Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PW Draft 2014 - Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

After 11 rounds heres the draw averages

prop Joe has obvioisly jumped the highest after 2 first picks in a row (taking his total to 3 overall)

Heres the list from 9 rounds

1. Teamshadowclan : 7.5
    2. Furious Red : 7.77
    3. Lewbowskilite : 8.22
    4. Moneymaker : 8.55
    5. Brad Maddox Guy : 8.77
    6. TheBostonCrab : 9.11
    7. Brain Regan : 9.22
    8. Walrersobchek : 9.88
    9. Mrkiscool : 10.11
    10. Prop Joe : 10.22
    11. bounty Hunter : 10.55
    12. Hashtag Heel : 10.77
    13. JP Liz : 11.11
    14. Connemara Man : 11:33
    15. Raf32 : 12.00
    16. Shagnasti : 12.22
    17. Jester : 12.66
    18. Campo : 12.33
    19. Beakerjoe : 13.55
    20. Mr Nice Guy 14.00

Heres the list after 11 ROUNDS

1. TeamShadown Clan -8.2
    2. Furious Red - 8.36
    3. Prop Joe - 8.545
    4. Watlersobchek - 8.545 (Joint 3rd)
    5. Brad Maddox Guy - 8.818
    6. Lebowskilite - 9.00
    7. TBC - 9.27
    8. JP Liz - 9.54
    9. Moneymaker - 9.98
    10. BrianRegan - 10.18
    11. Mrkiscool - 10.72 -
    12. Connemara Man - 10.72 (Joint 11th)
    13. Hashtah Heel - 11.00
    14. BountyHunter - 11.5
    15. Shagnasti - 11.90
    16. Jester - 12.09
    17. Campo - 12.36
    18. Raf32 - 12.61
    19. MNG - 12.73
    20. Beaker Joe - 13.8

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

I'm so conflicted! I've got two celebs I'd like! One suits two of my characters and one suits the all over weird stuff that'll go on! I can't think!!

I'm so conflicted! I've got two celebs I'd like! One suits two of my characters and one suits the all over weird stuff that'll go on! I can't think!!

Go with your heart young man :o

Hi guys, just a quick question, How many matches would you be having on your PPV? Ill be going with six/seven myself....

Is that too many?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Hi guys, just a quick question, How many matches would you be having on your PPV? Ill be going with six/seven myself....

Is that too many?

nope im looking at 7 myself atm, might even throw in a BWA.com kickoff show match too for my supprting cast :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭Prop Joe

X-Pac has announced he is poised to terminate his contract with MEWA starting a scramble between all other promotions for his signature.

This was his reaction when approached by another promoters

x-pac-1771298.jpg

Quick thinking by MEWA chairman "A Brad Maddox Guy" resulted in a lucrative trade deal with WWC.

The Big Valbowski will now join MEWA with X-Pac joining the WWC Roster

Venis was unable to comment on the move but was pictured out celebrating his move

venis.jpg

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Pick made and PM sent

Pick made and PM sent

plus obligatory GIF :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

Any excuse to post this:

^ No idea what that was, just says an error occured anytime I look at it

anywhoo I think someone may have already asked but the tag limit rule cannot be ignored in this round can it?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

No. I think that would veer too much into an unfair territory on people who haven't drafted 5 teams in the 10 rounds.

No. I think that would veer too much into an unfair territory on people who haven't drafted 5 teams in the 10 rounds.

:( really wanna argue as I just thought of how I could get what I wanted this round and an extra awesome storyline, plus cos I am not a fan of that rule in the slightest to begin with but alas I get it.

Once I get my pick this round im fully confident I will at the very least have all my big feuds set anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,303 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I wanted more rules allowed to be broken this round

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I wanted more rules allowed to be broken this round

Well, as I've said, there's more available if people want to make an argument for them. I just don't want to break the game or give people a massive advantage. The 6th tag team one, any celebrity, and the abolition of the 3 month rule, to me, can break the game if abused...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,303 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Well, as I've said, there's more available if people want to make an argument for them. I just don't want to break the game or give people a massive advantage. The 6th tag team one, any celebrity, and the abolition of the 3 month rule, to me, can break the game if abused...

Fair enough, I'm just mad I picked a celeb and pre 70s pick during those specific rounds when I could done have this round so more peeved at myself really :p

I guess the advantage there could be getting a pre70s vs pre70s, or a celeb vs celeb, something which isn't always available in drafts ;)

tried to stop myself from asking this as I dont wanna be making too much of it but how is that unfair, they had the same chance as anyone else to pick a tag team if they wanted but instead went for a singles star. If anything I always felt it was unfair the other way round as im being punished now for not going for a singles star (although that is obviously far too extreme a way to word it as this is a stip round and its something extra not a punishment in anyway at all)

Ha I had a celeb vs a Celeb last year, two boxers infact and just said screw it im not booking a wrestling match ill just let them box, but that was cos of the duplicate round.

Each person gets 15 picks, and within those picks, they get a maximum number of wrestlers. People can choose to ignore certain stip rounds to choose a different name, but it doesn't put them at an advantage in terms of getting an extra guy in.

If people chose to ignore the other stip rounds, they've got another chance here, but they aren't at a bigger advantage or disadvantage cause of previous choices. People who availed of the stip rounds, meanwhile, have the chance to create feuds that normally wouldn't be possible. Neither side gets punished or put at a disadvantage.

If there's a chance to draft a 6th team, it does punish people for not choosing 5 tag teams in the first 10 rounds. There's no way to make up the ground lost, and there's not as much of an advantage having not chosen the 5 tag teams already.

At least, that's my view on it.

ahhh i guess im just moaning cos I dont like that rule in general and cos I saw a great pick if that rule was broken in this round but tbh I'd probably say you shouldnt reverse your decision on it even if I could convince you it sucks as the rules were set at the start of the round and from that point on they shouldnt be changed or it would def be unfair on those who picked before more options became available.

Ive a question guys, whats your opinion on created characters who would be related to real superstar? are they possible?

Ideally Id like to create a sister for one of my superstars and have her involved in a feud? Whats the rules on situations like this?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

Ive a question guys, whats your opinion on created characters who would be related to real superstar? are they possible?

Ideally Id like to create a sister for one of my superstars and have her involved in a feud? Whats the rules on situations like this?

Use whoever you like, book them and change their gimmick..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

That's a hell of a pick. Will have mine up in a minute

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

My last tag pick made. In other news...
    Turmoil within Monday Night Grappling

Rumours are running rampant across the internet that Monday Night Grappling's reigning World Champion CM Punk has abruptly quit the company.

There have been suggestions the past number of months that Punk was unhappy at Hulk Hogan being brought in and being reportedly made the highest-paid superstar in the company's history, as well as being given a degree of creative control.

Other rumours have suggested the new contract for ex-girlfriend Beth Phoenix has left him angry with management. His reported current girlfriend AJ Lee is also within the company.

Neither Punk nor the company could be reached for comment. Stay tuned to Monday Night Grappling for more on this developing story.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Great pick MNG, they were going to be my pick so raging there gone, thought they might have kept dropping. Back to the drawing board

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,968 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Said I'd go with a real golden oldie for the s*it and gigs.

Gutted cause it looks like Punk could be back up for grabs:pac:

Use whoever you like, book them and change their gimmick..

No, I was thinking of creating a character out of thin air.

I seen how MNG used created characters last year in his Irish tough enough comp.

I was just wondering can I just create a character out of thin air that wasn't a pick. Like If I picked hacksaw jim duggan and just made up a brother for him that wasn't part of my picks, is this allowed?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

No, I was thinking of creating a character out of thin air.

I seen how MNG used created characters last year in his Irish tough enough comp.

I was just wondering can I just create a character out of thin air that wasn't a pick. Like If I picked hacksaw jim duggan and just made up a brother for him that wasn't part of my picks, is this allowed?

I wouldnt imagine that's allowed on your PPV.. Thats an extra pick basically.. You could theoretically create a clone of Punk or Austin or anyone then.. I'd say a created jobber for your house show's are grand though..

0adn.gif
    Following the announcement of Chuck Norris signing up for the "Authority Rulez" PPV, The Authority are pleased to announce that on the first of four special build up shows, "Legends of Action Films" Arnold Schwarzenegger and Chuck Norris will meet face to face in the ring.

Also on the show, by order of Triple H, Eddie Guerrero and Rey Mysterio will face off in a special exhibition match!"

Can start writing my shows tomorrow. Think I've got most of my main feuds set up and ready to go now :D

The created character wouldn't be wrestling, but they would be involved in storylines alright

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,968 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

My Two Cents.

Personally speaking, I haven't a problem with created characters but no matter how good they are written I never warm to them. Might be a bit blunt but IMO you've used your skills over x amount of weeks compiling a decent size roster, used what you have.

If you tweak a talent to link with somebody that's great but fictional characters sort of take away from your wise and shroud draft picks.

For example I'd invested more in a black voodoo witch being placed with Papa Shango if it was say Paige or another "dark" divas as opposed to Ms. Voodoo the fictional valet you have come up with.

Is that trail of thought a bit OTT?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement