Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PW Draft 2014 - Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭Prop Joe

Christian or Jarrett could go for me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

I was tempted to Trade James Storm, but Ive thought up something for him.

EC3 is the only one id probably trade at the minute but I have something in mind for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭lebowskilite

Make an offer and I'll consider it tbh, including for my main guys.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Make an offer and I'll consider it tbh, including for my main guys.

same as nobody is untradeable on my roster bar two.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

My Ziggler problem has been SOLVED! Sorry about the delay, I was working. Any chance some one could shoot a pm to the next person up? I've got to jet to the hospital to visit someone.

• Advertisement

ill PM Brian

Brian Shag and Jester all online..... could be my pick in no time. Almost time for round 10 draw too

Abyss is a super pick this late in the game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,482 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Pick made and PM sent ! Didn't even know those tagged together but found out while researching last night , That would have been the time my channels went off and as Abyss was an NWA TNA champion it doens't count based on my previous expeiriance missing out on Ken Shamrock !

Always thought Abyss was a TNA heavyweight champ, nice pick seeing as he was champ in NWA-TNA and not Tna. Smart pick.

Great Value with Morgan.

• Advertisement

Prop Joe wrote: »
    Abyss is a super pick this late in the game

Fits perfectly in my roster too :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

That's a hell of a pick. I didn't know Abyss has never been a proper TNA Champion.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_TNA_World_Heavyweight_Champions

Thats what im going off , He was NWA-TNA world champion alright but im pretty sure that doesn't count in this and they tagged together for about 4 months before Morgan turned on him

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Right lads,

We're nearing Round 10, so the Evaluation Topic will go up soon for those who want to start writing.

I wanted to talk quickly about what we've got left in terms of stips and rounds. Originally, I was going to do Round 10 as a stip round, round 11 and 12 as normal and then Round 13 as the Lightning round, incorporating 14 and 15.

Laying cards out on the table, the Round 10 stip was, as some guessed, going to be a "Wildcard" Round, whereby people could break a rule of their choosing (World champ with a tag partner, a celeb, a pre-70s guy, a non-WWE/TNA/ROH guy, etc).

I'm wondering though if this might be better pushed back a round or two (to Round 11 or 12) since it feels like the type of stip some might appreciate more near the end when their rosters are nearly done and they want to compliment what they have on their roster.

So would people be ok doing two more non-stip rounds, and then a "Balls to the wall" finale? I worry it could mean that it's not the most exciting middle to the draft (though still LOADS of big names left!).

Right lads,

We're nearing Round 10, so the Evaluation Topic will go up soon for those who want to start writing.

I wanted to talk quickly about what we've got left in terms of stips and rounds. Originally, I was going to do Round 10 as a stip round, round 11 and 12 as normal and then Round 13 as the Lightning round, incorporating 14 and 15.

Laying cards out on the table, the Round 10 stip was, as some guessed, going to be a "Wildcard" Round, whereby people could break a rule of their choosing (World champ with a tag partner, a celeb, a pre-70s guy, a non-WWE/TNA/ROH guy, etc).

I'm wondering though if this might be better pushed back a round or two (to Round 11 or 12) since it feels like the type of stip some might appreciate more near the end when their rosters are nearly done and they want to compliment what they have on their roster.

So would people be ok doing two more non-stip rounds, and then a "Balls to the wall" finale? I worry it could mean that it's not the most exciting middle to the draft (though still LOADS of big names left!).

Ill say what ever you decide is ok. Play the cards as we are dealt. Either round 10 or 11 is ok for me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

I'd say let one more non-stip round go, then round 11 brings in the rule breaker stip, as there are still some big names left in the draft which are normally all gone by now, so give it one more round for them to be picked up :)

Oooh also, would you be able to post the round 10 names soon? If I come before you in the next round I'd like to run my loophole by you with the wrestler names before making the pick just to be sure that it still counts, as it's hard to describe without naming names :)

I'd say let one more non-stip round go, then round 11 brings in the rule breaker stip, as there are still some big names left in the draft which are normally all gone by now, so give it one more round for them to be picked up :)

A full list of which rules can be broken and how will help a lot too.

Is there going to be any round where we can duplicate some1 elses pick?..could be a big boost to everyone s roster late on

Is there going to be any round where we can duplicate some1 elses pick?..could be a big boost to everyone s roster late on

Im hoping not :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

I'm easy going regards which round stip is, I also have a loophole team that I want to check with you

campo wrote: »
    I'm easy going regards which round stip is, I also have a loophole team that I want to check with you

I'm watching you Campo!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,307 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Christian or Jarrett could go for me

I'm very tempted

How about one Canadian for another do you want Trish :p

I'm watching you Campo!

LOL I can check your team if you like

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Test and Albert if anyone wants to make a good offer

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭lebowskilite

Can I just say the last stip from last year (duplications) was fine by me (I know others didn't appreciate it), especially since the order was decided by people's average pick at that point, evening out the playing field for some. I would happily do it again, with more "protected status" wrestlers per roster if necessary or a rule whereby you can't put a belt on the person you've taken in that round (if necessary).

The only reason I say this is that the impression given seems to be that people didn't like it, whereas I have to say I did.

Looks like Andre may be traded soon, but still open to offers for Austin Aries, ( nudge to PropJoe for Jeff Jarrett )

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

beakerjoe wrote: »
    A full list of which rules can be broken and how will help a lot too.

Yeah, I'll give a list of the rules which can be "broken". As I said, I reckon it will be...
    *Pre-70s
    *Celebrity
    *Tag Teams with world champs (though don't think many are left if any)
    *Don't have to have wrestled in a top company.

Rule which won't be "broken"
    *The three month tag rule/Stables - I know we're easy going enough with it, but I don't want people sneaking in "teams" which are in no way teams.

Any others people thinking of?

And I shall do up the next round now :)

Looks like ill have a good draw in round 13-15 , pick 18 in round 10 for beakerjoe. Pick 18 in this round too

• Advertisement

Learned now that TSC had his eyes on my loophole draft pick, so I'm watching the next picks like a hawk! Really hope to get these two guys!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement