Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PW Draft 2014 - Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

beakerjoe wrote: »
    If he had only one match, like say Floyd Mayweather then I say no. However, if he has had more than one then id be fine with it.

Think he only had the one. His and Tito's run was purely to build up to a fight on Bellator as far as I can recall. It makes no difference to me whether this pick is allowed or not, but even Snooki & Maria Menounos have wrestled and they're definitely just celebs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

Think he only had the one. His and Tito's run was purely to build up to a fight on Bellator as far as I can recall. It makes no difference to me whether this pick is allowed or not, but even Snooki & Maria Menounos have wrestled and they're definitely just celebs.

I'd have to agree with above

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

He wrestled the one match but was on TV every week for two months and involved with the Main Event Mafia vs Aces & Eights angle. He was going to wrestle more matches but had to stop briefly for his Tito fight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

Pick made PM sent. annoyed I didn't cop earlier that TOO cool were still free. ah well but slowly I build on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭Prop Joe

He wrestled the one match but was on TV every week for two months and involved with the Main Event Mafia vs Aces & Eights angle. He was going to wrestle more matches but had to stop briefly for his Tito fight

Maybe a suggestion? A quick Poll,Leave it open for a few hours,Rampage allowed or Not?

• Advertisement

Plus TNA have him listed as an official member of the roster

http://www.impactwrestling.com/roster/Wrestler-Roster

Just to put that in context over why I think he should be allowed, Tito Ortis also appeared in TNA and is also a member of Belator, however he is not listed as a member of the official roster.

Rampage is listed, was involved with a major angle in the company, appeared every week and wrestled a match. The only time he won't be on TV is like now for example when he needs to be protected before an actual fight.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

sorry for even mentioning it TBC, it's just very similar to a pick made in a previous year that caused a lot of controversy then, personally I hope you can keep him cos well finding loopholes should be applauded but its possible that the bit I quoted would counter the loophole and the specific case (pmd TSC about the exact one) I'm referencing may have been the reason that was actually added in the first place.

I will say Rampage has a lot more going for him in terms of eligability than this other case though and the wording of the rules could always be altered to clearly define eligability in such a case if the ok is given

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

I'd be happy enough to allow it anyway. It's definitely a debateable pick because he is an MMA fighter and not a wrestler and in my opinion one match, or even a handful of matches wouldn't change that. But then I don't want you to re-do your pick and choose somebody I want :P And I can see where you're coming from with the being on impact for 2 months reasoning, it gives him that bit more credibility than the celebs WWE bring in for 2 weeks before Mania.

sorry for even mentioning it TBC, it's just very similar to a pick made in a previous year that caused a lot of controversy then, personally I hope you can keep him cos well finding loopholes should be applauded but its possible that the bit I quoted would counter the loophole and the specific case (pmd TSC about the exact one) I'm referencing may have been the reason that was actually added in the first place.

I will say Rampage has a lot more going for him in terms of eligability than this other case though and the wording of the rules could always be altered to clearly define eligability in such a case if the ok is given

Not at all, if anything bringing this up for discussion this year will help the wording of the rules for future years :)

Think what should make the difference is if someone is official a member of a roster or just a special guests (Such as my example by Tito vs Jackson)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,482 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Ortiz is again diffrent as he appeared for TNA on a few seperated occasions through the years

• Advertisement

Because he's listed on the Roster should mean he's in imo, it's a smart loophole

Rampage Jackson is also listed Bellator roster , to me it's spike TV promoting their other programme by having MMA fighters appear on TNA.

I don't think rampage officially signed with TNA

Not at all, if anything bringing this up for discussion this year will help the wording of the rules for future years :)

Think what should make the difference is if someone is official a member of a roster or just a special guests (Such as my example by Tito vs Jackson)

great way to approach it, hope you dont have to wait too long for a ruling, picks are going like crazy atm which is great to see in round 9, I might even get to pick again today at this rate

campo wrote: »
    Rampage Jackson is also listed Bellator roster , to me it's spike TV promoting their other programme by having MMA fighters appear on TNA.

I don't think rampage officially signed with TNA

Again the example I'd use is that Tito is also with Bellator, has appeared with TNA but is not listed as a member of the TNA roster.

great way to approach it, hope you dont have to wait too long for a ruling, picks are going like crazy atm which is great to see in round 9, I might even get to pick again today at this rate

Hope so also because Mike Awesome was on my list of names!

Again the example I'd use is that Tito is also with Bellator, has appeared with TNA but is not listed as a member of the TNA roster.

Has rampage signed a deal with TNA , I don't watch it so don't know , or is his deal with Bellator or spike tv themselves

campo wrote: »
    Has rampage signed a deal with TNA , I don't watch it so don't know , or is his deal with Bellator or spike tv themselves

It's a multi-year deal with all 3, he has a few fights with Bellator, member of the TNA roster and then a reality show with Spike

It's a multi-year deal with all 3, he has a few fights with Bellator, member of the TNA roster and then a reality show with Spike

Just found link http://m.espn.go.com/extra/mma/story?storyId=9341601&src=desktop

To me that means he is in

I'd say it is ok given the above info and all we should do is change the wording of the rule to something along the lines of the person must have been an active member of the promotions roster when he had his match that gives eligibility and therefore could be considerd that promotions wrestler as apposed to a celeb making a one of appearance when he wrestled.

That would also rule out the person in the case I was refering to earlier (whom id probably try and take if your fellah was just okayed with no rule change ha!)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Don't have much time to post so will detail more later, but my initial thoughts were he was grand, and based on everything posted, I will say it's an ok pick :)

• Advertisement

Huzzah! Fusion Pro Wrestlings Real American shall fight on!

31152.2.jpg

wonderful-american-eagle-flag.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Its all in the numbers.....

Heres some interesting stats from the first 8 rounds

Since we started HASHTAG_HEEL was the one who came closest to reaching the 24 hour mark with exactly 21 hours elapsed before he made a pick.

ConnemaraMan however so far has the record for quickest pick, with his pick for the nation duo of D-Lo and The Godfather taking 1 minute after the previous poster. ....ZOOOOOM!

In total Raf 32 is the quickest poster with an avergae of 26 mins and 37 seconds

Though Jester252 is the polar opposite with an average of 413 minutes excaty.

All of Shagnastis picks have been made in the PM, as has Moneymakers and Hashtag_Heel and JP Liz

Lebowskilite and A Brad Maddox Guy have both 5 AM picks each, doing most of their picks in the AM.

Heres the break down

TOP 5 Fastest posts
    1. Connemara man - 1min
    2. JP Liz - 2mins
    3. Raf32 - 3 mins
    4. Campo - 4 mins
    5. Beakerjoe /BrianRegan- 5 Mins

TOP 5 Longest Posts
    1. Hashtag Heel - 21 hours excatly
    2. Jester - 20 hours 33 mins
    3. JP Liz - 17 Hours 54 mins
    4. Beakerjoe - 15 Hours 4 mins
    5. Mr Nice guy - 9 hours 40 mins

Top 10 Average times
    1. raf32 - 26 mins 37 seconds
    2. TBC - 45 mins
    3. Brain Regan 60 Mins
    4. Brad Maddox Guy - 61 mins
    5. Shagnasti 74 mins
    6. TeamShadowClan - 79 Mins
    7. Campo - 82 Mins
    8. Watlersobchek - 93 Mins
    9. Connemara Man - 105 mins
    10 Bounty Hunter - 136 mins

Top 10 Worst Average
    1. Jester - 413 mins
    2. Hastag Heel - 351 mins
    3. JP Liz - 298 Mins
    4. Mr Nice Guy - 310 Mins
    5. Lewboskilie - 283 mins
    6. Beakerjoe - 215 mins
    7. Moneymaker - 210mins
    8. Furious RED - 198 mins
    9. Mrkiscool - 194 mins
    10. Prop Joe - 148 mins

I knew I was nearly on so I has it prepped and ready to go. I would of felt silly if dlo or the godfather had been picked

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭Kankan14

Just clicked in to say BrianRegan’s santana and the model pick is a cracker. It had stuck out to a mile to me from the outside looking in for a few rounds now.

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭lebowskilite

Jackson fought on TNA Impact in a 10-man tag match.

http://profightdb.com/wrestlers/quinton-rampage-jackson-9659.html?prom_id=21

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

In my defense the 21hour wait was because I had no idea I was next. I like everyone else waiting for myself to go.

Jester252 wrote: »
    In my defense the 21hour wait was because I had no idea I was next. I like everyone else waiting for myself to go.

This is where a private message after you've picked is helpful.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭Prop Joe

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Its all in the numbers.....

Heres the break down

Top 10 Worst Average

10. Prop Joe - 148 mins

WOW i thought i would be in the top half of quickest posters !

Prop Joe wrote: »
    WOW i thought i would be in the top half of quickest posters !

On your 3rd pick you took over 9 hours to reply, could of been when boards was down. And 3 hourse between you and anothe rposter when you picked Buff Bagwell. It all adds up.

• Advertisement

I used to hate the wait in between picks. Now ive realised that they arent so bad. A few ideas have popped into my head today that would not be possible if my pick was already gone for this round as I would of picked differently.

THE JOYS OF WAITING :)

Alas im hoping no one nicks my newly planned picks

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement