Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PW Draft 2014 - Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

Might have saved the Jackson vs Hassan storyline, involves drafting someone I got previously but I think I can make it work...

*watches as he gets picked next*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,305 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Am honestly surprised he lasted this long. The character works on so many different levels.

I was too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Yup, great pick.

Still makes me mad that WWE lost their balls and dropped him. He was the perfect character for the times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

Feedback regards some of the shows wrote up

BrianRegan:
    Very much a ECW style show which can only be a good thing, Tazz & Joe was always one of my dream matches,
    I think the
    Tazz victory over reigns
    was perfectly done and I really look forward to seeing where you go with Bossman

BountyHunter:
    I think the trade we did with you getting Andre is going to work very well especially if you keep him with Dibiase, what impressed me about the show was the length , If I am honest one of the reasons you did not get higher votes from me was the length of your show, it was too long in the past but this show was just perfect size.

MoneyMaker:
    I love Regal so anything with him in it I will love, be interesting to see what you do with him. Savage vs Bryan is money and with
    Pilman
    thrown in well that even better

FuriosRed:
    The Kane storyline has me hooked BIG APPLAUSE on that, you have a great tag division so cant really go wrong, then put HBK and AJ in the mix I would see you are a serious contender this year

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭Prop Joe

Is anyone else not crazy about merging round 13 - 15 together?

Where are we left with this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

I'm liking the merging of the rounds, it will speed things up considerably, and its done fairly. I've been screwed so far in the draws and it will make up for my hard luck in the draws

beakerjoe wrote: »
    I'm liking the merging of the rounds, it will speed things up considerably, and its done fairly. I've been screwed so far in the draws and it will make up for my hard luck in the draws

If we are merging rounds could I suggest who ever had the average worst draw goes 1st and so on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

I think that's the rule iirc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭Prop Joe

Merging 14 & 15 i think would be enough,3 picks in 1 don't leave much for whoever is last

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,968 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

I'd strongly suggest merging rounds 12-14 or 13-15. Three picks a round would be really hard on drafter number 16. Come round twelve he/she would see AT LEAST 45 personalities fall out of an already shallow pool before they would get the chance to wrap up their roster.

• Advertisement

Trust me the draft doesn't need speeding up at this stage, normally we are around round 5 or 6 at this stage, it has moved at a lightening pace.

Plus if people are putting up a show after each draft pick as with every year, it's going to add pressure to have shows down in time if 3 picks are done at once, meaning 3 shows have to be written

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,305 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Is anyone else not crazy about merging round 13 - 15 together? In previous years the draft would be moving very slowly and many big names would be gone at this stage, but things have been moving at lightening pace and there are still big names left

TBH I'm against the merging of the final 3 rounds

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,482 ✭✭✭brianregan09

I don't either way being honest, I think i'd think diffrent if we using the roster for a longer term, I'd think diffrently but so far i've most of my matches planned out for my ppv so far

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

As the person who suggested the idea - before the game had begun I'd like to add - my concern was that the last couple of rounds tend to be a slog to get through based on previous years.

I think the draft has been quick this year which is great but it's usually ran quite smoothly up to this point in previous years as well. When it gets to the latter stage rounds is when the interest seems to flag considerably as people have most of their roster sorted by that point.

While there are big names still out there, they are quickly being hoovered up now and I doubt there will be many big names around for the last three of the game.

Having said all that, if it's unpopular then alter the plans. Spare a thought, though, as beakerjoe touched on, for those who have been given really unlucky draws and were hoping these poor averages would provide a small crumb of comfort and a slight upturn of fortune before the game wraps up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

As the person who suggested the idea - before the game had begun I'd like to add - my concern was that the last couple of rounds tend to be a slog to get through based on previous years.

I think the draft has been quick this year which is great but it's usually ran quite smoothly up to this point in previous years as well. When it gets to the latter stage rounds is when the interest seems to flag considerably as people have most of their roster sorted by that point.

While there are big names still out there, they are quickly being hoovered up now and I doubt there will be many big names around for the last three of the game.

Having said all that, if it's unpopular then alter the plans. Spare a thought, though, as beakerjoe touched on, for those who have been given really unlucky draws and were hoping these poor averages would provide a small crumb of comfort and a slight upturn of fortune before the game wraps up.

As Shagnastii said though, the person in 16th place for the round would have 45 picks taken before them; the person choosing last would see 57 people gone before they get a chance to pick. I get the unlucky draw argument, I really do, but that's a massive disadvantage that isn't really reciprocated by the averages over the previous rounds as far as I can tell. I'm new to the game & it's late (and I'm p!ssed off at WWE :P ) so maybe I'm interpreting things wrong but on paper it looks unfair to me. 2 in 1 pick at most would be what I deem fair at this stage; even then whoever's last would see 38 people chosen before they can make a pick which is still a fairly sizable amount and possibly fairer in terms of averages. That's my opinion on it anyway, if we go ahead with the 3 in 1 pick then I don't really mind, it's only a game after all and everybody seems fairly easy going so whatever's decided I doubt anybody will complain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

As Shagnastii said though, the person in 16th place for the round would have 45 picks taken before them; the person choosing last would see 57 people gone before they get a chance to pick. I get the unlucky draw argument, I really do, but that's a massive disadvantage that isn't really reciprocated by the averages over the previous rounds as far as I can tell. I'm new to the game & it's late (and I'm p!ssed off at WWE :P ) so maybe I'm interpreting things wrong but on paper it looks unfair to me. 2 in 1 pick at most would be what I deem fair at this stage; even then whoever's last would see 38 people chosen before they can make a pick which is still a fairly sizable amount and possibly fairer in terms of averages. That's my opinion on it anyway, if we go ahead with the 3 in 1 pick then I don't really mind, it's only a game after all and everybody seems fairly easy going so whatever's decided I doubt anybody will complain.

I hear what you're saying, although I would point out that the person in 16th has had the fifth best average in the game overall. That means they've likely had top ten draws for the bulk of the game when the top guys are usually available. Are they really missing out on much in the final rounds in all honesty? When I look at who has gone in these rounds over the years, I don't think so. For me, the trade-off seemed fair enough. Let's face it, if offered a choice most would take a favourable average in the early rounds.

I thought it was a reasonable enough consolation prize tbh. A bit like saying, 'You've had rotten luck in the draws but on the bright side, you can finish off your picks by being near the top end.'

My aim with the idea -which again I stress I had before the game got under way - was to try and improve the feeling of fairness. With that being the case if people feel it is unfair then it may as well be scrapped as I didn't wish it to be seen as something unfair. I actually thought people were quite receptive to the idea before the game got under way.

I agree with you that it's not worth a big hullabaloo over it and I'll back whatever the powers that be and most folks want. The spirit of the game has been quite good and we should try and maintain that as the most important thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

As someone who's had very fair draw's the whole game, pretty much bottom 10 to top 10 every round so far. I'd have no problem with people who haven't had such fair rounds ending the game on a high...

Also WECWF releases it's First PPV Poster

yyv8.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

And with that pick my company's name makes no sense :P

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Weighing up what to do with the "Lightning round". Reading both sets of opinions. If people have more, I'd love to hear them (especially campo and D2D if ye are reading). Will make a decision by tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

Pick made PM sent eclectic roster continues

• Advertisement

Weighing up what to do with the "Lightning round". Reading both sets of opinions. If people have more, I'd love to hear them (especially campo and D2D if ye are reading). Will make a decision by tonight.

I think 2 rounds is plenty were going at a decent pace so there's no need for three in that sense, but I'm easy either way

Flag on play , snuka is a pre 1970 pick

campo wrote: »
    Flag on play , snuka is a pre 1970 pick

whhops sorry ill go again

Actually I was reading on Snuka, the top of his wiki says 1969, but it also says his first match was in 1970?

well ive changed now it's ok

If I can go back can I?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I tend to go by when or how people were chosen in drafts before. And looking back, he's always been a pre-70s round draft pick. So I'd be inclined to say he's not eligible at this round. Sorry.

okayguy.jpg

Pick up and PM sent , regards the merging of the rounds since the draft is going so quickly I would say lets just merge 14 & 15th round

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

pick is soon, dont know whether to reach now for someone who could go at the end but is crucial to a storyline or go with the best available, tough decisions.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,329 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Raf32 wrote: »
    pick is soon, dont know whether to reach now for someone who could go at the end but is crucial to a storyline or go with the best available, tough decisions.
    Storyline; always storyline, because a bunch of top names with out a good story is just a waste of time :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement