Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PW Draft 2014 - Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Thanks to the downtime my pick I'd even further away hahaha.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Damn you!!!!! Damn you!!!!!!!!

Ha well tbh i was very close to grabbing Nash but then realised i would'nt have anything for him and wanted a good tag team for WGTT

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

whole lot of Vanilla midget talk going on with TSCs roster it would seem, def some interesting chemistry with the likes of Rey, Eddie,Nash, HHH and Vince among others

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

whole lot of Vanilla midget talk going on with TSCs roster it would seem, def some interesting chemistry with the likes of Rey, Eddie,Nash, HHH and Vince among others

I know I should be looking at multiple feuds, but I really am happy with how I'm building towards one massive story at the moment.

Two more picks I would really like to get to cement the story I have in mind. I know the two I want tend to go later in the draft though so will be picking them asap :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,481 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Yeah I have one massive storyline brewing and the rest are gonna branch off them all going well

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭lebowskilite

This year I'm working out some distinct feuds I think, whereas last year everything was more interconnected. Wondering whether or not to do the 5 weekly shows (like last year) or run down the last 12 months leading up to the PPV, like BH (I think?) did last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

I don't know if my pick would have even been on the cards for anyone else since I'm new to the game but with a match I have in mind I wasn't willing to take the risk for another round.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Seems to be a bit of a lull in the game at the moment but as I've scoped out the competition what with me being the reigning champ and all (sorry, gotta milk that while it lasts), I thought I'd give my take on everyone's assembled efforts thus far...

(Note: This is based on Liz's roster update from a previous page so if I've missed out recent picks that will be the reason)
    Raf32: Raven, Sting, RVD, JBL, Farooq

Getting the APA was a very shrewd move. I actually considered trying for the APA vs the Road Warriors and was tempted to pick JBL followed by Farooq but I was concerned others might thwart me. You pulled it off and now have a big tag name and big singles names so fair play to you.
    Bounty Hunter: Bret Hart, Hiroshi Tanahashi & Shinsuke Nakamura, Ted Dibiase Snr & Steve Williams, Terry Funk, The Fabulous Freebirds aka Michael "P.S." Hayes & Terry Gordy

You're always in the mix as you write well for your picks and this year I think you are shaping up to have your most impressive roster of talent. It all depends on how they come together, but as I say, you have a knack for doing that, so if there were odds going on this I'd have you one of the favourites.
    brianregan09: Samoa Joe, Seth Rollins & Roman Reigns, Tazz, Rhyno, Big Bossman & One Man Gang

I'm getting an ECW type vibe off this roster which I like. Interested to see how it develops with future picks. I'm guessing this show won't be PG. ;)
    Moneymaker: Daniel Bryan, Randy Savage, Goldust & Cody Rhodes, Brian Pillman, William Regal

Some nice picks here clearly. Pillman definitely shouldn't have lasted as long as he did and getting him was good work. Not just great talent here but great characters which is always a big plus. Looking forward to seeing if you can bring it all together. If you can, you'll be in the mix.
    beakerjoe: Soloman Crowe & Dean Ambrose, Goldberg, Okada, Ravishing Rick Rude, Ethan Carter & Fandango

Very nice, diverse mix here with current stars and classic stars, US guys and a Japanese guy. I'm particularly keen on seeing how Goldberg fits into things. Intriguing.
    Teamshadowclan: Eddie Guerrero, HHH, Vince McMahon, Rey Mysterio, Lex Luger

Again, this roster features great talent but also great characters. You are another who has shown in the past how to write well for picks (I recall you did a good job with Goldberg in a past game and should do well with another invincible, unstoppable star, i.e. HHH)
    ShagNasti: Ric Flair, John Cena, Ultimate Warrior, Jesse The Body Ventura & Adorable Adrian Adonis, Scott Steiner

You wrote fun shows last year and this one has some more big characters involved. Some great potential feuds here so looking forward to your thoughts on them. Should be enjoyable to write for these chaps.
    Jester252: Mick Foley, Chris Jericho, Diamond Dallas Page, New Age Outlaws aka Billy Gunn and Road Dogg,MNM aka Joey Mercury & Johnny Nitro

I like this. You have a great tag feud there if that's your plan and some big singles names. I'm getting a Smackdown vibe off this roster (from the days when it was a quality show I mean).
    connemara man: Jeff Hardy. Bubba Ray Dudley, Mark Henry, Rikishi, Big E Langston

Also getting a Smackdown vibe off this one too. Interested to see how you utilise Big E and Henry.
    Campo: Austin Aries, The Rock, Alberto Del Rio, Andre the Giant, Chavo Guerrero & Hernandez

You usually deliver on big main event matches (wasn't it Brock/Ryback last time?) and you've got some very interesting main eventers here. Rock should be great fun to write for. Looks very good in these early days.
    waltersobchak: Mitsuharu Misawa & Kenta Kobashi, Brock Lesnar, Ricky Steamboat, Rowdy Roddy Piper, Jake The Snake Roberts

You are another who has to be up there in contention as your record in past drafts can't be ignored. You have that knack of setting the right tone on your shows. I recall you had a gritty, ECW style show one year. This one has a vibe as being one involving quality technical wrestling. I'd be surprised if this one isn't in the mix.
    Prop Joe: Christian, Randy Orton, Batista, Jeff Jarrett, The Big Show

Reliable, quality singles guys picked here. Batista and Orton are good value picks at the current time in wrestling with Orton having the gold and Batista nearly back. I'm curious to see your plans for those two guys.
    lebowskilite: Christopher Daniels & Evan Bourne, Edge, Mr Perfect & Scott Hall, Billy Graham, Bobby Roode

I'm getting a vibe here of TNA and old school WWF which I think is very exciting. Some top characters here. This could do very well if you can bring it all together with some tasty feuds.
    Furious-Red: AJ Styles, HBK, Kane, Mr. Anderson, The World's Greatest Tag Team aka Shelton Benjamin & Charlie Haas

Past games show you write well for your picks which is a big help and this is one of your strongest line-ups. Looking forward to seeing what you go with for HBK.
    thebostoncrab: Nigel McGuinness, Chris Benoit, The Dynamite Kid, Arn Anderson & Tully Blanchard, Stan Hansen & Bruiser Brody

There's no shortage of quality talent here and you have been very close to winning the game in previous drafts. I would therefore have to consider you as one of the favourites as you can also write very well. Should be in the mix me thinks.
    Hashtag_HEEL: Chris Hero & Antonio Cesaro, Dolph Ziggler, Wade Barrett, Sheamus, MVP & Matt Hardy

This roster catches my eye as many of these guys are great talents who imo the WWE have not gotten the best out of. There's huge potential in Cesaro and Barrett in my view; I think there's more to come from Ziggler and Sheamus; and Hero they probably dropped the ball with really. If you can give these guys the spotlight in a fun way then this show could be a real dark horse.
    JP Liz V1: The American Wolves aka Davey Richards & Eddie Edwards, Kurt Angle, Damien Sandow, Bobby "The Brain" Heenan, Trish Stratus & Lita

I was pleased you drafted Heenan as I remember you wrote very well for him one of the years. He is a great character and you have plenty of top wrestlers as well. Trish and Lita was also a quality pick. It's shaping up nicely.
    A Brad Maddox Guy: Keji Mutoh, The Undertaker, Owen Hart & The British Bulldog, Dusty Rhodes, Booker T

Very impressive picks thus far. I found out last year that Dusty is great fun to write for. Alongside Owen, Taker and Bulldog you've got some great talent.
    mrkiscool2: Sami Zayn, Kevin Steen, Stone Cold Steve Austin, Fergal Devitt & Minoru, Bruno Sammartino, Sid Vicious

This is a cracking blend of current and classic star names. If you can bring this together with some great feuds this could be a show that's right in the mix.

Overall, it's tough imo to single out a clear favourite. I tend to instinctively look out for those I know from previous years to have a good track record of matching quality picks with quality stories and angles. There's plenty here who can do that. But there's also some newcomers this year who have assembled equally impressive rosters and if they can bring it all together in the build, and story, and pay-off then they too could clinch it.

It's left me very eager to check out the stories and angles that people have in mind for the evaluation thread when that kicks off.

Enzo Amore by Shagnasti , what a pick IMO

Didnt think anyone would pick him at all let alone this early. A lot of scope with this guy. Cant wait to see what Shag does with him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

Pick made and PM sent

Many more gifs will be used

• Advertisement

Pick made and PM sent

Many more gifs will be used

nice pick
    con man

Sorry i mean nice pic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

Damnit, I was hoping some of the names on my list would have been picked to make things easier for my next pick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,303 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I usually look at guys who've been tag champions...Like Shamrock and Bossman who i wanted were eligable that way they were in the Corporation stable but missed out on them as Shamrock was a TNA world Champion the dick

Did your mention of Shamrock make Jester252 decide to take him, I wanted an Angle Lock off between him and Angle :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,481 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Probaly but I had a backup in mind anyway and he wants me to feed him more

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭Prop Joe

Ryback was my next choice....boo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

I usually look at guys who've been tag champions...Like Shamrock and Bossman who i wanted were eligable that way they were in the Corporation stable but missed out on them as Shamrock was a TNA world Champion the dick

You mention Shamrock kinda aided me picking him. Also, just to be that guy, Shamrock was eligible for a tag pick as he won the NWA world title after the NWA/WCW split.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Lot of better picks been overlooked imo.

Moneymaker wrote: »
    Lot of better picks been overlooked imo.

obviously its all opinion but there are def people still available that I did not expect to be able to say that about at this stage. Think people are now picking with specific stories in mind (perhaps in fear that their guys might be taken if they wait) and therefore not just going for the most obvious names.

btw cheers for the kind words MNG and for doing a write up like you have, I will try to done myself in a round or two maybe as I like giving feedback like that too.

obviously its all opinion but there are def people still available that I did not expect to be able to say that about at this stage. Think people are now picking with specific stories in mind (perhaps in fear that their guys might be taken if they wait) and therefore not just going for the most obvious names.

This is what Im doing now. I have 4 or 5 names that i wouldnt imagine people will try pick penciled in for my feuds (along with 2 names I expect to be picked before I can choose them), But after seeing Brooke and Enzo go, I fear some of my picks may be in other peoples mind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,303 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

btw cheers for the kind words MNG and for doing a write up like you have, I will try to done myself in a round or two maybe as I like giving feedback like that too.

Great pick BH with Demolition, another who I thought were already picked

• Advertisement

cheers Liz, to be honest as I said in the write up I was too, assumed they would be gone considering that stat I mentioned in said write up.
    . In WWF, Demolition were three-time Tag Team Champions, and hold the records for both the single longest tag title reign and the most combined days as reigning champions

ooh and Raf is online now too so maybe another pick is on the way soon

Demolition is a fine choice indeed. Probably the best(most prestigious at least) tag team left.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Dont think he has been picked, correct me if he has been! :pac:

The Miz, once a top first round draft pick in previous years is now round 6.

Great heel character though and IMO one of the best on the mic when on form.

the man we all love to hate, The Miz was indeed still available

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

Ryback gone and with him goes my feud for Andre The Giant

It's sad how far he's fallen though, mostly through no fault of his own.

He was treated disgracefully at WM27, and it buried the WWE title too.

Even though he "won" he was made to look a joke and second rate.

He should have done more with the babyface turn though, his character stayed the same pretty much.

**** knows where he goes from here. He's completely lost in the shuffle now.

DIN DIN DIN DIN another pick bites the dust........

Shocked no one pick Jushin Liger til now. I would of loved to have him in my fed this round but realistically thought he would have been snapped up, and rightly so by TBC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

Jesus, forgot about The Miz myself, that's really shocking to think how far his stock has fallen.

Delighted with Liger, it's another man who shouldn't have lasted into round 6 considering how big his name is and just how talented he is. Him vs. Dynamite has to be a massive dream match.

• Advertisement

I was wondering how long he'd last.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement