Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PW Draft 2014 - Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

ShagNastii wrote: »
    My Two Cents.

Personally speaking, I haven't a problem with created characters but no matter how good they are written I never warm to them. Might be a bit blunt but IMO you've used your skills over x amount of weeks compiling a decent size roster, used what you have.

If you tweak a talent to link with somebody that's great but fictional characters sort of take away from your wise and shroud draft picks.

For example I'd invested more in a black voodoo witch being placed with Papa Shango if it was say Paige or another "dark" divas as opposed to Ms. Voodoo the fictional valet you have come up with.

Is that trail of thought a bit OTT?

No its spot on really. My character would be exactly like your example given

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

I wouldnt imagine that's allowed on your PPV.. Thats an extra pick basically.. You could theoretically create a clone of Punk or Austin or anyone then.. I'd say a created jobber for your house show's are grand though..

Yes I would imagine created wrestlers would strictly be 'local jobbers'. If the creation is like an authority figure e.g. Bounty Hunter's bounty hunter, am I right in thinking they could still be used as part of a feud (out of ring)? I.e. Could I have a match between wrestlers I've picked in the draft and the reason being there's a power struggle feud involving a created owner?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

Anyone find it amazing we have a PPV called "Authourity rulez" and a PPV called "Anarchy Rules"?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Yes I would imagine created wrestlers would strictly be 'local jobbers'. If the creation is like an authority figure e.g. Bounty Hunter's bounty hunter, am I right in thinking they could still be used as part of a feud (out of ring)? I.e. Could I have a match between wrestlers I've picked in the draft and the reason being there's a power struggle feud involving a created owner?

last year the idea of a CAW was specifically brought up and it was decided we could each have / create 1, hense my chairman Bounty Hunter character or MNG Fibber McGee iirc, in previous years I also had a chairman character but there was some reason each time iirc like one year BH was only mentioned like the powers that be but then eventually there was the reveal that BH was actually my celeb from that year Jay Leno.

I personally prefer the idea of a GM as a CAW as when the card comes out for the PPV i wouldnt really care about wrestler X vs real wrestler but if it was 2 real wrestlers who are in a match set up by a fake GM well im not going to care about the match less as a result once the two wrestlers suit a rivalry and the story was good to build it etc

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Anyone find it amazing we have a PPV called "Authourity rulez" and a PPV called "Anarchy Rules"?

You implying a breech of copyright? cause if you are...

hhh-angry.gif

Besides. Mine has a Z. Which means I'm hip with the kids....kidz...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,303 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I thought Snuka was already picked

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I thought Snuka was already picked

He was but I think he debuted in 69 so was ineligible for the round and the pick had to be remade.
    last year the idea of a CAW was specifically brought up and it was decided we could each have / create 1, hense my chairman Bounty Hunter character or MNG Fibber McGee iirc, in previous years I also had a chairman character but there was some reason each time iirc like one year BH was only mentioned like the powers that be but then eventually there was the reveal that BH was actually my celeb from that year Jay Leno.

I personally prefer the idea of a GM as a CAW as when the card comes out for the PPV i wouldnt really care about wrestler X vs real wrestler but if it was 2 real wrestlers who are in a match set up by a fake GM well im not going to care about the match less as a result once the two wrestlers suit a rivalry and the story was good to build it etc

That's pretty much exactly what I was wondering. I have a feud planned which involves a GM but the person I really wanted for the role was picked by someone else. I may still choose a real life person to play the role but wanted to know what my options were if I needed to change my draft plans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Just after thinking of a pick which is still available which will change my whole main event but if they are there when i go to pick i cant say no

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

Besides. Mine has a Z. Which means I'm hip with the kids....kidz...

Gorram auto-correct! Took the 'Z' outbid mine!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

just waiting on confirmation of a pic then im set

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

Pick made and PM sent another 2 big men to PCW

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭lebowskilite

Two more names and my PPV card is wrapped up. Starting write-ups now I think.

Thanks to the rule breaker round the loss of Chono has been a blessing, as Ive managed to fill his role with a Pre 70's Legend in Inoki!

Question TSC, Campo and D2D, I made a tag team pick in a previous round, Now one guy I have struggled to write for while the other is in a feud and sown up. Is it against the rules to change my pick to just a one of them and pick another tag team in a later round???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Question TSC, Campo and D2D, I made a tag team pick in a previous round, Now one guy I have struggled to write for while the other is in a feud and sown up. Is it against the rules to change my pick to just a one of them and pick another tag team in a later round???

I am afraid so beakerjoe, only way you can pick another tag team is

A) if you only have picked 4 so far or
    B) Trade a tag team away

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Yeah, campo is right. Definitely no changing of picks from previous rounds. Could open up a whole can of worms...

Thought as much, was just changing my arm. Oh well,

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Happy enough to have the two Funks together in the BWA now to see what Crab Man does

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,968 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Now we're sucking diesel Re: pre 70s all time greats. Although it's wrestling from another age I always think these characters really add to the game and peoples write up's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

MNG must have some sort of PW Draft hacks.

Absurdly good pick at this stage.

• Advertisement

Moneymaker wrote: »
    MNG must have some sort of PW Draft hacks.

Absurdly good pick at this stage.

He has the worst draws and still one of the best rosters in the game :p the champ is coming out fighting for three in a row

He has the worst draws and still one of the best rosters in the game :p the champ is coming out fighting for three in a row

Hes doing very well in the Picks considering his position in the draws average. The man to beat.

4 more left this round and its round 12! Wowsers. :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

My 2nd show is up please give it a gander and as always feedback welcome, good and bad

2nd show already.... Jesus I've only half through my first and waiting on the rest of my picks.

is the next round a stip round too?

Actually are there any more stip rounds remaining???

So what is the deal for the next few rounds merged or not?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

So what is the deal for the next few rounds merged or not?

I really hope not

I really hope not

i really hope so :pac:

• Advertisement

I really hope not

Yes me too

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement