Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PW Draft 2014 - Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

I hope its merged. Ive been hit hard by the draw order.

sure its round 12 next, as far as im aware the original idea was 13-15 merged.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

beakerjoe wrote: »
    I hope its merged. Ive been hit hard by the draw order.

sure its round 12 next, as far as im aware the original idea was 13-15 merged.

agree here, feel the people who have had bad draws deserve some kind of help to even out the odds.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Will try to read Campos show #2 later but with regards this debate id still say since our pace is so fast this year perhaps merge round 14/15 but not all 3 remaining ones, therefore not rushing everyone on write ups by finishing the drafting itself so early but still giving an advantage t =o those who didnt have a great draw, although Beaker and MNG seem to be bottom of the list in that regard and would def not be bottom of the list quality wise imo, some very good drafting to compensate for late drafts. With my average of around 11th or so im happy enough with what ive assembled

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

Will try to read Campos show #2 later but with regards this debate id still say since our pace is so fast this year perhaps merge round 14/15 but not all 3 remaining ones, therefore not rushing everyone on write ups by finishing the drafting itself so early but still giving an advantage t =o those who didnt have a great draw, although Beaker and MNG seem to be bottom of the list in that regard and would def not be bottom of the list quality wise imo, some very good drafting to compensate for late drafts. With my average of around 11th or so im happy enough with what ive assembled

I've given my opinion on this before but I still agree with the above. Merging 2 rounds is enough, merging 3 would see 57 picks gone before Teamshadowclan (I believe he has the best average so far since last checked and so last pick for this) can get anybody. I just don't see that as being too fair even if he has had good luck in the draws so far.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Buddy Rodgers is obviously a great but he could have been taken with a tag partner in this round if im not mistaken

• Advertisement

Personally I need all 15 of my picks to be made before I can post a write up so the speed of the rounds is a moot point to me :)

May I suggest merging round 12/13 and have that rounds order in relation to average picks. Gives the fairness to those who have had rough draws and doesn't hinder the speed of the picks

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Right, how bout this...

Round 12: Normal round
    Round 13: Pick order is decided by average pick order so far. Single pick.
    Round 14/15: Pick order is same as Round 13, two picks made to close the draft off.

Honestly, at this stage, I don't think draft order is necessarily hugely important, but it's a final little balance to let people finish off their undercards. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

Can i suggest since the draft has absolutely flown this year, a bonus 16th round? And for it to be make a pick for the next person round? and it could then be in reverse order to round's 12-15.. Basically bring the game full circle and end it how we started with the reverse order?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,968 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Roster update

Mr.Nice Guy: CM Punk, Hulk Hogan, The Road Warriors aka Hawk and Animal, Nick Bockwinkel & Ray Stevens, AJ Lee & Kaitlyn, Big Van Vader, Jerry The King Lawler, Zeb Colter aka Dutch Mantell & Dr. D David Schultz, Beth Phoenix, Nikita Koloff, 'Mr. Wonderful' Paul Orndorff and Jimmy 'Superfly' Snuka

Raf32: Raven, Sting, RVD, JBL, Ron Simmons, The Miz, Test & Albert, Drew McIntyre, Laycool aka Layla and Michelle McCool, The Highlanders

Bounty Hunter: Bret Hart, Hiroshi Tanahashi & Shinsuke Nakamura, Ted Dibiase Snr, Terry Funk, The Fabulous Freebirds aka Michael "P.S." Hayes & Terry Gordy, Demolition aka Ax & Smash, Team Co-Bro aka Santino Marella & Zack Ryder, Natalya Neidhart, Bruiser Brody, Andre the Giant, Mickie James, Dory Funk Jnr

brianregan09: Samoa Joe, Seth Rollins & Roman Reigns, Tazz, Rhyno, Big Bossman & One Man Gang, Ryback, La Parka & Psicosis, Strikeforce aka Tito Santana & Rick Martel, Abyss & Matt Morgan, Low Ki

Moneymaker: Daniel Bryan, Randy Savage, Goldust & Cody Rhodes, Brian Pillman, William Regal, MsChif & Cheerleader Melissa, Lance Storm, Sara Del Rey, Mike Awesome, The Eliminators(Perry Saturn and John Kronus), Buddy Rogers

beakerjoe: Soloman Crowe & Dean Ambrose, Goldberg, Okada, Ravishing Rick Rude, Ethan Carter & Fandango,Bam Bam Bigelow & Chris Kanyon, James Storm, Shane McMahon, Brian Kendrick & Ezekiel Jackson, Gedo and Jado, Antonio Inoki

Teamshadowclan: Eddie Guerrero, HHH, Vince McMahon, Rey Mysterio, Lex Luger, Kevin Nash, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Stephanie McMahon, Chyna, Bobby Lashley, Davey Boy Smith Jr. and Lance Archer, Chuck Norris

ShagNasti: Ric Flair, John Cena, Ultimate Warrior, Jesse The Body Ventura & Adorable Adrian Adonis, Scott Steiner, Rick Steiner, Enzo Amore, Jerry Springer, Devon Dudley & The Pope D'Angelo Dinero, Masahiro Chono & Hiroyoshi Tenzan, Gorgeous George

Jester252: Mick Foley, Chris Jericho, Diamond Dallas Page, New Age Outlaws aka Billy Gunn and Road Dogg,MNM aka Joey Mercurzzy & Johnny Nitro, Ken Shamrock, Finlay, Scotty 2 Hotty & Grandmaster Sexay, Tommy Dreamer, Brad Maddox, R-Truth, Kofi Kingston

connemara man: Jeff Hardy' Bubba Ray Dudley, Mark Henry, Rikishi, Big E Langston, Brooke Tessmacher, The Godfather & D'Lo Brown, Jesse & Festus, Team Elite aka Derrick Neikirk & Mike Knox, Junkyard Dog, Big John Studd, King Kong Bundy

Campo: Austin Aries, The Rock, Alberto Del Rio, Chavo Guerrero & Hernandez, Bray Wyatt & Bo Dallas, Mike Rotunda, Barry Windham, Bob Backlund, Los Matadores aka Primo & Epico, Carlito & Konnan

waltersobchak: Mitsuharu Misawa & Kenta Kobashi, Brock Lesnar, Ricky Steamboat, Rowdy Roddy Piper, Jake The Snake Roberts, Kerry Von Erich, The Iron Sheik, Paul Heyman, The Midnight Express, Dean Malenko, Harley Race

Prop Joe: Christian, Randy Orton, Batista, Jeff Jarrett, The Big Show, David Otunga & Joe Hennig, Buff Bagwell, The Young Bucks,V-Squared aka Val Venis & Viscera, Mark Jindrak & Sean O'Haire , Jack Swagger

lebowskilite: Christopher Daniels & Matt Sydal aka Evan Bourne, Edge, Mr Perfect & Scott Hall, Billy Graham, Bobby Roode, Awesome Kong & Aja Kong, The Dynamic Dudes aka Johnny Ace & Shane Douglas, Frankie Kazarian, Michael Cole, Hunico, Grado

Furious-Red: AJ Styles, HBK, Kane, Mr. Anderson, The World's Greatest Tag Team aka Shelton Benjamin & Charlie Haas, Jimmy Uso & Jey Uso, Billy Kidman & Paul London, Chris Sabin, Alex Shelley, Angelina Love and Winter, Emma

thebostoncrab: Nigel McGuinness, Chris Benoit, The Dynamite Kid, Arn Anderson & Tully Blanchard, Stan Hansen, Jushin "Thunder" Liger, The Extreme Horseman aka Steve Corino & CW Anderson, KENTA & Marufuji Naomichi, Quinton Rampage Jackson, Dr Death Steve Williams, Sabu, Jun Akiyama

Hashtag_HEEL: Chris Hero & Antonio Cesaro, Dolph Ziggler, Wade Barrett, Sheamus, MVP & Matt Hardy, Heath Slater, Rockstar Spud, Prime Time Players aka Titus O'Neill & Darren Young, Cliff Compton, Paige, Andy Kaufman

JP Liz V1: The American Wolves aka Davey Richards & Eddie Edwards, Kurt Angle, Damien Sandow, Bobby "The Brain" Heenan, Trish Stratus & Lita, International Airstrike aka Tyson Kidd & Justin Gabriel, William Shatner, The Nasty Boys aka Brian Knobs & Jerry Sags, Head Cheese aka Al Snow & Steve Blackman, Muhammad Hassan, Xavier Woods aka Consequences Creed

A Brad Maddox Guy: Keji Mutoh, The Undertaker, Owen Hart & The British Bulldog, Dusty Rhodes, Booker T, Yokozuna, X-Pac & Hardcore Bob Holly, 3 Minute Warning aka Jamal & Rosey, Shane Hurricane Helms, The Killer Elite Squad aka Davey Boy Smith Jr. and Lance Archer, Molly Holly

mrkiscool2: Sami Zayn, Kevin Steen, Stone Cold Steve Austin, Fergal Devitt & Minoru, Bruno Sammartino, Sid Vicious, Ultimo Dragon, Jay & Mark Briscoe, The Great Sasuke, Sable, The All Night Express aka Kenny King & Rhett Titus

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

Can i suggest since the draft has absolutely flown this year, a bonus 16th round? And for it to be make a pick for the next person round? and it could then be in reverse order to round's 12-15.. Basically bring the game full circle and end it how we started with the reverse order?

I like this idea

• Advertisement

Great idea

Right, how bout this...

Round 12: Normal round
    Round 13: Pick order is decided by average pick order so far. Single pick.
    Round 14/15: Pick order is same as Round 13, two picks made to close the draft off.

Honestly, at this stage, I don't think draft order is necessarily hugely important, but it's a final little balance to let people finish off their undercards. :)

I can dig that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

I like it. Walt is wise

Was bored this evening whilst watching TV. Here are a few PW DRAFT 2013 random titbits I’ve put together.

Extreme!!!!

Thebostoncrab has the greatest number of ECW alumni (Sabu, Dr. Death Steve Williams, Stan Hansen, Tully Blanchard, Chris Benoit, Steve Corino)

Age is but a number.

Shagnastii has the oldest drafted thus far as Gorgeous George would have been 99 this year. Hashtag Heel has the baby of the group as Paige is 22 this year (Can’t find Grado’s age but I’d guess he is about 20 odd)

Who you hiding from?

A Brad Maddox guy’s roster has the most amount of wrestlers that have wrestled under a mask for a considered amount of their career ( Kenji Mutoh, Owen Hart, Rosey and Hurricane)

Wrestling’s sad fact

Moneymaker has the largest collection of deceased talent with 5 (Brian Pillman, Randy Savage, Mike Awesone, John Kronus, Buddy Rogers)

Divas stat

There have been 18 females drafted at this time.

Bleedin’ Foreigners (comin’ here etc etc)

In terms of non-American talent campo and thebostoncrab lead the way with 7. This does depend on whether you class Chavo and Hernandez as pure Mexicans. So so many rosters picked that have 5 non-American personalities.

Red Carpet

Mr Nice Guy tops the league in terms of WWE Hall of Famers (Hulk Hogan, The Road Warriors, Mr Wonderful, Jimmy Snuka, Jerry “The King” Lawler, Nick Bockwinkel). Have you drafted many future hall of famers?

The Big One

WWE title quick fire stats. Accumulated days held- mrkiscool2 (4,666 days) most former WWE champs drafted- teamshadowclan (5) Most reigns- Shagnastii (14)

#boardsPWdraft

If we are being followed on twitter campo has the biggest audience. 8,075,236 collective followers from all the people he has drafted. It must be said, not a single roster even suppressed The Rock mighty 6,696,594 followers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

CW Anderson and Arn Anderson from my roster are also ECW alumni, didn't even realise I had so many until now!

Sorry I had counted CW. TBH if you asked me Sabu, Corino and CW Anderson were the only one I would have said. According to wikipedia all the rest were there at one time or another.

is the order for the next round up yet?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

On the "pick for someone else" idea, I got a PM yesterday proposing a similar idea. So I'll outline here what I said to it last night.

I personally feel if such a round takes place, it should take place early enough in the draft, where there's actually a lot of desirable names left. One concern I'd have with such an idea so late on, and in the last round especially, is that basically people will be drafting wrestlers to other peoples rosters who won't have any impact on the roster; feuds will be solidified at that stage, shows planned and starting to be written, and the level of names left, for the most part, will be low level guys, midcarders at best.

My worry then is that everyone would simply get a person they don't want, and will either not use them or simply use them as a jobber. While I'm not necessarily against a 16th round if there was the right idea, I just worry that the end result for a "Pick for someone else" at this stage would be everyone having a nuisance on their roster taking up space.

On the "pick for someone else" idea, I got a PM yesterday proposing a similar idea. So I'll outline here what I said to it last night.

I personally feel if such a round takes place, it should take place early enough in the draft, where there's actually a lot of desirable names left. One concern I'd have with such an idea so late on, and in the last round especially, is that basically people will be drafting wrestlers to other peoples rosters who won't have any impact on the roster; feuds will be solidified at that stage, shows planned and starting to be written, and the level of names left, for the most part, will be low level guys, midcarders at best.

My worry then is that everyone would simply get a person they don't want, and will either not use them or simply use them as a jobber. While I'm not necessarily against a 16th round if there was the right idea, I just worry that the end result for a "Pick for someone else" at this stage would be everyone having a nuisance on their roster taking up space.

TSC makes a good point, if it took place in round 8 or 9, it would have been a different story. That being said, its nice to have some one who might at least add to a backstage segment or a match thats not a jobber

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

What if the names picked go into a metaphorical hat with a draw at the end of the round meaning you have a slight chance of getting who you picked? Might encourage people to pick the best possible people, though I guess it could still leave you with the same problem. Maybe drop the eligible promotion rule for it so a lot of Indy guys again become available at a time they're more likely to be picked?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

Still a tremendous level of talent left so while I can see why you might automatically assume it'll be for the most part jobbers I can still see some great opportunities to add something to others rosters

2 great old school tag teams getting snapped up. Great value at this late round. Seems as if almost everyone wanted to break the pre 70s rule in this round.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

I think a 16th round wouldn't be a bad thing at all, just because of how fast we are going this year and, as Walt said, there are still a lot of big big names left! (Which is still my argument against grouping rounds together, it's moving at a fast pace and there are still big names left)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭Prop Joe

If i remember correctly the idea of grouping the rounds together was to speed up the usually slow pick,I would have to say with the speed of the picks there is no need to group rounds together

Prop Joe wrote: »
    If i remember correctly the idea of grouping the rounds together was to speed up the usually slow pick,I would have to say with the speed of the picks there is no need to group rounds together

This and to give those who had a bad hand in the draws a level playing field in terms of fairness. The draws, though random havent been kind to some and wouldnt be fair to those who have had bad luck in terms of round placing.

Its hard for both of us to be impartial as we are both at opposite ends of the draw averages.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,303 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I'll go along with what the consensus/majority is in regard to the extra bonus round in picking for next person and the rounds merge or what Teamshadowclan decides but to reiterate I am against the thread merge but am in favour of the extra bonus round in picking for another roster

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,481 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Not sure whos next as I was 20th can someone pm for me as im at work on phone

no one next, end of the round and next one not up yet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,303 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Not sure whos next as I was 20th can someone pm for me as im at work on phone

R 12 draw is not up yet but when it is I will pm whomever is first

• Advertisement

Drat! Had Easy E lined up for a power struggle with Shane-O-Mac

Hes a wanker and that can be a great asset in the game IMO

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement