Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PW Draft 2014 - Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Yes agreed great build for the Bryan and Savage match already, cant wait to see how that pans out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Great pic by Prop Joe, Id make them both singles stars myself....

weekend seems to be the slowest time during the draft. Would love to get my next two picks in before monday evening but doesnt look too likely

Im about to start reading the shows which have gone up. Looking forward to it, still thinking Ill write my shows when my roster is complete, is any one else thinking of doing this?

Would it be a bad idea to hold off ???

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Im about to start reading the shows which have gone up. Looking forward to it, still thinking Ill write my shows when my roster is complete, is any one else thinking of doing this?

Would it be a bad idea to hold off ???

I have bits wrote but have people that i havent drafted yet wrote in so definitely wont be putting anything up until after the draft

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

in not going to put up my next one for at least a few more rounds for the same reason

I have bits written but others are needed to complete it. Have 2 feuds written up for the first show. Gonna hold off til after the draft. hopefully draft will be complete in under 2 weeks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,482 ✭✭✭brianregan09

I've already started writing my 2nd show :D , By the way is it all one PPV we're building too cos i've a lot of stuff planed out

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

I've already started writing my 2nd show :D , By the way is it all one PPV we're building too cos i've a lot of stuff planed out

Yea 1 PPV

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭Prop Joe

Yea 1 PPV

5 shows + 1 PPV ? Or 5 altogether?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

Prop Joe wrote: »

5 all together I believe ( and a post introducing your show, titles etc.)

Thats an absolute steal, great pick. 2 out of the next 3 online so might get a bit of a roll now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Bugger. He was next on my list.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

Loved booking Malenko the year I did the draft. Mostly because it's very easy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

Quick question, can you trade a wrestler if you have used him in a show?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

Quick question, can you trade a wrestler if you have used him in a show?

You can of course

Each year it was 5 house shows then your PPV. This is because the 5 house shows are purely optional :)

Dean was my pick for the next round, or the pick if my loophole pick fell through...which it hasn't yet!

Who are people looking to trade? I may have two people that could be out on their ear!

depending on my next two round picks, test and albert definitely up for grabs.

Im open to offers and im thinking of writing a trade iv been offered into my story

Im open to offers and im thinking of writing a trade iv been offered into my story

Who are you looking to get rid of?

• Advertisement

Who are you looking to get rid of?

I don't know that's the problem. If I get a good offer for someone I'd consider it. And I'm currently thinking hard about an offer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

I'm open to offers.

Who are people looking to get rid of? I'm looking to shift Hardy and MVP if I can't come up with anything better for them.

290673.jpg

Who are people looking to get rid of? I'm looking to shift Hardy and MVP if I can't come up with anything better for them.

might be interested in hardy, have to see how these two rounds go

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭lebowskilite

5 shows + PPV

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭Prop Joe

Am i right in saying how this is how the draft plays out?

Round 11 - No Stip
    Round 12 - "Wildcard Round"
    Round 13,14,15- No Stip - Rounds merged into one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

Is anyone else not crazy about merging round 13 - 15 together? In previous years the draft would be moving very slowly and many big names would be gone at this stage, but things have been moving at lightening pace and there are still big names left

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

Man, writing is actually really tough. I have it all in my head like so it's not that, but I spent about an hour writing my first segment! It was a pain in the hole! On the bright side, happy with how it is going so far!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Am i right in saying how this is how the draft plays out?

Round 11 - No Stip
    Round 12 - "Wildcard Round"
    Round 13,14,15- No Stip - Rounds merged into one

as far as I can tell rd 11 is the stip round then 12 is the last normal one and 13/14/15 go together as one big round. This is going off the fact that TSC said he originally planned rd10 to be the rule breaker but wanted opinions and got things like the following
    I'd say let one more non-stip round go, then round 11 brings in the rule breaker stip, as there are still some big names left in the draft which are normally all gone by now, so give it one more round for them to be picked up :)

which iirc he agreed with.
    Is anyone else not crazy about merging round 13 - 15 together? In previous years the draft would be moving very slowly and many big names would be gone at this stage, but things have been moving at lightening pace and there are still big names left

tbh my concern with it is that although it will speed things up it will also mean a lot less time to write shows as Mrk says it can be quite a process some times and takes time plus as you said especially if 11 is the rule breaker there could still be some big names left in rd13 and it would be a big disadvantage then to be last in the order and be left with 3 complete jobbers while someone else can get 3 biggish names.

Having said that I dont think who ill draft from now on will change anyway no matter who is available later so meh even if in an ideal world id just do 14/15 together I really dont mind

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement