Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PW Draft 2014 - Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

campo wrote: »
    As I said earlier I think the celeb stip round should be dumped next year, just feels a waste of a stip round for me

Maybe leaving it til nearer the end when most people will have their rosters pretty much sorted and a celeb is brought in just to ramp up the star factor? Can't see myself using it in this round unless I'm desparately unlucky and everybody on my list is taken before my go :P

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

campo wrote: »
    As I said earlier I think the celeb stip round should be dumped next year, just feels a waste of a stip round for me

think I said before id mix it with another round for example in this round you could pick a celeb, pick a pre-70s guy or make a normal pick. I know for me anyway having done this a number of times before the allure of celebs is gone as having seen so many booked in so many ways already the special attraction feel of them is non existant now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

Sorry guys had no idea I was next.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,482 ✭✭✭brianregan09

I think a better stip would be have any celeb not just someone related to the wrestling world that definitely limits the choices you have

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

Damnit, Finlay was top of my list for this round, hope plan B lasts but I have a feeling he won't

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,968 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

It's breaking my heart seeing top talent drop like flies. I've come up with a great celeb angle and I think I might give it a miss.

Cheeky to ask but does skipping on my celeb this round (one I know nobody wants) mean I've missed my chance?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,305 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

The Shat Show returns to LWE :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

Bad photo shop pick and pm sent
    Im happier now I had lost a few I wanted but that is the game

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭Prop Joe

What a great choice shatner is,so many angles for him,well done

Shatner is a good celeb promo gold same with springer

• Advertisement

looks like The Nation is coming back with Connemara man and yeah I think Shatner is gold for Liz and obviously The Jerry Springer show could work perfectly as a wrestling talk show a la Jerichos highlight reel etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,482 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Ok I just want to be clear is there definitly not going to be a round where guys can be stolen from our rosters ? Because i want to start writing up my 1st show and don't want to waste my time if someone steals my **** lol

Ok I just want to be clear is there definitly not going to be a round where guys can be stolen from our rosters ? Because i want to start writing up my 1st show and don't want to waste my time if someone steals my **** lol

afaik TSC said that stip which was controversial with some last year would not be repeated although who knows what other ones he has in mind for us this year. Wouldnt think the next round will be a stip anyway as we are in the middle of one but its around now we get the next round draw (5 or so to go) so we will probably find out soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭lebowskilite

Even if there were such a round, no one would actually be taken off your roster - rather they would be being written for on two rosters concurrently. I doubt such a round will be repeated.

looks like The Nation is coming back with Connemara man and yeah I think Shatner is gold for Liz and obviously The Jerry Springer show could work perfectly as a wrestling talk show a la Jerichos highlight reel etc

I would of liked to have farooq aswell but im happy as is. My Plans aren't groundbreaking but I think I'd enjoy a show set up like im planning and well thats all I can hope for.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Worth noting that last year, the stip was never to "steal" someone from another roster, and I'd personally not like to see someone pick someone and lose them. Last year, some got duplicated, not stolen. If you pick someone, they are yours. Last year, they werent yours alone, nessecarily, but you never lost them.

Just sent a PM to TSC to check eligibility of my pick. I'm not up next anyway so in no rush.

Just sent a PM to TSC to check eligibility of my pick. I'm not up next anyway so in no rush.

I've kinda plagued him. The man has some patience fo this craic

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

I love that stip. :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Sorry guys, Im literally stuck in two minds about a pick.

Give me 30 mins

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Sorry guys, Im literally stuck in two minds about a pick.

Give me 30 mins

Ah I so wanted James Storm....queue reply of

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Truthfully, I didn't want him. I can use him. Never expected him to be available.

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Truthfully, I didn't want him. I can use him. Never expected him to be available.

You were meant to say....Sorry about your damn luck

Just putting it out there if I get an interesting offer for Andre The Giant I may be open to a trade

Saw that they were picked together last year so safe to assume they were an eligible tag pick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

I'm torn between two different picks at the minute. So I might take a while. Also, TSC are you putting up the next round order soon?

We're flying.
    Still to pick
    18. Mrkiscool
    19. TBC
    20. Prop Joe

ROUND EIGHT!

No stips, so go nuts.

1. Hashtag Heel
    2. Shagnastii
    3. Prop Joe
    4. Beakerjoe
    5. Furious Red
    6. Moneymaker
    7. Lebowskilite
    8. TBC
    9. JPLiz
    10. A Brad Maddox Guy
    11. Mrkiscool
    12. Connemara man
    13. Waltersobchak
    14. MNG
    15. Raf32
    16. Campo
    17. Bounty Hunter
    18. TeamShadowClan
    19. Jester252
    20. BrianRegan

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭Prop Joe

my next 2 picks were storm and x-pac & bob holly....And they lasted so long....I was so close

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

DAMNIT!!!!!!

Was about to pick The Briscoes and wrote story notes for them.

Gonna post mine within the next 30 minutes, gotta make some decisions on my wrestler list

• Advertisement

Was going to pick X Pac if he was still available :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement