    I wasn't even making the argument for my sake. I wanted Sammartino for the roster and he is a massive star IMO. Again, happy to play the game and love stips and curve-balls, but don't necessarily think that just because there are stips means people can't give their two cents on some issues!

First Females of the draft gone. No surprise that its Lita and Trish. Argueably the best two divas ever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,481 ✭✭✭brianregan09

How can two world champs go together? Ie lita and a
    Trish

First Females of the draft gone. No surprise that its Lita and Trish. Argueably the best two divas ever.

I feared if I didn't take them now they wouldn't be left next round

How can two world champs go together? Ie lita and a
    Trish

There were taken as a tag team last year and another year

I don't think the women's/divas title is seen as a world title for the draft

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

CURSE YOU LIZ! You got one of my Divas!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement