Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PW Draft 2014 - Discussion Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

Thanks joe for the pm.. I'm in work so I'll update my pick later!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Hi Heel, read the show there. I like it.

Had a similar Anti Gay angle set for my promotion. Had it in my head since the early rounds and was going to go down a similar route to you with D-von and The Pope in the roles of MVP and Hardy. As luck would have it Shagnasti took took Pope and D-Von and I had to change my plans and thank god because it would have been too similar to yours. Looking forward to how that feud grows.

Cant see the videos in work (blocked by web marshall), what are they?

Love Cliff and great to see him in a big role.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Hi Heel, read the show there. I like it.

Had a similar Anti Gay angle set for my promotion. Had it in my head since the early rounds and was going to go down a similar route to you with D-von and The Pope in the roles of MVP and Hardy. As luck would have it Shagnasti took took Pope and D-Von and I had to change my plans and thank god because it would have been too similar to yours. Looking forward to how that feud grows.

Cant see the videos in work (blocked by web marshall), what are they?

Love Cliff and great to see him in a big role.

Thanks for the feedback. I wanted to swap out MVP for a more southern character had been in talks with Shagnasti for D-Von to put him into the angle or with propjoe for Jarrett but nothing came of it. Still though, I think MVP could be a good fit as I keep writing the shows.

The videos are all themes. Some of which aren't actual (Sheamus and Hardy/MVP).

Excited to write for Cliff as a big time heel against the plucky face of Ziggler. His recent promo has been such a help in terms of making a good story for him.

Show 3 written, still cant post show 1 til my next pick is confirmed. Show 2 can be posted soon after that and show 3 can go ahead when draft rounds have finished. Really happy with how my feuds have come together. Trying to figure out show 4 now as the PPV will write itself.

Just want to say its been a blast writing the 3 shows so far and a pleasure to be able to take part in my first draft. Thanks to every boardsie involved as you made the picks thread and the discussion thread a fun to take part. And its been interesting and fun reading the shows posted thus far. And a separate thanks to TSC who organised it.

Thanks guys and good luck!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,481 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Pick made and Pm sent, Heel loved you're show really daring angle with the whole homophobe thing WWE nowadays wouldn't touch something like that , really enjoyed it something different for sure, I also loved Barrets promo the BASTARD haha, Can't wait to see him beat !

The ending of the battle royal was epic too , automaticlly made me think of Hogan and Nash doing the same really cool

Also could ya'll give me some feedback on my 2nd show , really flowed out of me and felt it was way better than my opening show even thinking of doing a 3rd show tonight while my laptop is still going :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

I have just finished my first show, which is far and away the longest one I have had to write. Started on the second and will upload the first either today or tomorrow. Hopefully it gets a few shocks and thanks haha

Still havent read your show 2 Brian, will give it a gander later. Looking forward to it if Prop Joes assessment is anything to go by. Clicked on it earlier to read and got side tracked in work. Then saw Hashtags and read his without going back to yours. I see you got Easy E in the draft, hoping you do him justice (I love Eric)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Need a strong face for my roster, and wanted a "smaller" guy too.

Shame....only guy I found didn't have a face :P

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭lebowskilite

Well now, that's fvcked me up right proper...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I thought I'd give some feedback. Took a while!

campo - Great strong start, campo. I've been impressed with your Wyatt family picks and they are becoming one of my favourite parts of this year's game. Intriguing storyline with Backlund and the belt too. Also appreciated the references to my shows last year. :cool:

brianregan - I liked how you made your main event match on your first show feel important. Tazz vs Joe is a very natural match-up as well. Will be interested to see how you book the finish there.

Bounty Hunter - Really enjoyed this opening show. I liked the references to past years and I thought you hit a nice balance with the matches and the build up to the big main event angle reveal. Dibiase seems like he will be a really fun character.

Moneymaker - I enjoyed the way you introduced your big matches and I love the fact that Pillman looks set to feature prominently on your show. I think he can be a great character. I had him on my list. Regal's great in his role too.

Furious-Red - I was intrigued by this storyline with Kane. That was good stuff. You also made your strong tag division feel very important. The main event angle was simple and effective. Overall this was a very high quality opening show. Big thumbs up. One of my favourites so far.

connemara man - Nice to see you go with the Big E that we know and love from NXT with the 5 count gimmick. You built the main event angle with Bully and Jeff very well. Looking forward to future episodes. And Brooke.

lebowskilite - Enjoying the CWA references. Looking forward to how the struggle for power plays out.

Raf32 - I like the Scotsmen faction. I think this faction is a great idea. You got over your talent over very well and set up your stories for future installments effectively.

beakerjoe - Very curious to see who is behind the message!

walt - Awesome graphic first of all. Card looks awesome needless to say. Can't wait to see who wins the matches.

A Brad Maddox Guy - I like the strong main event on your opening show. Great angle to end things. Has me curious for the next episode. The stuff with the Harts was another thing I liked.

brianregan (recent show) - Bischoff is proving to be a great pick. I liked the rivals from the past angle for later on. Reigns and Abyss is a very nice match-up for the PPV. The ending for Tazz and Rhyno I liked a lot and the Joe/Low Ki match was a great war. This show definitely has an extreme feel to it which sets it out nicely.

Hashtag - I'm liking the tournament for the European title and Barrett is a funny heel. Ziggler promo was very good stuff. Looking forward to Kaufman's role next week.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

considerd Mordecai for a while, think he could be a fun charachter and one you could def look good using as the WWE def didn't do him justice as CWA hopefully now will.

if mrkiscool gets a pic up soon ill be here for mine, will also put up show 2 It's not by best work ever (not bad at all but maybe a bit more humour would be ideal but i guess that can be next week) but one or two nice reveals and the story is nicely set for the remaining weeks and PPV I hope.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

Could someone pm mrkiscool as I'm on my phone

campo wrote: »
    Could someone pm mrkiscool as I'm on my phone

done

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Any chance someone has an updated average picks list?

Don't mind doing it myself in the morning if needs must but I know someone has been keeping track so figure it's as easy to ask before I do :)

twas Beakerjoe, here was the most recent one
    beakerjoe wrote: »
    Here are the averages after round 11

1. TeamShadown Clan -8.2
    2. Furious Red - 8.36
    3. Prop Joe - 8.545
    4. Watlersobchek - 8.545 (Joint 3rd)
    5. Brad Maddox Guy - 8.818
    6. Lebowskilite - 9.00
    7. TBC - 9.27
    8. JP Liz - 9.54
    9. Moneymaker - 9.98
    10. BrianRegan - 10.18
    11. Mrkiscool - 10.72 -
    12. Connemara Man - 10.72 (Joint 11th)
    13. Hashtah Heel - 11.00
    14. BountyHunter - 11.5
    15. Shagnasti - 11.90
    16. Jester - 12.09
    17. Campo - 12.36
    18. Raf32 - 12.61
    19. MNG - 12.73
    20. Beaker Joe - 13.8
    and heres how things look after ROUND 12
    1. Prop Joe - 7.916
    2. Brad Maddox Guy - 8.4166
    3. TSC - 8.4166 (Joint 2nd)
    4. Furious Red - 8.75
    5. TBC - 9.166
    6. Lewbowskilite - 9.416
    7. Waltersobchek - 9.5
    8. JP Liz - 10.25
    9. Connemara Man - 10.333
    10. Moneymaker - 10.5
    11. Hashtag - 10.66
    12. BrianRegan - 10.66 (joint 11th)
    13. MrKiscool - 10.833
    14. Shagnasti - 11.083
    15. Jester252 - 11.5
    16. Bounty Hunter - 11.833
    17. MNG - 11.916
    18. RAF32 - 12.33
    19. Campo - 12.91
    20. BeakerJoe - 13.583

Prope Joe has got the same number the most times (number 1) and has got that number 3 times on the bounce, lucky sod. :)

Brad Maddox Guy has got the same number three times (number 3) as has Moneymaker and Shagnasti (both number 16). Connemara Man got number 6 three times while TBC has also got number 8 three times.

MNG has got 14 and 19 twice, and also dreaded 20 twice. BrianRegan and Hashtag Heel also got unlucky 20 twice! Raf32 has been drawn at 19 twice and Beaker Joe has got 18 twice.

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭lebowskilite

After 13 Rounds

1. Brad Maddox Guy - 7.85
    2. Prop Joe - 8.31
    3. TSC - 8.38
    4. Furious Red - 9.23
    5. Waltersobchek - 9.23
    6. Lebowskilite - 9.38
    =7. TBC - 9.77
    =7. JP Liz - 9.77
    9. Moneymaker - 9.85
    10. Hashtag - 10.22
    11. BrianRegan - 10.38
    12. MrKiscool - 10.845
    13. Jester252 - 10.846
    14. Connemara Man - 11.00
    15. Shagnasti - 11.62
    16. Bounty Hunter - 11.85
    17. MNG - 12.08
    18. Campo - 12.69
    19. RAF32 - 12.92
    20. BeakerJoe - 13.77

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

stuck up the second show there, its kind of the important one towards the start of my rivalry's, all criticism and areas to improve on are welcome!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Should have the 2nd show up either tonight or over the weekend

Another great late round pick for MrKiscool, 2 great talents.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

Surprised Generation Next lasted this long, they are two amazing athletes and currently the only thing I hate about ROH because they have not won the tag titles together yet, hoping they will soon! But they are going to be valuable to me!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,302 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

mrkiscool2 wrote: »
    Surprised Generation Next lasted this long, they are two amazing athletes and currently the only thing I hate about ROH because they have not won the tag titles together yet, hoping they will soon! But they are going to be valuable to me!

A great pick at this stage

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

Damnit, had Strong as my next pick!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭Prop Joe

Bottled it again !! Was gonna pick someone else but then got paranoid that Bounty Hunter might want to add Ted Jr. as fuel for a feud for his old man,Looking at BH's roster now that's probably unlikely,But have had Ted Jr. earmarked for something since early on.

Murphy's law now suggests that the pick i originally wanted will go next :(

Although...I would say alot of picks were not in high demand for anyone else

Prop Joe wrote: »
    Bottled it again !! Was gonna pick someone else but then got paranoid that Bounty Hunter might want to add Ted Jr. as fuel for a feud for his old man,Looking at BH's roster now that's probably unlikely,But have had Ted Jr. earmarked for something since early on.

Murphy's law now suggests that the pick i originally wanted will go next :(

Although...I would say alot of picks were not in high demand for anyone else

honestly you coulda asked (can understand not wanting to tip me off though) but I doubt I woulda taken him just cos I def need others who like The Anvil I doubt anyone else needs. Hope your other guy lasts till you go again now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭Prop Joe

honestly you coulda asked (can understand not wanting to tip me off though) but I doubt I woulda taken him just cos I def need others who like The Anvil I doubt anyone else needs. Hope your other guy lasts till you go again now

Ahh but that would take all the fun out of it,To be honest i would of been surprised if anyone chose Ted Jr. or my final other picks but that still don't stop me waking in the middle of the night in cold sweats.I have all my shows written so i'm dependent on each of my picks,Hoping No.16 might throw a spanner in the works tho

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Pick made and PM Sent

Pick made and PM sent to TBC

Took Moneymakers advice and drafted Misses Fandango

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

Had my eye on Gibson for a while, decided with the loss of Strong now was my chance to nab him up. Have big plans for him, and if things go as planned, he could be my favourite part of my roster :)

First show up. Hope it makes the grade.

• Advertisement

Thoughts so far on the shows :

Hashtag Heel : Like the Anti Gay church Idea. Also love the fact that your pushing a young guy like Compton and trying to make him a star. Hero and Cesaro 2 also seems to be on the cards so im looking forward to that.

Raf32 : Liking Drew as the leader of a faction. Always liked his chosen one gimmick and I look forward to how he develops. The Miz was money as a top heel and WWE dropped the ball in his reign in favour of Rockys return. Hope you do him justice and so far you are.

Furious Red : Kane has me watching with anticipation, loving how hes been booked so far. AJ and HBK both in their prime would be a sight and the seeds are set for a money feud. Obviously a strong tag team division and good to see your making them a big attraction.

Connemara Man : Big E is being booked as he should of been when he first entered WWE. Great to see the 5 count too. Wondering who Jeff Hardy will feud with since Bully and Big E look to be squaring off, or am I assuming too much.

Bounty Hunter : A Draft Vet and its shows, as I like yours a lot. I was drawn in just like the fictional fans with Brets initial promo and actions. Great to see your pushing a great, current, Japanese talent just as I am in your main event. Having Andre as Dibiases muscle is a smart way to book a difficult superstar to write for. Kudos. Poor Zack and Santino are having no luck so far which makes me sad though.

Moneymaker : Great to see Pillman as a focal point of your show. Would love to see him and Regal throw hands. Savage and Bryan is money and wondering how it will play out as it could go in several directions.

campo : The Wyatts are great to read and you've went in a fascinating direction and a smart way of booking the whole family. They are making your show IMO.

Brian Regan : Going in a natural direction with the roster you've assemble and its a good thing. Reigns Joe and Taz all booked well and It has an indy feel to it all. Im imagining it taking place in a ROH/ECW type setting and it adds to the feel of it.

MNG : The man to beat is how I described MNG at the beginning and the reigning 2 time champ is going for a slow and steady approach with a show with few surprises. I expected Punk to appear at the end of the show but shocked that he didn't. A little disappointed but also excited as your obviously going for the slow build and judging by your previous work, something big is around the corner. I anticipate a great ride to be written by MNG.

Lebowskilite : Good preview, looking forward to where your going

Brad Maddox Guy : I like the strong main event on your opening show. The monopoly segment makes me anticipate more comedy. Wonder where the Harts are going?. Also your Vinve Russo pick could be a game changer in a good way

watlersobchek : Well a great roster assemble and a nice card. Wondering how your going to play things out. Great poster by the way, simple yet very effective.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement