Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PW Draft 2014 - Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

caught in two minds about the evaluation thread, I have 1 and a bit shows already written but I havent drafted all the people mentioned on them yet and it might take a few rounds to do so. Do I change the shows, do I take a risk and mention people that others could steal from me or do I just wait and post multiple shows up later... hmmm

Is it open ? , I have my 1st show basically ready to go

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

campo wrote: »
    Is it open ? , I have my 1st show basically ready to go

the thread is up. maybe I missed something in the text saying not to post yet but I think its open as there is only one person left to go in Rd9 and it traditionally opens in Rd10

the thread is up. maybe I missed something in the text saying not to post yet but I think its open as there is only one person left to go in Rd9 and it traditionally opens in Rd10

Cheers I will try and get a show up then

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

If I opt not to post a show until Round 11/12 would I still have 5 shows to build to PPV or would it be down to 4/3? Just want to make sure so I don't mess up my booking or the thread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

If I opt not to post a show until Round 11/12 would I still have 5 shows to build to PPV or would it be down to 4/3? Just want to make sure so I don't mess up my booking or the thread.

It's been ok every other year, in fact someone , including one winner, didn't post anything until every single pick was made :)

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭lebowskilite

I asked the same thing last year: the answer is you can put up to 5 show/story posts up whenever you like and the PPVs come after the draft is finished. I was warned and shall pass it on, however, that putting up 5 shows in quick succession might lead to people not being that keen on reading them all at once.

But, that being said, my shows were fairly long winded last year so I clearly ignored that warning anyway :p

My 1st show is up all feedback is welcome

5 picks to go until my second loophole pick in a row! Please don't pick either of them!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Really would love to get my pick in tonight so i can write up this angle.

• Advertisement

Campo putting Rock with the Wyatts is a brilliant move, I especially like who Wyatt avoided the "It doesn't matter what you name is" line, very well put together and I'm very interested in this angle.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

Campo putting Rock with the Wyatts is a brilliant move, I especially like who Wyatt avoided the "It doesn't matter what you name is" line, very well put together and I'm very interested in this angle.

I marked out for that. I'm not gonna lie!

id echo this, show seemed like a great teaser of things to come, which I def want to see. Unlike Daniel Bryan though Rock doesn't exactly have the image to follow the buzzards in my mind, he would look hilarious with a big fake beard and overalls though...hmm maybe that will be a future skit on CWA

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

I love the show logo.

Really good first show campo, loved the Rock and Wyatts angle. Also interested to see how that Del Rio angle pans out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,482 ✭✭✭brianregan09

That's awesome with the rock interacting with the Wyatts really good stuff mate :) , Delighted to see Aries go over Windham too

hope to have my first BWA show up soon. Just editing out a reference to an a guy i've not drafted yet and a few other bits now, might take a chance and leave one brief mention of another such guy cos afterall when this show goes up hes a free agent (and I dont think anyone will take him anyway), hope its not too long but im debuting a totally new roster

1st show done and posted !!!!

Also feedback would be great guys :) tell me what ya loved liked, diskliked and plain hated !!!! :D

really enjoyed that show brian, delighted to see you push Tazz. Looking forward to see how OMG and Bossman get on too.

• Advertisement

had a sneak peek before when you were wondering about your writing style, I liked it then and I like it now. Taz vs Joe just seems right no matter how many times I mention how I would have loved to strap a rocket to Reigns I think you picked the right match there. looking forward to reading the rest.

similarily feedback welcome with mine and again sorry its long and I plan to phase out the jobbers as I go along / my roster gets bigger

Keeps you're eyes on Reigns thats all I'll say ;)

As for you're one a really enjoyable read through mate, Not familiar with alot of the older stars like Gordy and Hayes but you definitely described them well, Loved how easily you made Ryder and Santino really credible threats too and how you made such a big deal of the two Japanese lads signing very good mate and the Bret reveal at the end icing on cake :)

Loved the Bret reveal BH. Seems like you got big plans for ryder and santino and really liked how you used them in that show. Million Dollar Man story is going to be excellent I feel.

cheers so much to fit into ep 1 especially when you consider that Natalya & Terry Funk didnt even get a mention, established a few facts though
    Bounty Hunter, The Million Dollar Man and perhaps a third unknown figure want control of the BWA

Bret has been appointed temp GM until a decision on the above has been made and seemingly has taken the world title for himself

Demolition are the new BWA champions but The cocky freebirds have arrived upon the seen and mean business.

Team Co-Bro is no more but they are still buddies

New recruit Bruiser Brody is a wild man, can anyone tame the beast

Tanahashi and Nakamura are heading stateside having done all they can in NJPW, will they show up in the BWA

more big name debuts guaranteed next week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Don't think i'd have had Reigns lose clean on my first show personally.

Joe vs Tazz is $$$$ though.

He lost because of Rollins though and he was about to win before the ref got bumped so I think i kept him strong enough in defeat, Trust me im going somewhere with both Rollins and Reigns ;)

Good Idea too BH on the bullet points on mine I guess
    Theres a big heel stable running the show run by the owner

Tazz vs Joe will the main event of the PPV

One title is decided with a 3rd coming next week

Abyss and others will debut still

Moneymaker I liked that. Again mostly a teaser of a show with just a few announcements but Bryan vs Randy would be pure money and The Pillman involvement def adds an extra angle of interest as does the potential Regal involvement in any feud/match heading towards your PPV

great pick joe, were on my list this round

yeah good pick, Jindrak has improved a lot since those days and O'Haire coulda been huge with his Devils advocate gimmick so both could be used as singles guys or as a tag team dependent on your needs.

edit: incase it drops off the 1st page at any point there has been a link to the evaluation thread added to the OP of the picks thread

• Advertisement

Also MM that was a good show its got me excited for Savage vs Bryan as i'm a massive fan of both

nice to see Regal featured so prominently too hope he gets in the ring too :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement