Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PW Draft 2014 - Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

I'm going mental after shags last pic. He was the pick I feared BH and Walt snapping up. I'm open to a trade for chono

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

loving the idea of a rule breaker stip (will also help me tie up the feud I was worried I wouldnt have someone for :) )

now... off to the other thread to announce the first trade of the Draft!

it was touch and go to see if Andre would pass the tight BWA medical

Andre-The-Giant+hospital.jpg

but deal done, nice doing business with CWA and here is the new BWA roster
    BWA Roster 2014;
    Bret Hart
    Hiroshi Tanahashi
    Shinsuke Nakamura
    Ted Dibiase
    Steve Williams
    Bruiser Brody
    Terry Funk
    Michael "P.S." Hayes
    Terry Gordy
    Demolition (AX & Smash)
    Santino Marella
    Zack Ryder
    Andre The Giant
    Natalya Neidhart

Ive given up trying to tempt Shagnasti in my pursuit of Masahiro Chono.

Ive made other arrangements and should be taking advantage of the Rule Breaking round!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭Prop Joe

Shame the draft has gone on a go slow the last few days

Im about to put my pick up now. Just doing some final research after Chono got nicked :)

• Advertisement

tbklovesdancingao4.gif

Hes making me feel batter after losing Chono.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,968 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

I feel bad for snagging Chono before you got the chance but that's a beast of a pick. Serious value in both TBK and Zeek.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

:(

Between the Pms I've got today and now that, really am quite sad. Kendrick was definitly coming up quick for me :(

Ah they were in my mind a while back, not sure how much they tagged together but after a little research I said why not.

woo another trade made this time with thebostoncrab

Dr Death Steve Williams for Bruiser Brody

well pleased with my trading, it has meant that essentially my 3rd and 8th round picks have snagged me: The Million Dollar Man, Andre The Giant & Bruiser Brody!

• Advertisement

I know when it comes to write ups cross promotional stuff is welcome. Was there interaction between any Feds last year?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

It is so frustrating trying to find out how often a team tagged together......aggghhhh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

Fusion Pro Wrestling have issues a statement regarding the trade:

"Bruiser Brody has been a liability to the rest of the roster. His reckless style has placed other in danger and many of our roster have said they want to be able to perform at the PPV at full health. For the sake of our roster, we have terminated Bruiser Brody's contract."

Stan Hansen, Brody's tag partner, has requested meetings with FPW heads as he was not consulted about the move. He has declared that "what ever bum they dig up for that trash roster will have to deal with me, you have taken from me a man I respect and a chance to win those tag titles. You think Brody was dangerous? Boy, I'll beat them so hard with my cowbell that even Brody would be horrified."

When Hansen was informed that Dr. Death Steve Williams had been traded over, he remained quiet, choosing instead to punch a hole in FPW office walls.

campo wrote: »
    It is so frustrating trying to find out how often a team tagged together......aggghhhh

cagematch.de is your friend here

cagematch.de is your friend here

Tried it and when I click on matches I get nothing even though they at least tagged together twice in a 3 month period

I'm before you I know but I think TSC PM'd you my next tag team pick so unless it's them I won't be looking to steal your pick if you want help finding matches for them :)

If wwe I Google the house show archives. If other profightdatabase us good

I'm before you I know but I think TSC PM'd you my next tag team pick so unless it's them I won't be looking to steal your pick if you want help finding matches for them :)

He didnt but I say he would have told me if its the same pick as I PMd him

He didnt but I say he would have told me if its the same pick as I PMd him

Sweet, if you want help tracking down matches then for your pick just let me know

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

anyone interested in trades just pm me!

• Advertisement

Bam Bam Bigelow is up for grabs with the right offer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,307 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I thought BH might have taken Beth next round if MNG hadn't, she is a great pick

For the anything goes round, can you take another tag team (even if you already have five) or a mixed gender tag team and also could we pick a celeb with no association to wrestling?

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I thought BH might have taken Beth next round if MNG hadn't, she is a great pick

For the anything goes round, can you take another tag team (even if you already have five) or a mixed gender tag team and also could we pick a celeb with no association to wrestling?

I had considerdit i'll be honest but think I was going to go another direction with Nattie (assuming I get the chance at no.19 this round).

Think I know who I want in the rule breaker round but should that person be taken im very curious about the first of your questions re-the tag limit rule. I dont know idf the celeb one will count but it could throw up some very interesting names if it did

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,307 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

With MNG having Punk, AJ and Beth on his roster hope he does Punk on a pole/ladder match :p I'll loan him Lita for it too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Anyone want Drew Mcintyre, just pm me

Will there in a "pick for somebody else" stip this year?

ShagNastii wrote: »
    Will there in a "pick for somebody else" stip this year?

doesen't sound like it from what TSC said but I alway like that round and would enjoy if it was tagged onto a later round. For example if in the last round you made your pick(s) and the chose someone for someone elses roster, especially as at that late stage you wouldnt be picking big names others might have plans for but simply people who storyline wise would be interesting to see on a certain roster of pre selected people they may have history with.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

Another tag team - I thought about it, but think it wouldn't be massively fair on people who have decided not to be drafting teams so far. If people have hit 5 teams already, I think they should have enough people so far, and I'd worry about the logistics of people who might hit Team #5 later but not get to pick a 6th.

Mixed-gender - Sure...if you can fulfill the usual 3 month rule and provide proof they teamed together regularly. And I have a feeling that's going to be pretty hard given how we've gone so far in the draft. I know I got two PMs yesterday about teams; one had details of a tag title run but not much about how often they worked together, while one had a team who had teamed pretty regularly on house shows. First I would be iffy about, second, to me, was grand. So if you want mixed-gender, just make sure you can back it up with examples of a long standing team :)

Another tag team - I thought about it, but think it wouldn't be massively fair on people who have decided not to be drafting teams so far. If people have hit 5 teams already, I think they should have enough people so far, and I'd worry about the logistics of people who might hit Team #5 later but not get to pick a 6th.

Mixed-gender - Sure...if you can fulfill the usual 3 month rule and provide proof they teamed together regularly. And I have a feeling that's going to be pretty hard given how we've gone so far in the draft. I know I got two PMs yesterday about teams; one had details of a tag title run but not much about how often they worked together, while one had a team who had teamed pretty regularly on house shows. First I would be iffy about, second, to me, was grand. So if you want mixed-gender, just make sure you can back it up with examples of a long standing team :)

I aint giving up on that team yet...PM on the way

• Advertisement

caught in two minds about the evaluation thread, I have 1 and a bit shows already written but I havent drafted all the people mentioned on them yet and it might take a few rounds to do so. Do I change the shows, do I take a risk and mention people that others could steal from me or do I just wait and post multiple shows up later... hmmm

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement