Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PW Draft 2014 - Discussion Thread

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

any chance these draft threads could be stickied, so those not taking part can work around them easier?

The picks thread most likely will be (when I get home from work) this one has always been active enough in the past though that it wasnt needed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,968 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Annnnd were off. R.I.P my time and productiveness.

Noooice stip to get us going. Many many big names to be fished.

Good luck to all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

Great stip, all 20 should be able to leave this round with great talents!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

There's two lads I've go my my eye on. Really want to have them feud so hopefully they'll be around for a bit, I doubt it though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

both ROH guys?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

beakerjoe wrote: »
    both ROH guys?

Yep. Really eger to get at least one of them throughout the draft.

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭lebowskilite

Great Stip if I wasn't 14th :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

Great Stip if I wasn't 14th :p
    Hey, means your 7th for the next round which is good! I'm 20th so I have like 9 guys (8 really, one is a tag team) that I would love to get from this Stip and if they are taken well I'll just have to find someone else and rethink my strategy for my round 2 pick!

Ah yes, I'm well aware of that upshot don't worry :D

Im hoping for one ROH guy who id love to have, if I cant get him theres other talented guys I can grab. Being pick six I reckon ill get him if other guys ahead of me go for bigger marque names

• Advertisement

after only now getting home and having the chance to see the stip and have a quick look at some potential picks i'd have actually loved to have gotten the opposite draw in the order, 18th now and 3rd in the next round - I've a feeling I coulda picked up a great choice later in this round considering the smart stip (that said people here generally know their stuff so all the top choices could be gone too). Considering the role reversal I wonder will the next round be a stip round too.

Ive a quick question about the celebrity round (if there is one)

I was looking and I just assumed that the celebrity had to be wrestling related. Then I saw Jose Mourinho picked.

My question does teh celebrity have to be wrestling related?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Jose once appeared on WWE Raw. Although he was only in the crowd, Shane McMahon challanged him to a fight. So he has always been considered technically available :P

Ive a quick question about the celebrity round (if there is one)

I was looking and I just assumed that the celebrity had to be wrestling related. Then I saw Jose Mourinho picked.

My question does teh celebrity have to be wrestling related?

Mourinho appeared on a Raw iirc with Shane O Mac ripping into him or something akin to that, I think that one may have been a bit dicey as generally the idea was that he had to do more than just be in the crowd though and I can't remember (he was allowed so maybe he did) if he did have a bigger part in a show once.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Are these ROH picks graded on the strength of their ROH career only, or their entire career?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

Moneymaker wrote: »
    Are these ROH picks graded on the strength of their ROH career only, or their entire career?

How do you mean?

I assumed once that person had wrestled or appeared in ROH at least once, he could be picked!

^That's it, yeah.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

I assumed once that person had wrestled or appeared in ROH at least once, he could be picked!

Yes just to clarify he does not matter if he/she appeared once on ROH or their entire career, just as long as they made an appeareance

2nd question;

If we pick a guy is he judged on his condition today or on the peak of his career?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

Moneymaker wrote: »
    2nd question;

If we pick a guy is he judged on his condition today or on the peak of his career?

The peak of his career but really it's up to you how you write him in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

cant wait to start this now, have my pen and page at the ready to get cracking on the stories

You can write them at any point in their career I think.

Raf32 wrote: »
    cant wait to start this now, have my pen and page at the ready to get cracking on the stories

Ive a keyboard..... Yes I've already an advantage! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,481 ✭✭✭brianregan09

hahahaha lucky or what my 1st year and i get 4th pick :D is it just one pick on the 1st go ya ? As in one wrestler eactime so when im 16th on the second go i pick one too

hahahaha lucky or what my 1st year and i get 4th pick :D is it just one pick on the 1st go ya ? As in one wrestler eactime so when im 16th on the second go i pick one too

You can pick a tag team or former tag team once there are no previous world champions on the team

As a draft newbie myself, I can easily say my thoughts are "Where the hell is MNG?" Only dying to get this started with my free weekend. :pac:

As a draft newbie myself, I can easily say my thoughts are "Where the hell is MNG?" Only dying to get this started with my free weekend. :pac:

He probably doesent know hes first up yet but 1 word of advice get used to it... the anxious waits for your go as you wonder if the person your waiting for will take all the picks you want

He probably doesent know hes first up yet but 1 word of advice get used to it... the anxious waits for your go as you wonder if the person your waiting for will take all the picks you want

As you always did in every football draft.

****er. :pac::pac::pac:

• Advertisement

speak of the devil ands he shall appear!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement