Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PW Draft 2014 - Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

Well after that I'm pretty sure my roster is gonna be a sausagefest :/ Obviously there are other good female wrestlers out there but not sure i could write for any of them

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Surprised she was picked on her own tbh

if not for that dang Tag team limit id have taken the lady Liz mentioned too, and yeah twas now or never to pull the trigger on the Divas for me, otherwise I woulda just went for top male talent in feuds

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

Have a question regarding the tag team rules.

If someone tags with someone for 3 months then they are eligible.

Are house shows taken in with this? I ask because I'm looking to take a guy next round, however there is a guy he has tagged with for 4 months mostly on house shows (not large teams, 2 on 2) and has tagged with the odd time on TV, however he would be more associated with managing this guy rather than tagging with him. Should he be taken? Difficult I know to explain without naming names.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

Just on my way home from work so my pick will be up in bout 20 mins, flipping happy BH didn't draft my pick.. Was nearly 100% sure he would!!!

Just on my way home from work so my pick will be up in bout 20 mins, flipping happy BH didn't draft my pick.. Was nearly 100% sure he would!!!

wonder why everyone thinks Im about to take their picks, although I'd say you know my style fairly well so I wouldnt be surprised if your guy is near the top of my list and if not for the fact I went the Diva angle perhaps I could have...

TBC - It's hard to know, i;d say run it by TSC but I would think you have a good chance judging by what you say if having found another loophole

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

I fear you are now picking my pick. God the tension

I might PM BH to let him know my pick so I can cringe when its picked

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

Have a question regarding the tag team rules.

If someone tags with someone for 3 months then they are eligible.

Are house shows taken in with this? I ask because I'm looking to take a guy next round, however there is a guy he has tagged with for 4 months mostly on house shows (not large teams, 2 on 2) and has tagged with the odd time on TV, however he would be more associated with managing this guy rather than tagging with him. Should he be taken? Difficult I know to explain without naming names.

If it's another loophole fair play to you :)

ahh makes sense now and Beakerjoe can rejoice too. I woulda considerd them Walt again if not for the tag team limit, A great team to pick up at this late stage though it must be said, although being 100% honest I thought you were going to take a different still available team

Yes my pick lasts another round

Great pick by Walt, solid tag team. Should have been picked ahead of a lot of teams based on merit.

Thanks lads! Glad i didnt stitch you up beakerjoe!:cool: Yeah think the theme of my roster this year is "Wrestlers I can Believe havent been drafted yet" Because thats what i seem to think every round!

• Advertisement

from the thread on the Observer awards... so getting mentioned on BWA Raw (hard to believe he came as part of a team in rd2 and even then it was considered going early)

LOU THESZ/RIC FLAIR AWARD (WRESTLER OF THE YEAR)
    1. HIROSHI TANAHASHI (348) 3.488
    MOST OUTSTANDING WRESTLER
    1. HIROSHI TANAHASHI (470) 3,237
    FEUD OF THE YEAR
    1. HIROSHI TANAHASHI VS. KAZUCHIKA OKADA (534) 3,259
    MOST CHARISMATIC
    1. HIROSHI TANAHASHI (181) 1,425
    PRO WRESTLING MATCH OF THE YEAR
    1. HIROSHI TANAHASHI VS. KAZUCHIKA OKADA 4/7 TOKYO (305)2,002

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Time to critique!

Mr.Nice Guy: CM Punk, Hulk Hogan, The Road Warriors aka Hawk and Animal, Nick Bockwinkel & Ray Stevens, AJ Lee & Kaitlyn, Big Van Vader, Jerry The King Lawler, Zeb Colter aka Dutch Mantell & Dr. D David Schultz

Great roster, arguably the best mix of big guys, small guys, faces, heels, great characters and great talkers. Got probably the best dream match in the entire draft too.

Raf32: Raven, Sting, RVD, JBL, Ron Simmons, The Miz, Test & Albert, Drew McIntyre, Laycool aka Layla and Michelle McCool

Lacks star power but it peaks my interest how Sting and Raven will work. How JBL and Simmons will work and what role RVD will have.

Bounty Hunter: Bret Hart, Hiroshi Tanahashi & Shinsuke Nakamura, Ted Dibiase Snr & Steve Williams, Terry Funk, The Fabulous Freebirds aka Michael "P.S." Hayes & Terry Gordy, Demolition aka Ax & Smash, Team Co-Bro aka Santino Marella & Zack Ryder, Bob Backlund, Nattie

Some great feuds and matches here. Tanahasi and Bret is money. I'm not really sure how some of your choices will fit in but I am certainly curious.

brianregan09: Samoa Joe, Seth Rollins & Roman Reigns, Tazz, Rhyno, Big Bossman & One Man Gang, Ryback, La Parka & Psicosis, Strikeforce aka Tito Santana & Rick Martel

Some great matches here. Reigns vs any of these guys will be awesome. Joe vs Reigns makes me water at the mouth. I'm thinking a Street Fight or Iron Man match.

Moneymaker: Daniel Bryan, Randy Savage, Goldust & Cody Rhodes, Brian Pillman, William Regal, MsChif & Cheerleader Melissa, Lance Storm, Sara Del Rey, Mike Awesome

Yes this is my roster. Most of my choices I feel are very diverse, all of them are great workers and most of them have some sort of history or relationship which makes any potential feuds interesting. My promotion is focused on wrestling talent primarily and I feel my choices reflect that.

beakerjoe: Soloman Crowe & Dean Ambrose, Goldberg, Okada, Ravishing Rick Rude, Ethan Carter & Fandango,Bam Bam Bigelow & Chris Kanyon, James Storm, Shane McMahon

Big mix of characters here. Really curious to see how Goldberg fits into what is a bit of a bizarro world. Ambrose vs Rude could be amazing, two great talkers. I hope you give Bam Bam a good role as I always thought he was a really talented performer who never got a fair chance.

Teamshadowclan: Eddie Guerrero, HHH, Vince McMahon, Rey Mysterio, Lex Luger, Kevin Nash, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Stephanie McMahon, Chyna

Well ****, I think we have a winner here. This is a pretty sick roster. Loads of personal feuds and some dream matches here. HHH vs Eddie was always something I wanted to see. The rich aristrocrat who married the boss's daughter vs Mr Lie Cheat Steal himself :)

ShagNasti: Ric Flair, John Cena, Ultimate Warrior, Jesse The Body Ventura & Adorable Adrian Adonis, Scott Steiner, Enzo Amore, Jerry Springer, Devon Dudley & The Pope D'Angelo Dinero

Maybe I spoke too soon. This roster is insane! Dream matches galore, great mix of personalities. Curious to see how the Pope will fit in.

Jester252: Mick Foley, Chris Jericho, Diamond Dallas Page, New Age Outlaws aka Billy Gunn and Road Dogg,MNM aka Joey Mercury & Johnny Nitro, Ken Shamrock, Finlay, Scotty 2 Hotty & Grandmaster Sexay

Another strong roster. Lot of great characters and feuds here. Depending on how you write it you could be a dark horse to win or fall out early.

connemara man: Jeff Hardy' Bubba Ray Dudley, Mark Henry, Rikishi, Big E Langston, Brooke Tessmacher, The Godfather & D'Lo Brown, Jesse & Festus, Team Elite aka Derrick Neikirk & Mike Knox

I'll be honest, i'm not too excited for this roster. I've enjoyed Bully Ray's work in the last year or so but i've never much cared for a lot of the guys on here. Maybe a dominant Big E can bring me around though.

Campo: Austin Aries, The Rock, Alberto Del Rio, Andre the Giant, Chavo Guerrero & Hernandez, Bray Wyatt & Bo Dallas, Mike Rotunda, Barry Windham, Los Matadores

Hmm, massive heel faction vs some of the biggest names ever in the Wrestling. This could be amazing or it could bomb. Depends on how you write it I think. Chavo and Henandez should have a great programme with Los Matadores too.

waltersobchak: Mitsuharu Misawa & Kenta Kobashi, Brock Lesnar, Ricky Steamboat, Rowdy Roddy Piper, Jake The Snake Roberts, Kerry Von Erich, The Iron Sheik, Paul Heyman, The Midnight Express

I love this roster. Loads of great talkers and a true freak of nature to lay waste to everyone in his path. I can't wait to see how they collide.

Prop Joe: Christian, Randy Orton, Batista, Jeff Jarrett, The Big Show, David Otunga & Joe Hennig, Buff Bagwell, The Young Bucks,V-Squared aka Val Venis & Viscera

Not a massive fan of any of these guys really(Christian aside). Maybe some good heel Batista writing and Christian and Orton reliving the excellent feud in 2010 will spark my interest though.

lebowskilite: Christopher Daniels & Matt Sydal aka Evan Bourne, Edge, Mr Perfect & Scott Hall, Billy Graham, Bobby Roode, Awesome Kong & Aja Kong, The Dynamic Dudes aka Johnny Ace & Shane Douglas, Frankie Kazarian.

Very solid, lots of good wrestlers here. Edge v Perfect, Edge v Hall could be pretty great.

Furious-Red: AJ Styles, HBK, Kane, Mr. Anderson, The World's Greatest Tag Team aka Shelton Benjamin & Charlie Haas, Jimmy Uso & Jey Uso, Billy Kidman & Paul London, Chris Sabin, Alex Shelley

Pound for pound this is possibly the roster with the best wrestlers in the entire draft. I can't wait to see HBK vs AJ Styles. I've never much cared for Anderson but everyone else I really like. I'll be watching this.

thebostoncrab: Nigel McGuinness, Chris Benoit, The Dynamite Kid, Arn Anderson & Tully Blanchard, Stan Hansen & Bruiser Brody, Jushin "Thunder" Liger, The Extreme Horseman aka Steve Corino & CW Anderson, KENTA & Marufuji Naomichi, Quinton Rampage Jackson

Another roster stacked with strong workers. I'm not sure there's a ton of great talkers here though so your writing will need to be on point. Looking forward to see Nigel McGuinness after TNA basically ruined him. Maybe a horseman reunion with Benoit, Arn + 2 others?

Hashtag_HEEL: Chris Hero & Antonio Cesaro, Dolph Ziggler, Wade Barrett, Sheamus, MVP & Matt Hardy, Heath Slater, Rockstar Spud, Prime Time Players aka Titus O'Neill & Darren Young

Lot of great young guys here. Maybe we see the Nexus reforming to go against Hero and Cesaro + Ziggler? Fascinated to see what you do with this.

JP Liz V1: The American Wolves aka Davey Richards & Eddie Edwards, Kurt Angle, Damien Sandow, Bobby "The Brain" Heenan, Trish Stratus & Lita, International Airstrike aka Tyson Kidd & Justin Gabriel, William Shatner, The Nasty Boys aka Brian Knobs & Jerry Sags , Head Cheese

Kurt vs any of these guys will be awesome. The Sandow character is something I really love and something I feel WWE really don't get the best out of it so i'm keen to see what you do with him. Heenan is one of the best heels of all time and him and Bill Shatner would be fun :D

A Brad Maddox Guy: Keji Mutoh, The Undertaker, Owen Hart & The British Bulldog, Dusty Rhodes, Booker T, Yokozuna, X-Pac & Hardcore Bob Holly, 3 Minute Warning aka Jamal & Rosey, Shane Hurricane Helms

Muta vs Taker will be awesome. A nice violent Hell in a Cell match. I'm not really sure what you could have planned for the rest of the card so i'll be tuning in to find out.

mrkiscool2: Sami Zayn, Kevin Steen, Stone Cold Steve Austin, Fergal Devitt & Minoru, Bruno Sammartino, Sid Vicious, Ultimo Dragon, Jay & Mark Briscoe, The Great Sasuke, Sable

Austin vs Devitt = $$$$$. I can't wait to see this. Throw in Zayn, Bruno and Sid and you have a great mix of personalities. Potential dark horse roster here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,482 ✭✭✭brianregan09

C'mon Hashtag make you're pick so i can mine done before bed :D

Cant sleep so i'll voice some opinions!:cool::pac:;)

Mr.Nice Guy: CM Punk, Hulk Hogan, The Road Warriors aka Hawk and Animal, Nick Bockwinkel & Ray Stevens, AJ Lee & Kaitlyn, Big Van Vader, Jerry The King Lawler, Zeb Colter aka Dutch Mantell & Dr. D David Schultz

What can i say MNG is the defending 2 time champion and (perhaps) has a feud lined up that im absolutely heartbroken about. Because i never thought of it. Say your Prayer, Eat your Vitamins 80's Hogan vs Bitter Straight Edge Heel Punk is absolutely Mouth watering and MNG must be on course for a Triple Crown?

Raf32: Raven, Sting, RVD, JBL, Ron Simmons, The Miz, Test & Albert, Drew McIntyre, Laycool aka Layla and Michelle McCool

I really like where your going with your roster Raf, very good mix of talent with Raven vs Sting an awesome possible feud, strong midcard, interesting.

Bounty Hunter: Bret Hart, Hiroshi Tanahashi & Shinsuke Nakamura, Ted Dibiase Snr & Steve Williams, Terry Funk, The Fabulous Freebirds aka Michael "P.S." Hayes & Terry Gordy, Demolition aka Ax & Smash, Team Co-Bro aka Santino Marella & Zack Ryder, Bob Backlund, Nattie

BH Always delivers a varied and intelligent roster and this year is no different, unbelievable mix of talent from around the world and throughout the decades, a definite front runner.

brianregan09: Samoa Joe, Seth Rollins & Roman Reigns, Tazz, Rhyno, Big Bossman & One Man Gang, Ryback, La Parka & Psicosis, Strikeforce aka Tito Santana & Rick Martel

Very interesting roster here Brian, Tazz vs Joe if you choose to go there is an absolute dream match in my opinion and very worthy main event, looking forward to see how this one pans out

Moneymaker: Daniel Bryan, Randy Savage, Goldust & Cody Rhodes, Brian Pillman, William Regal, MsChif & Cheerleader Melissa, Lance Storm, Sara Del Rey, Mike Awesome

If i was to trade a roster this would probably be it, so much talent here, wonderful. #jealous

beakerjoe: Soloman Crowe & Dean Ambrose, Goldberg, Okada, Ravishing Rick Rude, Ethan Carter & Fandango,Bam Bam Bigelow & Chris Kanyon, James Storm, Shane McMahon

I really like this roster Joe, I think Bam Bam and Goldberg is your money feud, but your midcard is fantastic, interested to see the rest of your picks man.

Teamshadowclan: Eddie Guerrero, HHH, Vince McMahon, Rey Mysterio, Lex Luger, Kevin Nash, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Stephanie McMahon, Chyna

Wow, talk about sticking to a plan and following through, absolutely limitless potential,when we get to the shows, cant wait to read it..

ShagNasti: Ric Flair, John Cena, Ultimate Warrior, Jesse The Body Ventura & Adorable Adrian Adonis, Scott Steiner, Enzo Amore, Jerry Springer, Devon Dudley & The Pope D'Angelo Dinero

Possibly the strongest all round roster IMO. Cena vs Flair/Cena vs Warrior both absolute money feuds.. The roster to beat for sure

Jester252: Mick Foley, Chris Jericho, Diamond Dallas Page, New Age Outlaws aka Billy Gunn and Road Dogg,MNM aka Joey Mercury & Johnny Nitro, Ken Shamrock, Finlay, Scotty 2 Hotty & Grandmaster Sexay

Great Attitude Era Vibe here Jester, love your roster man, cant wait to see how it comes together

connemara man: Jeff Hardy' Bubba Ray Dudley, Mark Henry, Rikishi, Big E Langston, Brooke Tessmacher, The Godfather & D'Lo Brown, Jesse & Festus, Team Elite aka Derrick Neikirk & Mike Knox

Interesting Roster CM, at first glance it doesn't seem as strong as some of the others, but its just because you've got a varied mix of superstars, with smart booking this one is a dark horse

Campo: Austin Aries, The Rock, Alberto Del Rio, Andre the Giant, Chavo Guerrero & Hernandez, Bray Wyatt & Bo Dallas, Mike Rotunda, Barry Windham, Los Matadores

Very strong roster again this year from campo, "THE WYATT FAMILY" Is absolutely genius, you always have great booking i expect this year to be no different

waltersobchak: Mitsuharu Misawa & Kenta Kobashi, Brock Lesnar, Ricky Steamboat, Rowdy Roddy Piper, Jake The Snake Roberts, Kerry Von Erich, The Iron Sheik, Paul Heyman, The Midnight Express

MEH....

Prop Joe: Christian, Randy Orton, Batista, Jeff Jarrett, The Big Show, David Otunga & Joe Hennig, Buff Bagwell, The Young Bucks,V-Squared aka Val Venis & Viscera

Quite a modern roster, but still packed with stars, very interested to see your next few picks, and indeed where you take your shows as far as booking. Very strong mid card,, really like this one.

lebowskilite: Christopher Daniels & Matt Sydal aka Evan Bourne, Edge, Mr Perfect & Scott Hall, Billy Graham, Bobby Roode, Awesome Kong & Aja Kong, The Dynamic Dudes aka Johnny Ace & Shane Douglas, Frankie Kazarian.

Great mix of talent here from everywhere, no obvious choices here from a booking standpoint dark horse for sure.

Furious-Red: AJ Styles, HBK, Kane, Mr. Anderson, The World's Greatest Tag Team aka Shelton Benjamin & Charlie Haas, Jimmy Uso & Jey Uso, Billy Kidman & Paul London, Chris Sabin, Alex Shelley

Great roster this year Red, HBK vs Styles is great and you have by far the strongest tag divison.. Should be one to watch

thebostoncrab: Nigel McGuinness, Chris Benoit, The Dynamite Kid, Arn Anderson & Tully Blanchard, Stan Hansen & Bruiser Brody, Jushin "Thunder" Liger, The Extreme Horseman aka Steve Corino & CW Anderson, KENTA & Marufuji Naomichi, Quinton Rampage Jackson

AMAAAAZING roster this year man, i have the distinct feeling that this is the roster you've always wanted to build from the first time you entered the draft till now.. Front runner for sure

Hashtag_HEEL: Chris Hero & Antonio Cesaro, Dolph Ziggler, Wade Barrett, Sheamus, MVP & Matt Hardy, Heath Slater, Rockstar Spud, Prime Time Players aka Titus O'Neill & Darren Young

Very Modern roster, should be a fun one to read, looking forward to your shows i think Dolph Ziggler suits your roster perfectly, you have the under utilized stars vibe which if booked correctly should be very very good, another dark horse perhaps

JP Liz V1: The American Wolves aka Davey Richards & Eddie Edwards, Kurt Angle, Damien Sandow, Bobby "The Brain" Heenan, Trish Stratus & Lita, International Airstrike aka Tyson Kidd & Justin Gabriel, William Shatner, The Nasty Boys aka Brian Knobs & Jerry Sags , Head Cheese

Great roster Liz, If it was mine I'd build the roster around Sandow with Heenan, that equals some serious promos and money.. very very strong mid-card ...... tbc...........

A Brad Maddox Guy: Keji Mutoh, The Undertaker, Owen Hart & The British Bulldog, Dusty Rhodes, Booker T, Yokozuna, X-Pac & Hardcore Bob Holly, 3 Minute Warning aka Jamal & Rosey, Shane Hurricane Helms

Absolutely stunning roster buddy, Muta vs Taker is mouthwatering.. Great mix of talent, cant wait for your shows another front runner

mrkiscool2: Sami Zayn, Kevin Steen, Stone Cold Steve Austin, Fergal Devitt & Minoru, Bruno Sammartino, Sid Vicious, Ultimo Dragon, Jay & Mark Briscoe, The Great Sasuke, Sable

A roster with undoubtedly the 2 biggest stars ever in Professional Wrestling. Incredible... Has to be Austin Vs Bruno in the main event.. Thats a dream match and a half imo.. undercard is amazing aswell love this roster

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Have to say this is the first year ive actually thought about feuds since the last few years ive just picked anyone i can . So im glad with my picks atm , still a few to add :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,968 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

It makes it much tougher if you start developing ideas and fueds in your head early. This is my first year picking (I subbed in last year near the end) and I'm finding these later rounds much harder to choose.

I've a massive pick I'd love to make but I haven't a notion how he/she/they would fit into my fed.

ShagNastii wrote: »
    It makes it much tougher if you start developing ideas and fueds in your head early. This is my first year picking (I subbed in last year near the end) and I'm finding these later rounds much harder to choose.

I've a massive pick I'd love to make but I haven't a notion how he/she/they would fit into my fed.

I feel your pain.

I can think of plenty of still available great picks. Apart for one or 2, Im most likely going to go after people who id like to have in a feud who may not be a big name. I do fear the tail end of my roster may not be strong but Id rather go with what i can write for than star power which i have no idea how to use.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,968 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Many many top end champions still goin' a beggin'.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭Prop Joe

Why did I assume there were 20 rounds? 20 participants maybe threw me,must change plans fast

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭lebowskilite

How many world championships does your roster have (as recognised by the draft for non-tag team eligibility)?

Mine has 13 championships, 11 of which belong to Edge.

• Advertisement

How many world championships does your roster have (as recognised by the draft for non-tag team eligibility)?

If you only include world titles that affect the tag team rule, I have 2, both belong to Benoit :P

Prop Joe wrote: »
    Why did I assume there were 20 rounds? 20 participants maybe threw me,must change plans fast

20! If that was the case, those jobbers that Ryback used to destroy would be drafted along with these guys

Mario%2BMancini%2Bjobber%2Bwwf.jpg

4-21-2013+3-09-00+PM.jpg

MickeyJayJobber-e1378055157492.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Think i have 20, with it being spread out a bit.

Ive 4, 1 for James Storm, 1 Rick Rude and 2 for Goldberg.

If Kazuchika Okadas 2 IWGP Heavtweight title reigns counted, its 6

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Just thinking of trades at the minute, who is officially up on the trade blocks so far?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

Raf32 wrote: »
    Just thinking of trades at the minute, who is officially up on the trade blocks so far?

I'm open to offers for Andre the giant ( already have an interesting offer ) and Austin Aries is available for right offer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

also open to offers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

Raf32 wrote: »

I will be open to offers for a couple of mine but I want to wait to see if I get the guys I want in the next couple of rounds. Open to trading X Pac and Bob Holly btw. Would they have to be traded together since they were picked as a team?

I'd consider trading Bob Backlund, Dr Death Steve Williams or if really pushed Zack Ryder although I have a plan for him unlike the other two who I only need one of for something I have in mind so id prob need a good storyline option offer to replace whoever.

• Advertisement

It never hurts to make an offer so I never say "I won't trade x yand z", make the offer and see what happens :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement