Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PW Draft 2014 - Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

Think Bray could be great to write for and if you are going to start a family (might be convenient later with draft picks 13, 14 & 15 when the big names are gone) why not start with his brother.

I have big plans for Bray ( I think him and the Rock could be very interesting over the mic ) only issue I now have is I have 2 tag teams gone and have at least 5 in mind to pick.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,481 ✭✭✭brianregan09

I'm surprised Bray last so long and great idea bringing BO with him too , He's such a dickhead heel in NXT can't wait to see what you can do with him it should be unBOlievable

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

campo wrote: »
    I have big plans for Bray ( I think him and the Rock could be very interesting over the mic ) only issue I now have is I have 2 tag teams gone and have at least 5 in mind to pick.....

Could be worse, could have 4 gone already like I do and still want to take a few more :(

very strongly considering using up my 5 team limit in my next pick unless I go the celeb route.

Could be worse, could have 4 gone already like I do and still want to take a few more :(

very strongly considering using up my 5 team limit in my next pick unless I go the celeb route.

What round does the House Show thread open up at?

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭lebowskilite

'bout round 10 iirc? Didn't open last year until about March!

• Advertisement

It used to be around rd10/11 as at that point you would have 5 picks left and you could write up a show between picks (obviously didnt have to but it was the idea of the time available if you were to do so many) and produce enough to have a full month of Raws (or whatever you called your show, I always went with the easy BWA Raw) and a PPV done before the deadline. Deadline is normally set when we are finishing up drafting and allows you time after all picks are done to get your shows up in the evaluation thread.

might be different this time as it's usually at least a little bit different each time especially with talk of 3 picks in one go (rd13/14/15 i assume) at the end, however that might not mean the evaluation thread is open earlier as so far this year we are doing well pace wise and perhaps we will just have a bit longer at the end to put up shows who knows.

Ok for us newcomers what is the House Show round ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Id imagine its where anyone from the world of wrestling post 70 is available, am I correct?

Ok for us newcomers what is the House Show round ?

Another thread will be opened called the evaluation thread (see the OP of this thread - for a link to last years) where you can post your shows i.e The Raws building up to your PPV and your PPV or perhaps as some have in the past simply post run downs of your feud and then your PPV. You dont actually have to post shows but one section of the voting will be based on your PPV so you should at least submit a PPV card to be eligable for votes in that and obviously the more developed your card is for instance with feuds that have been explaining and fleshed out on shows building to it, the more likely people are to vote for you as the best.

I would assume thats what Campo is referring to although in the past some people had "house shows" when just for the laugh they combined their rosters and booked a PPV style house show (seperate from the draft) for the laugh.

Another thread will be opened called the evaluation thread (see the OP of this thread - for a link to last years) where you can post your shows i.e The Raws building up to your PPV and your PPV or perhaps as some have in the past simply post run downs of your feud and then your PPV. You dont actually have to post shows but one section of the voting will be based on your PPV so you should at least submit a PPV card to be eligable for votes in that and obviously the more developed your card is for instance with feuds that have been explaining and fleshed out on shows building to it, the more likely people are to vote for you as the best.

I would assume thats what Campo is referring to although in the past some people had "house shows" when just for the laugh they combined their rosters and booked a PPV style house show (seperate from the draft) for the laugh.

Nope you explained it perfectly

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

Pick made pm sent.. In work so ill edit my pick later

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Id imagine its where anyone from the world of wrestling post 70 is available, am I correct?

There has been a round before where all eligibility rules are dropped with regards where you would have to have competed etc (atm you have to have appeared in WWE, WCW, TNA or a NWA affiliate iirc) but I dont think that was what was being refered to as the house show round

And there goes The Texas Tornado. A guy on my list but hes not a priority. Best thing about kerry is that he could have been big, Hogan big IMO and his personal demons meant we will never know. But with him in the draft, he has a lot of possibilities as to what he could of achieved.

yup had Kerry in the BWA before and def think that at this stage he is great value

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭lebowskilite

In terms of stips that change eligibility I think last year there was a pre-70s round, a celebrity round, an Indy round (wrestled for any promotion), and then a round where you could pick anyone at all. Roman Abramovich was picked in that round, I recall.

In terms of stips that change eligibility I think last year there was a pre-70s round, a celebrity round, an Indy round (wrestled for any promotion), and then a round where you could pick anyone at all. Roman Abramovich was picked in that round, I recall.

thats corrrect iirc although that may have been a loophole cleverly exploited by the man who already had Mourinho from the celebs round. I might be wrong about that but id imagine if its done again they might have it that anyone at all from the world of wrestling is eligible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

Damnit, Walt and I are on the same page I think, because Kerry was top of my list for the next round. Was hoping the celeb picks would result in him slipping through the cracks for me. Great pick!

Had Melischif more than once in the BWA, very good pick and potentially a good start to a division or a good feud in the making

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Happy with that, I had others in mind but I have good plans for them, and besides who want's a total sausage fest? :pac: Gotta get some of the wimmins on there and few better imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Happy to get one of my favourite monster heels.

• Advertisement

Two great picks guys :D , I'm gonna forgo the Celebrity thing i think and go with more Wrestling guy/guys :D

I wanted to pick a Celeb i really did but i can't think of anyone who fits in with my roster at the moment most of the ideas I had was picking a celeb i don't like and have them murdered each week by a diffrent wrestler lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Bam Bam and Vader, fine choices.

Moneymaker wrote: »
    Bam Bam and Vader, fine choices.

Both bigelow and kanyon are in mind for a big feue..... Possibly against eachother

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,365 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Vader lasting a good while as did Bam good picks.

Well there ya go guys 1st pics in the Celebs round...are not celebs have at it :D

Psicosis and LA Parka teamed together in WCW and WWA down in Mexico on and off now im not 100% sure if it was 3 months, although im pretty sure it is , I've no problem if someone objects to it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

I'll defiantly pick a celeb! Stuck between two ATM but I'm sure I'll have a fair idea come my pick.

Vader was the choice I wanted to feud against Andre the Giant really hoped he we slip through next round

yep Vader had been near the top of my list for the past few rounds, only for the fact that I went the tag route id def have taken him before now and at this stage he is esp good value.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭Prop Joe

Had hopes for bam bam myself,I'm no.20 this round and I have 3 guys that I really need and none of them tag teams,really hope they slip through.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

ARNOLD%2BSCHWARZENEGGER12.gif2035%20-%20autoplay_gif%20gif%20vince_mcmahon%20wwf.gif

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement