Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PW Draft 2014 - Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Man i've been absurdly lucky with the drawing order.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,482 ✭✭✭brianregan09

I was too up until this one dead last lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭Prop Joe

Can some1 please PM who is next,on the blower so I'm limited,Also I hoped for the briscoes but I thought Jay was a world Champ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

PM sent to Hashtag

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭lebowskilite

Ah James Storm - I was tempted to pair him with Roode but I think Bobby is destined for singles competition this year...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

Prop Joe wrote: »
    Can some1 please PM who is next,on the blower so I'm limited,Also I hoped for the briscoes but I thought Jay was a world Champ?

The ROH World Title doesn't count towards the tag rule :)

The ROH World Title doesn't count towards the tag rule :)

T&Cs in post #1 of the Picks thread.

T&Cs in post #1 of the Picks thread.

Yup, you can pick from the ROH roster but their belt won't affect your tag rule

Well I've started writing my 1st ever show for this....Quick question do we get any feedback on our shows ? in other words if my shows are crap i'd like to know lol

Look at previous years at the kind of style and standard that's considered good. Sure do a write up and see how it compares to others over the years

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

Well I've started writing my 1st ever show for this....Quick question do we get any feedback on our shows ? in other words if my shows are crap i'd like to know lol

Post in up in the Evaluation thread. People will normally give you feedback on all your shows

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

For those writing shows, I'll start the evaluation topic at the same time I post up the 10th round draft order :) For first timers, that topic will be where you post what you write.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,305 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I like the stip round where you pick for someone's else roster

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I like the stip round where you pick for someone's else roster

I'm the opposite, I have no problem with rolling with stips but if this didn't return I'd be delighted!

Any one want to be a volunteer for me to send my 1st segment ? via pm just so i can make sure i'm on the right track , Sorry for the annoyance i try and strive to the be the best at anything i do lol

I'm the opposite, I have no problem with rolling with stips but if this didn't return I'd be delighted!

Hard to please everyone with stips :p its all down to Teamshadowclan anyways

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

I like it but only if it's an extra pick as I and id imagine some others have already planned out how to use our remaining picks and as a result I'll probably need them all to complete my plans instead of using one of my gos on someone elses roster and then shoehorning whoever I get into the place I had in mind for someone else.

If it is done where it is pick and then also pick someone for someone elses roster I'd be more than happy to see it return.

*think its been done both ways before

hmm 17th this round, suppose I havent really had a bad draw yet and although its worse than the best ive had (not counting rd 1 as the order was reversed for the first non stip rd) I'll survive and hopefully get who I want anyway.

Ive all my feuds laid out. Just have to get the personnel in. Most of my roles are interchangeable but obviously some guys will work much better than others.

Still so many great picks left. I was surprised at James Storm, Vader and Jerry Lawler going so late IMO.

Shocked at the addition of Buff Bagwell so early. Prop Joe obviously has an idea in mind for Buff Daddy.

Mr.Nice Guy: CM Punk, Hulk Hogan, The Road Warriors aka Hawk and Animal, Nick Bockwinkel & Ray Stevens, AJ Lee & Kaitlyn, Big Van Vader, Jerry The King Lawler

Raf32: Raven, Sting, RVD, JBL, Ron Simmons, The Miz, Test & Albert

Bounty Hunter: Bret Hart, Hiroshi Tanahashi & Shinsuke Nakamura, Ted Dibiase Snr & Steve Williams, Terry Funk, The Fabulous Freebirds aka Michael "P.S." Hayes & Terry Gordy, Demolition aka Ax & Smash, Team Co-Bro aka Santino Marella & Zack Ryder

brianregan09: Samoa Joe, Seth Rollins & Roman Reigns, Tazz, Rhyno, Big Bossman & One Man Gang, Ryback, La Parka & Psicosis

Moneymaker: Daniel Bryan, Randy Savage, Goldust & Cody Rhodes, Brian Pillman, William Regal, MsChif & Cheerleader Melissa, Lance Storm

beakerjoe: Soloman Crowe & Dean Ambrose, Goldberg, Okada, Ravishing Rick Rude, Ethan Carter & Fandango,Bam Bam Bigelow & Chris Kanyon, James Storm

Teamshadowclan: Eddie Guerrero, HHH, Vince McMahon, Rey Mysterio, Lex Luger, Kevin Nash, Arnold Schwarzenegger

ShagNasti: Ric Flair, John Cena, Ultimate Warrior, Jesse The Body Ventura & Adorable Adrian Adonis, Scott Steiner, Enzo Amore, Jerry Springer

Jester252: Mick Foley, Chris Jericho, Diamond Dallas Page, New Age Outlaws aka Billy Gunn and Road Dogg,MNM aka Joey Mercury & Johnny Nitro, Ken Shamrock, Finlay

connemara man: Jeff Hardy' Bubba Ray Dudley, Mark Henry, Rikishi, Big E Langston, Brooke Tessmacher, The Godfather & D'Lo Brown

Campo: Austin Aries, The Rock, Alberto Del Rio, Andre the Giant, Chavo Guerrero & Hernandez, Bray Wyatt & Bo Dallas, Mike Rotunda

waltersobchak: Mitsuharu Misawa & Kenta Kobashi, Brock Lesnar, Ricky Steamboat, Rowdy Roddy Piper, Jake The Snake Roberts, Kerry Von Erich, The Iron Sheik

Prop Joe: Christian, Randy Orton, Batista, Jeff Jarrett, The Big Show, David Otunga & Joe Hennig, Buff Bagwell

lebowskilite: Christopher Daniels & Evan Bourne, Edge, Mr Perfect & Scott Hall, Billy Graham, Bobby Roode, Awesome Kong & Aja Kong, The Dynamic Dudes aka Johnny Ace & Shane Douglas

Furious-Red: AJ Styles, HBK, Kane, Mr. Anderson, The World's Greatest Tag Team aka Shelton Benjamin & Charlie Haas, Jimmy Uso & Jey Uso, Billy Kidman & Paul London

thebostoncrab: Nigel McGuinness, Chris Benoit, The Dynamite Kid, Arn Anderson & Tully Blanchard, Stan Hansen & Bruiser Brody, Jushin "Thunder" Liger, The Extreme Horseman aka Steve Corino & CW Anderson

Hashtag_HEEL: Chris Hero & Antonio Cesaro, Dolph Ziggler, Wade Barrett, Sheamus, MVP & Matt Hardy, Heath Slater, Rockstar Spud

JP Liz V1: The American Wolves aka Davey Richards & Eddie Edwards, Kurt Angle, Damien Sandow, Bobby "The Brain" Heenan, Trish Stratus & Lita, International Airstrike aka Tyson Kidd & Justin Gabriel, William Shatner

A Brad Maddox Guy: Keji Mutoh, The Undertaker, Owen Hart & The British Bulldog, Dusty Rhodes, Booker T, Yokozuna, X-Pac & Hardcore Bob Holly

mrkiscool2: Sami Zayn, Kevin Steen, Stone Cold Steve Austin, Fergal Devitt & Minoru, Bruno Sammartino, Sid Vicious, Ultimo Dragon, Jay & Mark Briscoe

Cheers Liz added to the Op of the picks thread

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Was really hoping for a top ten draw this time. :(

Any one want to be a volunteer for me to send my 1st segment ?

go for it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭Kankan14

Any one want to be a volunteer for me to send my 1st segment ? via pm just so i can make sure i'm on the right track , Sorry for the annoyance i try and strive to the be the best at anything i do lol

I'll have a read through it in the morning if you like. Not taking part in this but followed it keenly last year and this year to this point!

EDIT: just saw Lebow volunteered, carry on :)

Already had a nosy at his write up, He will do fine

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

Are there any rules for the content of the write ups or can I write whatever I want? Like can my feuds and characters be as ridiculous as I want or should characters be in line with one of their real life personas?

I'll have a read over some of the shows from last year before writing anything final anyway, just can't at the minute.

Thanks to the lads who read my 1st bit pretty confident i can do this now :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Bah, was hoping to get another pick in tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

Are there any rules for the content of the write ups or can I write whatever I want? Like can my feuds and characters be as ridiculous as I want or should characters be in line with one of their real life personas?

I'll have a read over some of the shows from last year before writing anything final anyway, just can't at the minute.

No rules you could make your top pick a jobber if you so wish

Mr.Nice Guy: CM Punk, Hulk Hogan, The Road Warriors aka Hawk and Animal, Nick Bockwinkel & Ray Stevens, AJ Lee & Kaitlyn, Big Van Vader, Jerry The King Lawler

Your the defending champion and although you have had some bad luck with when you were drafted I think you have picked very well to make up for it. Getting Vader and Lawler so late is a great move, AJ & Kaithlyn are the Trish & AJ of the moment in terms of boards popularity and CM Punk vs Hogan is money, you will be a contender again this year no doubt in my mind

T & A with no Trish makes me a sad Panda but I must say I am really intrigued by the preospect of Raven vs Sting especially seing as you went straight for Raven even when he probably could have been gotten later so def have something in mind. Then add in big charachters like JBL & RVD and yours could be interesting.

Bounty Hunter: Bret Hart, Hiroshi Tanahashi & Shinsuke Nakamura, Ted Dibiase Snr & Steve Williams, Terry Funk, The Fabulous Freebirds aka Michael "P.S." Hayes & Terry Gordy, Demolition aka Ax & Smash, Team Co-Bro aka Santino Marella & Zack Ryder

Think I will struggle to put together the 2nd main event I have already started writing an angle for and might have to scrap some of my other plans to reshuffle the card im going for but otherwise im fairly happy with my picks

brianregan09: Samoa Joe, Seth Rollins & Roman Reigns, Tazz, Rhyno, Big Bossman & One Man Gang, Ryback, La Parka & Psicosis

You know I wanted Reigns and I must say I can't wait to see what you do with him, I saw a sneak peak earlier and like what I read and personally think you will do well with characters like Ryback too who werent even mentioned in what I saw. Like the ECW vibe to the roster too and can imagine the fans chanting RCW RCW RCW already

Moneymaker: Daniel Bryan, Randy Savage, Goldust & Cody Rhodes, Brian Pillman, William Regal, MsChif & Cheerleader Melissa, Lance Storm

Not only huge characters but great workers galore here from the over the top Goldust and loose cannon Pillman to the serious one Lance Storm this roster will deliver in ring and with regards storylines and thats without mentioning how awesome Bryan, Savage & Regal are (though maybe you missed a trick by not taking Regal/Storm together as a tag and now having an extra pick)

beakerjoe: Soloman Crowe & Dean Ambrose, Goldberg, Okada, Ravishing Rick Rude, Ethan Carter & Fandango,Bam Bam Bigelow & Chris Kanyon, James Storm

This roster is one that I really dont know what to expect from and in an odd way that has me looking forward to it more than most. I think Fandangoo & Ethan Carter not to mention Ambrose & Crowe could be great characters to write for meanwhile Goldberg & Okada are obviously great talents so this roster could surprise

Teamshadowclan: Eddie Guerrero, HHH, Vince McMahon, Rey Mysterio, Lex Luger, Kevin Nash, Arnold Schwarzenegger

Steroids scandal, what Steroids scandal. CM Punk/Hogan could push it close but I think yours will have the one big storyline that im most interested in as I see your whole roster fitting into that story in some form or another. Everyone has such history and most likely chemistry with each other this group is bound to produce some great moments

ShagNasti: Ric Flair, John Cena, Ultimate Warrior, Jesse The Body Ventura & Adorable Adrian Adonis, Scott Steiner, Enzo Amore, Jerry Springer

Flair vs Cena is money assuming thats what you do and I do love me some scott Steiner (vs Warrior could be hilariously good) stuck them and Ventura and co on Springer and this could be the comedic hit with drawing star power that becomes a surprise contender for the title

Jester252: Mick Foley, Chris Jericho, Diamond Dallas Page, New Age Outlaws aka Billy Gunn and Road Dogg,MNM aka Joey Mercury & Johnny Nitro, Ken Shamrock, Finlay

I think your writing could decide if your a favourite or making up the numbers. Okay I could say that about anyone but your roster is stacked with mic magicians like Foley, Jericho, DDP and Road Dogg and if used right they could be gold.

connemara man: Jeff Hardy' Bubba Ray Dudley, Mark Henry, Rikishi, Big E Langston, Brooke Tessmacher, The Godfather & D'Lo Brown

Reading this all I can think about is a new Nation (and Brooke's ass), very interested to see how you handle them as a group assuming you do that and if their opponent will be a group too

Campo: Austin Aries, The Rock, Alberto Del Rio, Andre the Giant, Chavo Guerrero & Hernandez, Bray Wyatt & Bo Dallas, Mike Rotunda

I Wanted IRS but the moment The Wyatt Family began I knew he was going to your brand. Aeries and the rock seems the logical way to gobut who knows Del Rio showed last year with MNG how good he could be to write for (if only the WWE writers realised this) and even Andre could add something to the mix. People often find it hard to write for Andre but im curious what you come for with him (if you cant think of anything ill give you Dr Death for him but yeah that wont work) as I think a good feud there aswell as your main event and Wyatt angle and your promotion could be another dark horse,

waltersobchak: Mitsuharu Misawa & Kenta Kobashi, Brock Lesnar, Ricky Steamboat, Rowdy Roddy Piper, Jake The Snake Roberts, Kerry Von Erich, The Iron Sheik

Will it be too many cooks spoil the broth for WECWF? I almost hope so as this roster is stacked with great names and talent and almost no matter how you combine them on a card I will be very intrigued and honestly consider you one of the frontrunners atm

Prop Joe: Christian, Randy Orton, Batista, Jeff Jarrett, The Big Show, David Otunga & Joe Hennig, Buff Bagwell

Buff Bagwell caught me off guard, I wonder do you have a big plan for him, otherwise you have some big characters and a lot of talent in there plus yoouve got Liz's vote already thanks to Christian

lebowskilite: Christopher Daniels & Evan Bourne, Edge, Mr Perfect & Scott Hall, Billy Graham, Bobby Roode, Awesome Kong & Aja Kong, The Dynamic Dudes aka Johnny Ace & Shane Douglas

A couple of picks here Ive made before myself (Double Kong & Laurenitis) and a few I wanted myself (Karma & Hall/Perfect) already has me curious as does Billy Graham who I think could be a much bigger player on a roster than some might think. Don;t think id be great at writting for Edge but when you add him to the mix your roster looks very strong

Furious-Red: AJ Styles, HBK, Kane, Mr. Anderson, The World's Greatest Tag Team aka Shelton Benjamin & Charlie Haas, Jimmy Uso & Jey Uso, Billy Kidman & Paul London

Im a big fan of the Usos and along with the other 2 of your last 3 picks your tag devision looks great combine that with a potential main event like AJ/HBK and iirc your good writing from previous draft and we may have a dark horse here

thebostoncrab: Nigel McGuinness, Chris Benoit, The Dynamite Kid, Arn Anderson & Tully Blanchard, Stan Hansen & Bruiser Brody, Jushin "Thunder" Liger, The Extreme Horseman aka Steve Corino & CW Anderson

Extremely... talented tough bastards wrestling (TTBW) is what your roster could be called as thats how I feel about em and I love it, after your previous draft efforts (which your roster has some continuity in relation to) im looking forward to your shows and imo you will be in the top group unless something surprising happens

Hashtag_HEEL: Chris Hero & Antonio Cesaro, Dolph Ziggler, Wade Barrett, Sheamus, MVP & Matt Hardy, Heath Slater, Rockstar Spud

I'm confused by you not being able to think of someone to feud with Ziggler think he is a great foil for many people, once you get that right though I know ill be into your Euro title plans and if you strap a rocket to Cesaro ill be all for it and your promotion will get 2 thumbs up from this guy

JP Liz V1: The American Wolves aka Davey Richards & Eddie Edwards, Kurt Angle, Damien Sandow, Bobby "The Brain" Heenan, Trish Stratus & Lita, International Airstrike aka Tyson Kidd & Justin Gabriel, William Shatner

A Lady booking argueably the two biggest ladies in PW has me curious, Angle vs anyone at all is gold and Heenan potentially going toe to toe with Shatner on the Mic... take my money now! tbc....

A Brad Maddox Guy: Keji Mutoh, The Undertaker, Owen Hart & The British Bulldog, Dusty Rhodes, Booker T, Yokozuna, X-Pac & Hardcore Bob Holly

Really like the feel to this roster and would like to book it myself to be honest, Always wanted to book for Taker and him vs Muta seems the way your going and could work great. I wanted Owen & Bulldog at one point to restart the foundation and I must say with them Dusty, Booker & Yoko among other your undercard will be very strong and you could be a new contender to the crown if your writing is up to scratch

mrkiscool2: Sami Zayn, Kevin Steen, Stone Cold Steve Austin, Fergal Devitt & Minoru, Bruno Sammartino, Sid Vicious, Ultimo Dragon, Jay & Mark Briscoe

Former BWA champions Bruno Sammartino & SCSA on one roster together hmmm, then you throw inThe Irish man Devitt that i'd say would improve any roster and some great characters and names like you have gotten to go with them and again we may have another new challenger for MNGs crown here

Every year people always go on about the standard improving but this year has been a weird one for me. Many big names even now are still available to be drafted but I think everyone has a plan of some sort and almost everyone seems to be a real threat this year, so hard to real any roster out atm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

Your the defending champion and although you have had some bad luck with when you were drafted I think you have picked very well to make up for it. Getting Vader and Lawler so late is a great move, AJ & Kaithlyn are the Trish & AJ of the moment in terms of boards popularity and CM Punk vs Hogan is money, you will be a contender again this year no doubt in my mind

T & A with no Trish makes me a sad Panda but I must say I am really intrigued by the preospect of Raven vs Sting especially seing as you went straight for Raven even when he probably could have been gotten later so def have something in mind. Then add in big charachters like JBL & RVD and yours could be interesting.

Think I will struggle to put together the 2nd main event I have already started writing an angle for and might have to scrap some of my other plans to reshuffle the card im going for but otherwise im fairly happy with my picks

You know I wanted Reigns and I must say I can't wait to see what you do with him, I saw a sneak peak earlier and like what I read and personally think you will do well with characters like Ryback too who werent even mentioned in what I saw. Like the ECW vibe to the roster too and can imagine the fans chanting RCW RCW RCW already

Not only huge characters but great workers galore here from the over the top Goldust and loose cannon Pillman to the serious one Lance Storm this roster will deliver in ring and with regards storylines and thats without mentioning how awesome Bryan, Savage & Regal are (though maybe you missed a trick by not taking Regal/Storm together as a tag and now having an extra pick)

This roster is one that I really dont know what to expect from and in an odd way that has me looking forward to it more than most. I think Fandangoo & Ethan Carter not to mention Ambrose & Crowe could be great characters to write for meanwhile Goldberg & Okada are obviously great talents so this roster could surprise

Steroids scandal, what Steroids scandal. CM Punk/Hogan could push it close but I think yours will have the one big storyline that im most interested in as I see your whole roster fitting into that story in some form or another. Everyone has such history and most likely chemistry with each other this group is bound to produce some great moments

Flair vs Cena is money assuming thats what you do and I do love me some scott Steiner (vs Warrior could be hilariously good) stuck them and Ventura and co on Springer and this could be the comedic hit with drawing star power that becomes a surprise contender for the title

I think your writing could decide if your a favourite or making up the numbers. Okay I could say that about anyone but your roster is stacked with mic magicians like Foley, Jericho, DDP and Road Dogg and if used right they could be gold.

Reading this all I can think about is a new Nation (and Brooke's ass), very interested to see how you handle them as a group assuming you do that and if their opponent will be a group too

Will it be too many cooks spoil the broth for WECWF? I almost hope so as this roster is stacked with great names and talent and almost no matter how you combine them on a card I will be very intrigued and honestly consider you one of the frontrunners atm

Buff Bagwell caught me off guard, I wonder do you have a big plan for him, otherwise you have some big characters and a lot of talent in there plus yoouve got Liz's vote already thanks to Christian

A couple of picks here Ive made before myself (Double Kong & Laurenitis) and a few I wanted myself (Karma & Hall/Perfect) already has me curious as does Billy Graham who I think could be a much bigger player on a roster than some might think. Don;t think id be great at writting for Edge but when you add him to the mix your roster looks very strong

Im a big fan of the Usos and along with the other 2 of your last 3 picks your tag devision looks great combine that with a potential main event like AJ/HBK and iirc your good writing from previous draft and we may have a dark horse here

Extremely... talented tough bastards wrestling (TTBW) is what your roster could be called as thats how I feel about em and I love it, after your previous draft efforts (which your roster has some continuity in relation to) im looking forward to your shows and imo you will be in the top group unless something surprising happens

I'm confused by you not being able to think of someone to feud with Ziggler think he is a great foil for many people, once you get that right though I know ill be into your Euro title plans and if you strap a rocket to Cesaro ill be all for it and your promotion will get 2 thumbs up from this guy

A Lady booking argueably the two biggest ladies in PW has me curious, Angle vs anyone at all is gold and Heenan potentially going toe to toe with Shatner on the Mic... take my money now! tbc....

Really like the feel to this roster and would like to book it myself to be honest, Always wanted to book for Taker and him vs Muta seems the way your going and could work great. I wanted Owen & Bulldog at one point to restart the foundation and I must say with them Dusty, Booker & Yoko among other your undercard will be very strong and you could be a new contender to the crown if your writing is up to scratch

Former BWA champions Bruno Sammartino & SCSA on one roster together hmmm, then you throw inThe Irish man Devitt that i'd say would improve any roster and some great characters and names like you have gotten to go with them and again we may have another new challenger for MNGs crown here

Every year people always go on about the standard improving but this year has been a weird one for me. Many big names even now are still available to be drafted but I think everyone has a plan of some sort and almost everyone seems to be a real threat this year, so hard to real any roster out atm

Ah did you forget someone

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement