Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PW Draft 2014 - Discussion Thread

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Bugger. Just realised half the team I wanted to pick had already been picked :(

Ah well.

But....hang on....the current TNA champion hasn't actually been picked yet :confused: Am I right there? :pac:

Pick made.

Thought he was already gone, but I've spent time searching through the lists and can't see his name anywhere :confused:

Anyway, on the subject of rounds then, how about...

Round 12: Normal Round
    Round 13: Normal Round
    Round 14-15: Double Round, order based on average pick.
    Bonus 16th Round: Pick for someone else

Would that be ok for everyone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

is this not round 12?

also was round 13 not based on average pick and then round 14-15, based on average pick (including round 13s order)

Magnus was the guy I was speaking about earlier, assumed he was gone. Couldn't see his name anywhere but he would of been a pick based on me picking him on Status more than picking him because of how he would fit into my plans.

Yes.

And is a normal round as stated.

pta-disband.gif

• Advertisement

beakerjoe wrote: »
    also was round 13 not based on average pick and then round 14-15, based on average pick (including round 13s order)

Magnus was the guy I was speaking about earlier, assumed he was gone. Couldn't see his name anywhere but he would of been a pick based on me picking him on Status more than picking him because of how he would fit into my plans.

Yeah, originally I said that, but figure if we're doing a 16th round, we can drop 13 just down to a normal round.

And yeah, it's mostly status for me too. That and I loved him on Gladiators :P

Im just disappointed because I, more than most have been given the worst draws so far (others haven't been far off it) and I was hoping for the average picks to at least last for 3 rounds. I feel Ive been seriously hard done by in the order of draws, thus missing out on some of my pencilled in picks, while others haven't. I know its been done randomly, but it doesn't change the fact that others have had an a big advantage of with an average of 7/8/9 while others have been hard done by with averages of 11/12 and 13.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

I was referencing a few jokes there. Funaki being condemned as a serial jobber in WWE (last year I had Kai En Tai and had him win what I hope was a well-written match at the PPV, setting him up for a a rivalry with Michinoku) and TNA putting the World title on Bully Ray (which screwed up anyone's hopes of picking the Dudleys :p).

Wasn't a comment on the actual quality of TNA, Bully Ray or Funaki though.

Always found it odd that TNA heavyweight championship is a world title. It's no where as prestigious as WWE, World heavyweight/WCW or pre WCW NWA world heavyweight title. I would even say ECW and some Japanese promotions titles are more prestigious than TNA

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

Very happy I managed to get Cabana, didn't expect him to be this far down. At least I hope he was still available!

I was tempted to pick him up, but as much as he would have been great fun to write for , I couldn't fit him in. No Goldberg versus Goldman-Berg for me

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Pick made and PM sent

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

mrkiscool2 wrote: »
    Very happy I managed to get Cabana, didn't expect him to be this far down. At least I hope he was still available!

GORRAMIT!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,302 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Pick made and PM sent

Sorry mate I already have Justin Gabriel with his tag partner Tyson Kidd

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Sorry mate I already have Justin Gabriel with his tag partner Tyson Kidd

Ah crap

292071.jpg

Pick made again . Fingers crossed im in the clear ha

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭Prop Joe

Have most of my shows written,will wait till roster is complete though,incase of any last minute changes

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

hope Lebowski gets online in the next hour or so before his 24hrs has passed. Pretty sure he wont take my pick anyway but I hope he knows its his go cos I thought I saw him on boards earlier

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭lebowskilite

Sorry guys! Tried to work out a trade but it seems time was against me doing that. If no one else has picked I'll put mine up now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

Sorry guys! Tried to work out a trade but it seems time was against me doing that. If no one else has picked I'll put mine up now.
    Sorry again! I feel really bad now :(

• Advertisement

mrkiscool2 wrote: »
    Sorry again! I feel really bad now :(

no harm no foul, I waited around so he could get his pick in anyway so nobody missed out...

anywhoo time for Mojo Rawley to live up to the hype (who the F*ck is Mojo Rawley! says most folk :pac: ) as he becomes the newest BWA star! which also means ill probably have another show up in a day or so

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

left field pick for the BWA but could be brilliant

left field pick for the BWA but could be brilliant

according to teh interwebz he is the next John Cena and the Rock mixed and yet virtually nobody knows about him... that is until he debuts at BWA Judgement Day!

Was wondering about the Suicide draft pick (not trying to get it reversed, its done and stands etc) but whats up with that. Have you just drafted the use of a suit / character or who is in the suit?

Yeah, it was something that I wondered if it would come up. I can think of three characters who have been portrayed by multiple people off the top of my head, and think we might need a rule added next year for clarification. Namely...

"If you pick a character who has been portrayed by multiple actors, please name the actor you are choosing to play said character".

Or something like that. What I would say with Suicide is that the pick is Suicide, not the half dozen people who have played him....

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭lebowskilite

I would assume that its TJ Perkins, the most recent gimmick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,968 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

I'd say it's TJ as Manik just be safe. I'd love to draft Curryman but I wouldn't cause Daniels is picked. Was going to say character because I'm unsure if it was ever publicly stated that Daniels or Kaz were under the mask but that would get so messy.

That said I wouldn't be against anyone that has Kaz or Daniels using THEM as suicide or Manik. You draft someone I would give you free reign on any of their gimmicks.

E.G You draft Demolition. You have Barry Darsow you can book him as Repo man, Smash or a Russian it's up to you. Pick one IMO booking a triple treat between Mankind, Cactus and Dude Love would be ludicrous.

So just to go back to something...

I've decided that Round 13 will remain a normal round since we've added a 16th round onto proceedings. I know it was brought up that it gives an advantage if people get 3 rounds with average draws, but the other side is that typically, there hasn't really been such non-random draws in previous years. I think giving a Double Round with average draws gives people a slight pick-me-up after the draft, and also point out that everyone has converged in their random picks to get roughly the same average draft now.

So we'll have our final normal round in Round 13. Rounds 14 and 15 will be merged with the order going on average pick. And then Round 16 will be our bonus Pick for someone else round :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Bad luck for me there, least im guaranteed a top 3 pick in the next two rounds i would say.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

I've had a ridiculous amount of luck in the draws.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement