Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PW Draft 2014 - Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Raf32 wrote: »
    are everyone trying to include there whole roster in every show? im trying to but finding it hard but worried wont have enough build time if i dont feature them in every show.

I didn't in my first show no.

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭lebowskilite

are everyone trying to include there whole roster in every show? im trying to but finding it hard but worried wont have enough build time if i dont feature them in every show.

Concentrate on making a good show and a good buildup to the PPV, rather than worrying about using everyone. I'll be looking out for people who use their rosters well, but that includes *not* using some wrestlers when its called for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Decided to stick the first show up, cant do all storylines as still short a few. criticism is welcome

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Decided to stick the first show up, cant do all storylines as still short a few. criticism is welcome

or who knows praise perhaps?

Showing that Wrestlemania video for the Miz was a really good idea, instantly makes him far more credible in my eyes when compared to anything ive seen from him for at least a year.

I know you have the championship over the top rope decider next week but I already get the feeling it will be Sting/Raven, perhaps its a little bit obvious from how the show has been laid out but id agree with DDP here about your chosing that as the main feud "That's not a bad thing...that's...a good thing."

or who knows praise perhaps?

Showing that Wrestlemania video for the Miz was a really good idea, instantly makes him far more credible in my eyes when compared to anything ive seen from him for at least a year.

I know you have the championship over the top rope decider next week but I already get the feeling it will be Sting/Raven, perhaps its a little bit obvious from how the show has been laid out but id agree with DDP here about your chosing that as the main feud "That's not a bad thing...that's...a good thing."

Thanks mate, i thought what better way to legitimize him than showing the video that maybe spiraled him to the top for a few months. Im not giving anything away but think that rivalry might be taking a different turn, the plan i have for my championship should be really unexpected and shocking, well hopefully anyways :pac: Thanks for the input man

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

To be honest, I can't really judge until I read all of your work, but I like what I see so far. The Miz is an after thought in most people's minds because that's how they see him now. A lot forget that he was hot when he won the US title and even more so when he cashed in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

Pick made can someone pm the next person I'm on my phone

beakerjoe wrote: »
    To be honest, I can't really judge until I read all of your work, but I like what I see so far. The Miz is an after thought in most people's minds because that's how they see him now. A lot forget that he was hot when he won the US title and even more so when he cashed in.

Thanks mate im trying to make him somewhat relevant again but will be careful pushing him too far as i know hes not a lot of peoples favourite.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

Thanks mate im trying to make him somewhat relevant again but will be careful pushing him too far as i know hes not a lot of peoples favourite.

I haven't gotten a chance to read your show yet but I have to say I really like the Miz and think he gets a lot of unfair criticism from the internet. I always enjoy his matches

I haven't gotten a chance to read your show yet but I have to say I really like the Miz and think he gets a lot of unfair criticism from the internet. I always enjoy his matches

me too mate dont get all the hate, he was red hot there for a year, unreal on the mic, maybe a poor mans Jericho but no shame in that.

• Advertisement

Pick made can someone pm the next person I'm on my phone

incase nobody had (didn't see a post on thread), HH now def has been pmd

I did at the time :) just forgot to mention it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

Any cance someone could send a PM to the next person up? I'm on my phone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

I was convinced Lynn was taken, hence why I didn't try to draft him earlier

delighted with that pick, dont think he has been taken but open to correction

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,968 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Unless you've traded Rick Rude was drafted looooooong ago. Pick again.

ShagNastii wrote: »
    Unless you've traded Rick Rude was drafted looooooong ago. Pick again.

very sorry about that, will go again now

ha unlucky Raf32, Rude was my 4th pick.

Ive about 10 people left on a list, thought half of them would be gone, Ive now a big headache about what I do. Should I pick 1 of 3 picks I need, or pick another guy that has slipped through unpicked so far and hope the other 3 aren't picked.

ha unlucky Raf32, Rude was my 4th pick.

kept looking and couldnt see it anywhere, raging thought i was having a complete steal :pac:

Ive the same problem. One guy I wanna pick I cant see on any list but Im sure hes been picked. Damn my poor eyesight

• Advertisement

Ive the same problem. One guy I wanna pick I cant see on any list but Im sure hes been picked. Damn my poor eyesight

i would lend you my glasses but dont think they are working very well :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,968 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

If Rude hadn't gone by now we'd all deserve a collective punch in the mouth.

ShagNastii wrote: »
    If Rude hadn't gone by now we'd all deserve a collective punch in the mouth.

agreed such potential with him, cant feud with nearly anyone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

I'm very nervous for my pick! Basically have 2 different options and both could easily go! Once I've my Pick made I'll be able to start writing..

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

So question....are we ok saying if a tag team have been picked together in the past (and my one was last year), they are ok to be picked again?

So question....are we ok saying if a tag team have been picked together in the past (and my one was last year), they are ok to be picked again?

Unless one of them has won a World title since then... TNA didn't put it on Funaki did they?

Was there ever a decision on the 16th pick idea, few "slipped through the cracks" picks i'd love to go for but I've earmarked my "dont think anyone else will take them anyway" picks for the remaining rounds now, if there was a 16th one i'd pounce

great intro MNG, kinda regret not doing such a post for the BWA this year as then I wouldnt feel the need to intro so many people on my actual shows as they would already be established roster members continuity wise, look forward to your 4 build up shows now. Think I will use my 5th show (was originally said you can have 4/5 as people will often do a summary or introduction show) as a run down of the PPV show myself as that will save me from making the actual PPV far too long which is always a problem i feel I struggle with.

I think generally precident (ie if it was picked last year) is enough although there have been cases of a tag team being okayed one year but not the next, mostly just as nobody challenged their eligibility in the first year but when someone did the second year it was seen to not fully fit the criteria. You yourself are the man in charge though so i'd say you have a good chance with a team who made it before even if your question does suggest that maybe their eligibility could come into question :pac:

Unless one of them has won a World title since then... TNA didn't put it on Funaki did they?

Funaki was never in TNA according to his wiki. Unless a joke has gone waaaay over my head :P

Funaki was never in TNA according to his wiki. Unless a joke has gone waaaay over my head :P

I was referencing a few jokes there. Funaki being condemned as a serial jobber in WWE (last year I had Kai En Tai and had him win what I hope was a well-written match at the PPV, setting him up for a a rivalry with Michinoku) and TNA putting the World title on Bully Ray (which screwed up anyone's hopes of picking the Dudleys :p).

Wasn't a comment on the actual quality of TNA, Bully Ray or Funaki though.

• Advertisement

I was referencing a few jokes there. Funaki being condemned as a serial jobber in WWE (last year I had Kai En Tai and had him win what I hope was a well-written match at the PPV, setting him up for a a rivalry with Michinoku) and TNA putting the World title on Bully Ray (which screwed up anyone's hopes of picking the Dudleys :p).

Wasn't a comment on the actual quality of TNA, Bully Ray or Funaki though.

Hahaha I figured as much, especially after the pointless run Chris Sabin got ruining the MCMG pick. Although I think it's safe to say Kai En Tai won't be getting a serious story from me. In fact I'm not sure anybody is :P

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement