Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PW Draft 2014 - Discussion Thread

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Still not decided on R13-15. I reckon it might be a good idea to see how quick we get through rounds 11 and 12, and how fast picks are still coming, before we make a final decision.
    Still to pick
    17. Furious Red
    18. Beakerjoe
    19. Bounty Hunter
    20. Hashtag Heel

Round 11
    67kb.gif
    STIPULATION: Rule Breaker Round.
    For one round only, the rules are very flexible. We've been discussing it over in the discussion thread, but the following rules are not in affect this round.
    • Celebrities are eligible for this round.
    • Wrestlers who debuted pre-1970 are eligible for this round.
    • Tag teams can have ONE World Champion in them.
    • Don't have to have wrestled in an eligible promotion to be drafted.
    There might be other rules which can be twisted, but send them to me first, we'll discuss them and make it public.

Our draft order is as follows...
    1. Prop Joe
    2. JPLiz
    3. Waltersobchak
    4. Hashtag Heel
    5. Furious Red
    6. MNG
    7. A Brad Maddox Guy
    8. Shagnastii
    9. TeamShadowClan
    10. Lebowskilite
    11. Connemara man
    12. Beakerjoe
    13. Bounty Hunter
    14. TBC
    15. Jester252
    16. Moneymaker
    17. Mrkiscool
    18. Campo
    19. Raf32
    20. BrianRegan

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Can we pick a celeb with no association to wrestling?

Hmmm....I had thought about doing that with the celeb round. I worry about lifting the limitations a bit though; I'd worry about people drafting random ass people.

Thoughts?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

maybe if we dont do the three rounds together the order should still be the same for people who got bad placings throughout? Like the same order of picking for three rounds in a row.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Hmmm....I had thought about doing that with the celeb round. I worry about lifting the limitations a bit though; I'd worry about people drafting random ass people.

Thoughts?

Im against it. It could get ridiculous. I adding a celeb is good enough once they have wrestling background.

As regards the multi round pick, after hearing Brad Maddoz view he also has a point. I think the above suggestion is ideal.

Id have round 13-14 together and 15 on its own with same round order. Its a comprise I think to both sides of the arguement

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

After Beaker now and again next round, Was hoping for a good draw in this next one as I def need my rule breaker pick for storyline purposes but im still somewhat confident I will get my guy at no.13

Really regret already having my tag team quota filled now that we have this stip though but I guess All the tag picks I got are pretty essential for my plans

Celeb wise I dont mind either way but no I wouldnt be using it this way

• Advertisement

my post isn't going up.... :(

tis up, I had those boys last year - great tag team although obviously might not be too well known to wwe only fans. Now NJPWs bookers too so could be used in a GM type role and obviously judging by NJPW in recent years they know what their doing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,481 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Ahh thats a pity would love to use a random Celeb in mine , Its only ridculous if you write it badly

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭Prop Joe

The stip threw me a little as i went looking for a bargain but decided to stick to my original plans,Delighted i got Swagger so late in the draft..Picks are flying now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

Dying to get my celeb! Would love to grab them!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,968 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Hate to piddle on cornflakes but I'd also be against the picking of ANY celeb. I think I would take away from the heart of the game, wrestling and wrestling superstars.

Am I the only one clueless in terms of picking something special for this round? Most world champs with partners are gone, only a handful of pre-70s that would light you up and anyone really wanting a celeb has gotten them.

Sorry for being a bit of a moan but I'm more asking am I missing a beat here? Drawing quite the blank.

Ahh thats a pity would love to use a random Celeb in mine , Its only ridculous if you write it badly

By ridiculous I mean in the case of say, picking an celeb, you could pick any well known UFC fighter and use him. It could get to farcical stage where you could pick any well known Fighter, movie strong man or Pro footballer. Every roster thus could have a UFC fighter which would dilute some of the fun.

That being said I had an idea for an actor myself :D

As usual Ill play the cards as TSC deals them and ill be fine with it

Well I think the fun in is everyone is gonna pick something diffrent

Well I think the fun in is everyone is gonna pick something diffrent

Ah its an each to their own situation isn't it. Im not totally against it, but gun to my head I wouldn't be mad for it.

I wont moan if it works out for ya Bri

Yeah, I think we're better off having the limit and keeping the fact they have to have some relation to wrestling. I just think things could get too out of hand if not.

Anyway, I know who I want this round. And if I get him, I can start writing my shows :)

Anyway, I know who I want this round. And if I get him, I can start writing my shows :)

Much the same with me!

only a suggestion but with the pace of the draft this year, would 20 rounds be a good idea?

20 rounds wouldn't leave a whole lot of wrestlers to be drafted though would it ?

20 rounds wouldn't leave a whole lot of wrestlers to be drafted though would it ?

ya your right actually, i have barely any left on my list as it is, suppose we would only be picking up scraps at that stage.

I think maybe if the draft was for a longer term thing like 2 or 3 ppvs this would be cool but its a very short window with just one PPV could ya even use that many guys

• Advertisement

I remember the draft going on until near mania last year. I remember writing my PPV a couple of hours before mania too. This is lovely and quick!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,303 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Thoughts?

So only celebs with an association to wrestling?

Yeah

Sorry for the delay in picking but the stip is throwing me now

I remember the draft going on until near mania last year. I remember writing my PPV a couple of hours before mania too. This is lovely and quick!

you will miss it when ist gone

due to the Speed this year ist probably the only time I would actually consider a secondary draft of some sort as is oft suggested when the draft Ends just as People realise they are about to suffer withdrawl symptoms.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

Is the 3 month rule relaxed for this round?!?! Could make it more interesting

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

Liz I think Kia Stevens has already been drafted as Awesome Kong

Jester252 wrote: »
    Liz I think Kia Stevens has already been drafted as Awesome Kong

Damn you are correct lebowskilite beat me to her

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Damn you are correct lebowskilite beat me to her

Back to el drawing boardo for you Liz

• Advertisement