Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PW Draft 2014 - Discussion Thread

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Whoopsie, will do up the list now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Should have kept my mouth shut about how lucky I was with the draws.

Been down in the last 4 every time since :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭Prop Joe

Moneymaker wrote: »

Been down in the last 4 every time since :pac:

Wow the luck i have had..Three no.1 picks in a row.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I'm liking the ideas suggested on the previous pages. Some good stuff there. A 16th round could be a nice change and personally I wouldn't actually mind if it was jobbers as they're always needed on write-ups normally.

Perhaps if it's not jobbers though we could mark these other picks with an asterisk or something to indicate that they were picked by someone else?

Also, I'm gonna bump this earlier post of mine:
    Someone earlier in the thread I think made an offer for photoshop etc?

Well I'm not looking for anything too fancy but if someone could do me a simple sig that says 'Monday Night Grappling' that I can stick on the top of my write-ups I'd appreciate it.

Anyone? :o

Think Liz was looking for something too btw if anyone wants to help us out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

I'm liking the ideas suggested on the previous pages. Some good stuff there. A 16th round could be a nice change and personally I wouldn't actually mind if it was jobbers as they're always needed on write-ups normally.

Perhaps if it's not jobbers though we could mark these other picks with an asterisk or something to indicate that they were picked by someone else?

Also, I'm gonna bump this earlier post of mine:

Anyone? :o

Think Liz was looking for something too btw if anyone wants to help us out.

I contacted Deadlie (the guy who originally posted it back on page 3 iirc) and hes been in contact with me. Swell guy who seems happy to help!

• Advertisement

Here are the averages after round 11

1. TeamShadown Clan -8.2
    2. Furious Red - 8.36
    3. Prop Joe - 8.545
    4. Watlersobchek - 8.545 (Joint 3rd)
    5. Brad Maddox Guy - 8.818
    6. Lebowskilite - 9.00
    7. TBC - 9.27
    8. JP Liz - 9.54
    9. Moneymaker - 9.98
    10. BrianRegan - 10.18
    11. Mrkiscool - 10.72 -
    12. Connemara Man - 10.72 (Joint 11th)
    13. Hashtah Heel - 11.00
    14. BountyHunter - 11.5
    15. Shagnasti - 11.90
    16. Jester - 12.09
    17. Campo - 12.36
    18. Raf32 - 12.61
    19. MNG - 12.73
    20. Beaker Joe - 13.8
    and heres how things look after ROUND 12
    1. Prop Joe - 7.916
    2. Brad Maddox Guy - 8.4166
    3. TSC - 8.4166 (Joint 2nd)
    4. Furious Red - 8.75
    5. TBC - 9.166
    6. Lewbowskilite - 9.416
    7. Waltersobchek - 9.5
    8. JP Liz - 10.25
    9. Connemara Man - 10.333
    10. Moneymaker - 10.5
    11. Hashtag - 10.66
    12. BrianRegan - 10.66 (joint 11th)
    13. MrKiscool - 10.833
    14. Shagnasti - 11.083
    15. Jester252 - 11.5
    16. Bounty Hunter - 11.833
    17. MNG - 11.916
    18. RAF32 - 12.33
    19. Campo - 12.91
    20. BeakerJoe - 13.583

Prope Joe has got the same number the most times (number 1) and has got that number 3 times on the bounce, lucky sod. :)

Brad Maddox Guy has got the same number three times (number 3) as has Moneymaker and Shagnasti (both number 16). Connemara Man got number 6 three times while TBC has also got number 8 three times.

MNG has got 14 and 19 twice, and also dreaded 20 twice. BrianRegan and Hashtag Heel also got unlucky 20 twice! Raf32 has been drawn at 19 twice and Beaker Joe has got 18 twice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

beakerjoe wrote: »
    I contacted Deadlie (the guy who originally posted it back on page 3 iirc) and hes been in contact with me. Swell guy who seems happy to help!

Yeah, I knew he made that offer which is super nice of him. I don't want to overburden the chap though if he's helping others out.

What I'm looking for is just basically a sig thing so it's not too elaborate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

OCW Episode 2 Preview:

- William Regal will announce further bouts for Oldschool Rising and address the Brian Pillman situation.

- The debut of Buddy Rogers, what will he have to say?

- Mike Awesome vs Randy Savage

- Cody Rhodes vs Perry Saturn

- Bryan Danielson vs Lance Storm: 30 Minute Submission match

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

Brad Maddox Guy has got the same number three times (number 3) as has Moneymaker and Shagnasti (both number 16). Connemara Man got number 6 three times while TBC has also got number 8 three times.

MNG has got 14 and 19 twice, and also dreaded 20 twice. BrianRegan and Hashtag Heel also got unlucky 20 twice! Raf32 has been drawn at 19 twice and Beaker Joe has got 18 twice.

Well I am the devil

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

Yeah, I knew he made that offer which is super nice of him. I don't want to overburden the chap though if he's helping others out.

What I'm looking for is just basically a sig thing so it's not too elaborate.

I used cooltext.com to make a logo for my show and it was really easy. The only problem is there's not a lot of designs but if it's just something simple you're looking for it should be able to do the job.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

*realizes ive dropped down to 16th in the order of how good a draw i've gotten.... I would like to change my stance Yes we should grroup every round together from now on and we should have several extra rounds which are included in this too :pac:

nah seriously id still say to do as was planned all along in 2 rounds as a compensation for a poor draw but not 3 as we are going so fast already.

Im in favour of a 16th round.

That said if the 16th round is the last one and is the pick for someone else round I dont think it would be a great idea because I could imagine that round really dragging as people wouldn't be as anxious to make their pick / checking boards as much for their go etc seing as they wouldnt be picking for themselves anyway.

Therefore I would say to tag it onto another round i.e (my suggestion) if the extra 16th round isn't just a pick for someone else round but instead make your pick and then pick for the person before you in the order. As we say last year people didn't make joke unwanted picks for each other and generally put thought into who would fit said roster especially seing as they had not gotten their bonus pick given to them yet and if they did make an unwanted joke pick for someone the next person perhaps would do the same to them as it would be all they would deserve).

Personally im happy with picking up some enhancement talent with this round but it could also be tagged onto an earlier one if others wanted it not to be just jobbers and if the idea was that it was a stand alone extra round at the end it could be tagged onto rd15 and not an extra 16th round.

Right, how bout this...

Round 12: Normal round
    Round 13: Pick order is decided by average pick order so far. Single pick.
    Round 14/15: Pick order is same as Round 13, two picks made to close the draft off.

Honestly, at this stage, I don't think draft order is necessarily hugely important, but it's a final little balance to let people finish off their undercards. :)

I still think this is the fairest solution yet

as for a 16th round, i see BH's point about it being a joke round that people would not take seriously, but I think everyone here would make a concious effort to pick someone who suited anothers roster. maybe posters should give a reason for their 16th round pick for someone else. Within the reason should be a genuine link between the pick and someone from the roster.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭Prop Joe

Not in favour of the pick for someone else,I would assume most people have there storyboard in there heads by now,adding unwanted superstars will result in them not used,if we are having a 16th round it should be a straight forward pick IMO

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,968 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Have my pick up in about 15. Have about 5 guys and haven't a clue which to go for:confused:

Prop Joe wrote: »
    Not in favour of the pick for someone else,I would assume most people have there storyboard in there heads by now,adding unwanted superstars will result in them not used,if we are having a 16th round it should be a straight forward pick IMO

To be honest I dont really mind myself. As usual ill play the hand TSC deals.

ShagNastii wrote: »
    Have my pick up in about 15. Have about 5 guys and haven't a clue which to go for:confused:

Pick the guy whos not one my list for this round :P

I've just finished writing up my first show. Its a bit long though to be honest. Just waiting on my next 2 picks and the show will start

I've just finished writing up my first show. Its a bit long though to be honest. Just waiting on my next 2 picks and the show will start

I'm in the same boat. Have it written and need to decide whether to re-write one angle and leave another out completely til the next show or wait it out for my next few picks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

Every other year I do a show after each pick, this year I'm leaving all of them until all my picks are done. Already I have had storys ready to go, only to suddenly get someone that would be a million times better suited, which would have snookered me in past years. Rampage's fight for example is one that has changed

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭lebowskilite

There is talk of having three rounds all be the same order. Could I just suggest that the order be recalculated for each of those rounds if they are supposed to be about balancing the averages.

The averages will change after each of those rounds, especially for those between 7th and 13th. After two rounds, the average ranking for these drafters will be radically altered and they would have an unfair advantage or disadvantage to be put in the same position or a third consecutive round. For instance, if we were to reverse the current averages to work out the order for rounds 13 and 14, JP Liz would get 13th pick and these 2 "13ths" would send her down the rankings from from 8th to 14th in terms of average pick after round 14. That's no biggie, given that what's actually happening is the mid-table is sort of being turned on its head as everyone's average number gets closer. But, surely JP Liz shouldn't have to get 13th pick again in round 15?

Spreadsheets see into the future...

• Advertisement

Also my first post is up in evaluations. First shows being written soooooooooon.

Ah damn Cornette was my second choice as owner after Maddox. Will have to rethink that one but will have my pick up in a minute

yep Cornette is a great pick returning to MNG

must say I like the inter-promotional stuff going on between CWA & ICW (think I got the initials right), reminds me of the BWA, MNG & WECWF rivalries of the past.

Pretty much got my 2nd show done now but will wait till I get my pick from this round before I post it as he is mentioned on it.

There is talk of having three rounds all be the same order. Could I just suggest that the order be recalculated for each of those rounds if they are supposed to be about balancing the averages.

The averages will change after each of those rounds, especially for those between 7th and 13th. After two rounds, the average ranking for these drafters will be radically altered and they would have an unfair advantage or disadvantage to be put in the same position or a third consecutive round. For instance, if we were to reverse the current averages to work out the order for rounds 13 and 14, JP Liz would get 13th pick and these 2 "13ths" would send her down the rankings from from 8th to 14th in terms of average pick after round 14. That's no biggie, given that what's actually happening is the mid-table is sort of being turned on its head as everyone's average number gets closer. But, surely JP Liz shouldn't have to get 13th pick again in round 15?

Spreadsheets see into the future...

that would be true but considering it is far less of an advantage to have a great draw in rd 14/15 than it is in an early one then I would personally let them off, but either way im fine with it

With that pick I basically have my PPV card signed but there's still 2 important gaps to fill. Think the name value of my roster kind of trailed off in the second half of the draft compared to a lot of other rosters but I've a lot of fun characters so hopefully I can transfer that into a decent show.

Damnit Brad Maddox guy!! Damn it all to hell!! Great minds think alike. I wonder, is your mind great enough to predict the way in which I will try to kill you...

(a kung funaki kick to the throat).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

yep Cornette is a great pick returning to MNG

must say I like the inter-promotional stuff going on between CWA & ICW (think I got the initials right), reminds me of the BWA, MNG & WECWF rivalries of the past.

Pretty much got my 2nd show done now but will wait till I get my pick from this round before I post it as he is mentioned on it.

Of the past? :pac:

Of the past? :pac:

speaking of which, have you any plans on when your throwing up shows? if like others your planning on waiting till all the drafting is done I may have done something on the BWA to cause you to slightly tweak things a little bit :pac:

not planning too much MNG/WECWF related this year though, also toning back on the former chairman Bounty Hunter stuff after ep1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

speaking of which, have you any plans on when your throwing up shows? if like others your planning on waiting till all the drafting is done I may have done something on the BWA to cause you to slightly tweak things a little bit :pac:

not planning too much MNG/WECWF related this year though, also toning back on the former chairman Bounty Hunter stuff after ep1

Ive a rough idea-ish but im waiting on one or two guys, unlike previous years im waiting till the end before i start! I'll have the usual sly dig at MNG and BWA;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

are everyone trying to include there whole roster in every show? im trying to but finding it hard but worried wont have enough build time if i dont feature them in every show.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement