Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PW Draft 2014 - Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,481 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Jester252 wrote: »
    You mention Shamrock kinda aided me picking him. Also, just to be that guy, Shamrock was eligible for a tag pick as he won the NWA world title after the NWA/WCW split.
    But but but I asked tsc and he said no aaaargh never mind I got one man gang instead

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

But but but I asked tsc and he said no aaaargh never mind I got one man gang instead

He has been picked before as part of a tag team iirc although that was with Big Boss man and I always remember that one being questioned (perhaps due to the 3 months rule).

Yeah it was with Big Bossman i wanted him...but Bossman was the main pick and he was a bonus but look not to be..Plus i've got an even better idea lined up with him and Akeem or One man gang not decided which persona yet :D also can't believe Ryback last so long he was flying there at one point before WWE stupidly decided to turn him heel

Was wondering actually if Rybaxel were eligable (dunno if its been 3 months) but Axel is gone now as apart of a team I have no memory of other than from the pic they were obviously part of Punks new Nexus and won the belts at one point together though judging from it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭Prop Joe

Was wondering actually if Rybaxel were eligable (dunno if its been 3 months) but Axel is gone now as apart of a team I have no memory of other than from the pic they were obviously part of Punks new Nexus and won the belts at one point together though judging from it.

Was thinking the same about Rybaxel ? Accoring to Wiki Otunga and McGillicutty debuted together as a tag on May 23rd winning the tag titles and lost them on August 22nd...1 Day short of 3 months !!!! Lucky for Prop Joe they then feuded with Jerry Lawler and Zack Ryder for a few weeks after that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭lebowskilite

Yeah it was with Big Bossman i wanted him...but Bossman was the main pick and he was a bonus but look not to be..Plus i've got an even better idea lined up with him and Akeem or One man gang not decided which persona yet :D also can't believe Ryback last so long he was flying there at one point before WWE stupidly decided to turn him heel

My opinion: his mega push was a terrible idea, he just wasn't good enough in tge ring or believable as a dominator. Beating Miz, for instance, who I also don't have much time for, but who was IC champion at the time...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

Dammit there goes a feud! Gotta think outside the box for a tag pick now

Just like tbc with Brody & Hansen, International Strike Force just seems like such a Liz pick to me for some reason (ill assume it's cos I know you had em before), think they will fit in well with your roster

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,303 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Just like tbc with Brody & Hansen, International Strike Force just seems like such a Liz pick to me for some reason (ill assume it's cos I know you had em before), think they will fit in well with your roster

There weren't top choices for this round tbh but the other tag teams I had in mind, one member was a world champ so couldn't take as a team and I needed a tag team this round

BTW is R7 a stip round?

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    There weren't top choices for this round tbh but the other tag teams I had in mind, one member was a world champ so couldn't take as a team and I needed a tag team this round

BTW is R7 a stip round?

I think I remember TSC saying it was, also think I know who you had in mind as your other tag team, damn TNA giving out world titles like that, I remember back in the day when Jeff, Bubba & these fellahs (assuming my guess of another Liz style team is on the ball) could all be taken as part of teams.

I'd say you could have still gotten them but you would have had to take 2 go's to get em

• Advertisement

I think I remember TSC saying it was, also think I know who you had in mind as your other tag team, damn TNA giving out world titles like that, I remember back in the day when Jeff, Bubba & these fellahs (assuming my guess of another Liz style team is on the ball) could all be taken as part of teams.

I'd say you could have still gotten them but you would have had to take 2 go's to get em

Your guess is correct

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

Oh I am conflicted should I go with a tag team who might slip through next round or a single guy who will probably go early enough.......tag team more vital to storyline

campo wrote: »
    Oh I am conflicted should I go with a tag team who might slip through next round or a single guy who will probably go early enough.......tag team more vital to storyline

It is nearly worse when two or more of your options are still available to pick :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

I'm veerrryy tempted to trade Dolph ziggler. Unless we have the pinch from another roster round again I may have to. Can't think of an f'n thing to write!

campo wrote: »

Guess that depends on your current plans, if you have a particular angle for Chavo/Hernandez to have a tag feud within and need a certain type of foil team for said angle you may want to get them before you run out of options in the tag department as good teams are going fast. (easy for me to say seing as I have tag teams already)

Or from reading your posts do you need a main eventer to take on Andre...perhaps trade with HH for Ziggler here and have him bump like a boss for the bigman

I'm veerrryy tempted to trade Dolph ziggler. Unless we have the pinch from another roster round again I may have to. Can't think of an f'n thing to write!

Oooh Dolph could be tempting,always felt he was a top drawer guy.just needs the right push

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Going out most of tomorrow so doing the next round up now.

Scary thought; we're already half way through this years draft! :eek:
    Still to pick...
    15. Mrkiscool
    16. Campo
    17. Waltersobchak
    18. Moneymaker
    19. MNG
    20. Beakerjoe
    ROUND SEVEN
    67kb.gif
    Stipulation: The Celeb Round!
    For this round, participants are allowed to draft celebrities who have some connection to the wrestling universe. So be it they wrestled a match, guest hosted or simply made an appearance on a relevant show, you can now choose from a variety of non-wrestlers.

Draft Order is as follows...

1. BrianRegan
    2. TeamShadowClan
    3. Furious Red
    4. Waltersobchak
    5. Bounty Hunter
    6. Lebowskilite
    7. Moneymaker
    8. Raf32
    9. Campo
    10. Hashtag Heel
    11. Jester252
    12. MNG
    13. JPLiz
    14. Connemara man
    15. Shagnastii
    16. Beakerjoe
    17. A Brad Maddox Guy
    18. Mrkiscool
    19. TBC
    20. Prop Joe

Seriously, I feel like my specific combination of letters is rigging the algorithm of whatever program/website you're using to produce the list. I think I've only been in the bottom ten once this year!

*Not complaining, just obsessively compulsive.

Dunno if I'll go for a celebrity at all this year. Last year the celeb round was late enough that I was choosing between a celeb or a low carder. This year that's all different.

Although I think "Chin up: the Nick Nemeth Story" needs a star-studded sequel...

9th highest I got so far...YAY

Bummer as I was kinda hoping the celeb round would be later and I'd get a higher draw order but oh well that's the game so roll with it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

This randomizer web draw is killing me. I've only had 1 pick in top 10 so far and 1 in top 15. Its been awful for me so far

I wouldn't be surprised if some people pass up the celeb option (Ive seen most celebs used at least once before in drafts and want to a fresh feel to my show so im considering doing so) and some big name celebs are available later in this round. Could also be an opportunity to find an opponent or storyline for someone you might be struggling to so with for example I think Ziggler could work well in a celeb angle.

Wooohooo 1st place and I'm struggling to think of a Celebrity that can actually fit in my plans at the moment :/

Mr.Nice Guy: CM Punk, Hulk Hogan, The Road Warriors aka Hawk and Animal, Nick Bockwinkel & Ray Stevens, AJ Lee & Kaitlyn

Raf32: Raven, Sting, RVD, JBL, Farooq, The Miz

Bounty Hunter: Bret Hart, Hiroshi Tanahashi & Shinsuke Nakamura, Ted Dibiase Snr & Steve Williams, Terry Funk, The Fabulous Freebirds aka Michael "P.S." Hayes & Terry Gordy, Demolition aka Ax & Smash

brianregan09: Samoa Joe, Seth Rollins & Roman Reigns, Tazz, Rhyno, Big Bossman & One Man Gang, Ryback

Moneymaker: Daniel Bryan, Randy Savage, Goldust & Cody Rhodes, Brian Pillman, William Regal

beakerjoe: Soloman Crowe & Dean Ambrose, Goldberg, Okada, Ravishing Rick Rude, Ethan Carter & Fandango

Teamshadowclan: Eddie Guerrero, HHH, Vince McMahon, Rey Mysterio, Lex Luger, Kevin Nash

ShagNasti: Ric Flair, John Cena, Ultimate Warrior, Jesse The Body Ventura & Adorable Adrian Adonis, Scott Steiner, Enzo Amore

Jester252: Mick Foley, Chris Jericho, Diamond Dallas Page, New Age Outlaws aka Billy Gunn and Road Dogg,MNM aka Joey Mercury & Johnny Nitro, Ken Shamrock

connemara man: Jeff Hardy. Bubba Ray Dudley, Mark Henry, Rikishi, Big E Langston, Brooke Tessmacher

Campo: Austin Aries, The Rock, Alberto Del Rio, Andre the Giant, Chavo Guerrero & Hernandez

waltersobchak: Mitsuharu Misawa & Kenta Kobashi, Brock Lesnar, Ricky Steamboat, Rowdy Roddy Piper, Jake The Snake Roberts

Prop Joe: Christian, Randy Orton, Batista, Jeff Jarrett, The Big Show, David Otunga & Joe Hennig

lebowskilite: Christopher Daniels & Evan Bourne, Edge, Mr Perfect & Scott Hall, Billy Graham, Bobby Roode, Awesome Kong & Aja Kong

Furious-Red: AJ Styles, HBK, Kane, Mr. Anderson, The World's Greatest Tag Team aka Shelton Benjamin & Charlie Haas, Jimmy Uso & Jey Uso

thebostoncrab: Nigel McGuinness, Chris Benoit, The Dynamite Kid, Arn Anderson & Tully Blanchard, Stan Hansen & Bruiser Brody, Jushin "Thunder" Liger

Hashtag_HEEL: Chris Hero & Antonio Cesaro, Dolph Ziggler, Wade Barrett, Sheamus, MVP & Matt Hardy, Heath Slater

JP Liz V1: The American Wolves aka Davey Richards & Eddie Edwards, Kurt Angle, Damien Sandow, Bobby "The Brain" Heenan, Trish Stratus & Lita, International Airstrike aka Tyson Kidd & Justin Gabriel

A Brad Maddox Guy: Keji Mutoh, The Undertaker, Owen Hart & The British Bulldog, Dusty Rhodes, Booker T, Yokozuna

mrkiscool2: Sami Zayn, Kevin Steen, Stone Cold Steve Austin, Fergal Devitt & Minoru, Bruno Sammartino, Sid Vicious

I have a celeb in mind who would work brill with the mid card,but IM not sure if I want to sacrifice a performer for him

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Prop Joe wrote: »
    I have a celeb in mind who would work brill with the mid card,but IM not sure if I want to sacrifice a performer for him

Im the same

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,968 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Jaysus yis are an awful nocturnal bunch there is some serious drafting done in the dead of most nights. I've a while to pick so I won't put thought to my draft just yet. I will do my best Mr Nice Guy and give my two cents on the rosters thus far.
    Mr.Nice Guy: CM Punk, Hulk Hogan, The Road Warriors aka Hawk and Animal, Nick Bockwinkel & Ray Stevens, AJ Lee & Kaitlyn

Love this roster. With the three behemoths of the Hulkamania period it harkens back to the days of the oversized colourful characters that made me fall in love with wrestling. For some unknown reason Punk fits perfectly into this. Am hoping for interaction between Hulkster and Punk.
    Raf32: Raven, Sting, RVD, JBL, Farooq, The Miz

This one is entriging for me. Stinger is a beaut for a pick. I mentioned the scope for gimmick usage and this roster will leave us thinking. Will Sting be a brooding crow or blonde fan fave surfer? Are the APA a cert or will we be seeing a bullhorn limo in the fed.
    Bounty Hunter: Bret Hart, Hiroshi Tanahashi & Shinsuke Nakamura, Ted Dibiase Snr & Steve Williams, Terry Funk, The Fabulous Freebirds, Demolition

Love your write ups and the way it adds so much gravitas to all your feuds and storylines. Have made it my duty to research talent I wasn't too knowledable of, Tanahashi being one of yours. Can't wait to see how he is booked. You have a serious Tag Team division buliding.
    brianregan09: Samoa Joe, Seth Rollins & Roman Reigns, Tazz, Rhyno, Big Bossman & One Man Gang, Ryback

A fed oozing with bad ass mutha's. If you book any three-ways or four-ways I envisage some TLC levels of carnage. By your murmurs in the discussion thread we could get a David vs Goliath-esque feud which would be pretty boss.
    Moneymaker: Daniel Bryan, Randy Savage, Goldust & Cody Rhodes, Brian Pillman, William Regal

Pound for pound probably one of the best ensemble casts of draft 2014. Every single one of your wrestlers ranks five stars in terms of technical ability, chrisma and likability. Plenty of real-life history amongst the grouping which also adds greatly to possible feuds and storylines.
    beakerjoe: Soloman Crowe & Dean Ambrose, Goldberg, Okada, Ravishing Rick Rude, Ethan Carter & Fandango

As MNG cracking mix of past, present and future. And again, I'd agree with MNG everybody will have eyes on Goldberg. Nothing was more entertaining than seeing Goldberg split a douchebag hell mid smarm with a hipbreaking spear. There is an awful lot of smary douchey goodness recruited here:cool::D
    Teamshadowclan: Eddie Guerrero, HHH, Vince McMahon, Rey Mysterio, Lex Luger, Kevin Nash

Some whooper fueds jumping out of that roster. It's so funny that I instantly thought about HHH as the COO and completely forgot about him as "The Game". I'm guessing Rey and Eddie won't be hand in hand pals but will HHH be Vince's second son or will he be the torn in his side he has always been? Picking up Vince after aquiring HHH is a brilliant pick.
    Jester252: Mick Foley, Chris Jericho, Diamond Dallas Page, New Age Outlaws aka Billy Gunn and Road Dogg,MNM aka Joey Mercury & Johnny Nitro, Ken Shamrock

Bar the ass kicking machine that is Ken Shamrock your fed is laden with some of the best mic-men in the business. A lot of fantasy matchups for different eras. Both were heels during there main runs but if NAO and MNM are fighting for tag straps it could be enteraining as hell. Foley and Jericho are diamonds with their larger than life personalites.
    connemara man: Jeff Hardy. Bubba Ray Dudley, Mark Henry, Rikishi, Big E Langston, Brooke Tessmacher

Like beakerjoe and Goldberg, everybody will be looking at (IMO) your MVP Bully Ray. He should be a great character to write and having a glance of the others in you fed he might have met his match. He'll have to turn it upo ten-fold if he is to get the better of the like of Henry, Big E and Hardy.
    Campo: Austin Aries, The Rock, Alberto Del Rio, Andre the Giant, Chavo Guerrero & Hernandez

On par with Sammartino Andre is the biggest coup to draft in the pre-70s round. I always find it fascinating to see who he his placed with. Not sure whether you've set in place but if he's placed with any present roster member the result'll be great. I wait with bated breath to see The Rock rips the ar*e out of his many possible opponents.

waltersobchak: Mitsuharu Misawa & Kenta Kobashi, Brock Lesnar, Ricky Steamboat, Rowdy Roddy Piper, Jake The Snake Roberts

All HOF level talent. Was surprised that Jake didn't go earlier could be hugely interesting to see him get mixed up with somebody outside his era. The japs offer some stellar matches that could be awesome technical matchups or could be a good old JR slobberknocker. Since his debut and even more so with UFC escapades I've seen him as an absolute juggernaut. Will anyone control him?

Prop Joe: Christian, Randy Orton, Batista, Jeff Jarrett, The Big Show, David Otunga & Joe Hennig

IMO Best of the bunch when it comes to plucking the best from the present. I wonder will it be every man for himself or will we get any alliances. I was going to try get Jarrett and book him as the country singer prick that entered the WWF years ago but his stock has risen greatly since then. As has Hennig's since last year when I had him. Otunga is underated and am sure you'll have fun booking him.
    lebowskilite: Christopher Daniels & Evan Bourne, Edge, Mr Perfect & Scott Hall, Billy Graham, Bobby Roode, Awesome Kong & Aja Kong

Your roster again shows that everybody has top end talent throughout their feds. Looks like you are placing a title on Billy Graham. You wrote brilliantly for him last year,as you did with Daniels. Roode, Perfect, Edge and Hall all have that uppercard crediblty and their bouts if they cross paths should be intriging. Much like the comments I've made about the picks of Goldberg, Brock et el seeing the Kongs smash somebody shall be a joy.
    Furious-Red: AJ Styles, HBK, Kane, Mr. Anderson, The World's Greatest Tag Team aka Shelton Benjamin & Charlie Haas, Jimmy Uso & Jey Uso

The heart of TNA and WWE, AJ and HBK respectfully. I envigage some high-octane stuff from the likes of the above pair and the tag division you seem to be getting together. Kane is the enigma of the bunch, how will he fit in? Anderson has a serious mouth on him which helps in terms of sparking a fued.
    thebostoncrab: Nigel McGuinness, Chris Benoit, The Dynamite Kid, Arn Anderson & Tully Blanchard, Stan Hansen & Bruiser Brody, Jushin "Thunder" Liger

A peach of a grouping. ALL utter legends and ALL fit together like a hand in a glove. Real world J-cups are resricted by the talent present on the day. The Boards draft has no such troubles. Bar brawling duo all probably rank 10 in terms of pure old school wreslting technical abilty. Don't want to pre-empt anything but there is a "feud of the draft" trophy with your name on it if you pull it off.

Hashtag_HEEL: Chris Hero & Antonio Cesaro, Dolph Ziggler, Wade Barrett, Sheamus, MVP & Matt Hardy, Heath Slater

KOW is a mighty coup and even more so that Cesaro has "arrived" on the world stage and is doing the business. I'm shocked you are head scratching about Ziggler. The guy is gold and should/could easily have NWO:Anarchy written around him just pick his enemy. Barrett is a fine draftee, I've mention smarm in my reviews, provided you are heeling him make sure the bad news smarm is tuned up to 11.
    JP Liz V1: The American Wolves aka Davey Richards & Eddie Edwards, Kurt Angle, Damien Sandow, Bobby "The Brain" Heenan, Trish Stratus & Lita, International Airstrike aka Tyson Kidd & Justin Gabriel

Another super group. Lita and Trish rightfully so had everybody cursing you.It'll be interest to see if they are aligned with anyone or will you establish a bit of a woman division. Like a few some cracking tag teams in yours ranks could/should lead to some decent action in terms of matches and storylines. With Heenan and Sandow some comedy might be on the cards.
    A Brad Maddox Guy: Keji Mutoh, The Undertaker, Owen Hart & The British Bulldog, Dusty Rhodes, Booker T, Yokozuna

It say a lot for your roster when Dusty Rhodes doesn't jump out as being the Main Event man. You've implyed about Taker being pick as a response to Muta. Bit of a mouth watering storyline there. By the looks of your other talent it could be mono e mono which I think makes it even better. The jealous tag team love triangle between Owen, Bulldog and Zuna writes itself:p

mrkiscool2: Sami Zayn, Kevin Steen, Stone Cold Steve Austin, Fergal Devitt & Minoru, Bruno Sammartino, Sid Vicious

We all have an inking whats going down here. The question is will he tiptoe around the longest reigning champ of all time or is it a "Hi *two fingers up""job. Was thinking last night about where you place people on a card and was thinking Davitt(like Jericho/early 90s Bret) is probably the most perfect guy for that uppercard stallar match before the main-event.

That's that. Hope I haven't peeve anyone with the my critic. Second half down let's see who wins the race to draft Bastion Booger. Good luck guys.

My pick is up, 2 guys probably not the strongest in the ring but on the mic and feud wise they give me plenty of options

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Nice pick, i think Brays in ring ability has put others off, but the appeal of his character is so much greater.

And bring Bo Dallas with him gives you great options storyline wise

As for the celebrity round i think ill pass. No one really appeals to me except one lad who will be gone quickly I imagine.

Also thanks Shag and MNG for the kinds words.

• Advertisement

Think Bray could be great to write for and if you are going to start a family (might be convenient later with draft picks 13, 14 & 15 when the big names are gone) why not start with his brother.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement