Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PW Draft 2014 - Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭lebowskilite

Juggling a lot of the extra curricular activities atm so I probably won't be able to comment on many write-ups until further along. Will just say that I've read Bounty Hunter's and so far its reading like a very exciting buildup (and Bret is particularly annoying this time around, I doo hope he loses)! My only question is how in show 1 did they jump from New York to Texas in between sentences? :p

(how long do we have for write-ups, btw, I've barely got an outline for week 2 and I'm planning on doing weeks 3,4,5 and the PPV)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Juggling a lot of the extra curricular activities atm so I probably won't be able to comment on many write-ups until further along. Will just say that I've read Bounty Hunter's and so far its reading like a very exciting buildup (and Bret is particularly annoying this time around, I doo hope he loses)! My only question is how in show 1 did they jump from New York to Texas in between sentences? :p

(how long do we have for write-ups, btw, I've barely got an outline for week 2 and I'm planning on doing weeks 3,4,5 and the PPV)

cheers and whoops in the re-write it was in Texas but originally it was in New York (Texas fit better with the Funks arrival), knew something small like that would happen.

A hell of a lot of what I had Bret say were actual quotes of his too!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

Finally up to date with all the shows. Have enjoyed every single post so far and a lot of intriguing stories developing. I won't give my opinions on each one just yet since it's late, I'd probably get confused and there's a lot more to come but I will say that MNG's latest show is definitely my favourite so far. I loved
    the worker walkouts, Cornette's return and of course Punk
    . The slow burn really worked for that one I felt.

Other things I liked from different shows were Pillman, Ambrose, Vince's obsession with muscles and disdain for the crowd's reaction, Benoit, Lance Storm looking strong, Bret being a d***, Rollins & Reigns, Cliff Compton. I guess that doesn't narrow much down and there was a lot more I've liked (and that's just stuff from the 2nd page of the thread I think) but felt like giving some feedback. Will hopefully have my second show up once I make my picks for the round, don't think I could get away with editing the angle again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

I've had no internet for past week so only now had a chance to read some of the latest shows, here is my thoughts on the ones I have read so far ( will get to the rest later today )

BrianRegan09: I really like the commentators on your show, and with OMG and Bossman teaming up with Bischoff really utilises them well, I am interested to see what you do with Rollins

BountyHunter: One of my favs so far, I love what you are doing with Ted & Andre, plus Freebirds vs Demolition is drool worthy, add Bret to the mix and you are off to an excellent start

Moneymaker: Pillman and Regal dynamic is really good , add savage and danielson to the mix and so far its really good

HashtagHeel: nWo really stands out for me for a couple of reasons, 1) The fact you made a brave decision in changing someones gimmick like Matt Hardy 2) All your matches just make sense to me , I think you could be near the top when all the votes come in

Raf32: Someone finally pushes the Miz...YES YES YES…( I’m a mizmark ), the Diva section is also very good, overall very solid

I am just waiting on Lebowskittle to finish his show and I should have my 3rd show up after that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

First Show is ready to go. Just have to work out some kinks. Hopefully it will be up tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

I've enjoyed all of them so far tbh.

I can see how MNG has had such success in the past though.
    That Punk/Hogan segment felt like I was watching an episode of RAW/Nitro, great great stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

First show up, hope people like it

Jester252 wrote: »
    First show up, hope people like it

Will try and read this and I think there is 1/2 more I haven't read yet now thatI've done and posted my 3rd show, as always feedback is appreciate from anyone. I got the pre-emptive bit in a day or so about name checking other feds, nothing bad meant with anything said and obviously most is reserved for the dasterdly WECWF & MNG promotions. The card for my PPV should be clear enough now too. Santino is fun to write for, really is, although I must say I never intend for him to have such bad luck each week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,302 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Mr.Nice Guy: CM Punk, Hulk Hogan, The Road Warriors aka Hawk and Animal, Nick Bockwinkel & Ray Stevens, AJ Lee & Kaitlyn, Big Van Vader, Jerry The King Lawler, Zeb Colter aka Dutch Mantell & Dr. D David Schultz, Beth Phoenix, Nikita Koloff, Mr. Wonderful Paul Orndorff & Jimmy Superfly Snuka, Jim Cornette, Pac aka Adrian Neville, Super Crazy, Tamina Snuka

Raf32: Raven, Sting, RVD, JBL, Ron Simmons, The Miz, Test & Albert, Drew McIntyre, Laycool aka Layla and Michelle McCool, The Highlanders, Rocky Johnson & Tony Atlas, The Wild Samoans aka Afa & Sika, Sgt Slaughter, Alex Riley, Petey Williams

Bounty Hunter: Bret Hart, Hiroshi Tanahashi & Shinsuke Nakamura, Ted Dibiase Snr, Terry Funk, The Fabulous Freebirds aka Michael "P.S." Hayes & Terry Gordy, Demolition aka Ax & Smash, Team Co-Bro aka Santino Marella & Zack Ryder, Natalya Neidhart, Bruiser Brody, Andre the Giant, Mickie James, Dory Funk Jnr, Mojo Rawley, Jim "The Anvil" Neidhart, Crush aka Brian Adams and Buddy "Jack" Roberts

brianregan09: Samoa Joe, Seth Rollins & Roman Reigns, Tazz, Rhyno, Big Bossman & One Man Gang, Ryback, La Parka & Psicosis, Strikeforce aka Tito Santana & Rick Martel, Abyss & Matt Morgan, Low Ki, Eric Bischoff, The Sandman, Vampiro, Zach Gowen, The Hardcore Chair Swinging Freaks aka Balls Mahoney and Axl Rotten

Moneymaker: Daniel Bryan, Randy Savage, Goldust & Cody Rhodes, Brian Pillman, William Regal, MsChif & Cheerleader Melissa, Lance Storm, Sara Del Rey, Mike Awesome, The Eliminators aka Perry Saturn and John Kronus, Buddy Rogers, Kota Ibushi, Tajiri

beakerjoe: Soloman Crowe & Dean Ambrose, Goldberg, Okada, Ravishing Rick Rude, Ethan Carter & Fandango,Bam Bam Bigelow & Chris Kanyon, James Storm, Shane McMahon, Brian Kendrick & Ezekiel Jackson, Gedo and Jado, Antonio Inoki, Masato Tanaka , Summer Rae, Bob Sapp, Chris Harris

Teamshadowclan: Eddie Guerrero, HHH, Vince McMahon, Rey Mysterio, Lex Luger, Kevin Nash, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Stephanie McMahon, Chyna, Bobby Lashley, Chuck Norris, Magnus, Mistico aka Sin Cara

ShagNasti: Ric Flair, John Cena, Ultimate Warrior, Jesse The Body Ventura & Adorable Adrian Adonis, Scott Steiner, Rick Steiner, Enzo Amore, Jerry Springer, Devon Dudley & The Pope D'Angelo Dinero, Masahiro Chono & Hiroyoshi Tenzan, Gorgeous George, Chris Masters, Rob Terry, Renegade, The Bushwhackers

Jester252: Mick Foley, Chris Jericho, Diamond Dallas Page, New Age Outlaws aka Billy Gunn and Road Dogg,MNM aka Joey Mercurzzy & Johnny Nitro, Ken Shamrock, Finlay, Scotty 2 Hotty & Grandmaster Sexay, Tommy Dreamer, Brad Maddox, R-Truth, Kofi Kingston, Cryme Tyme aka Shad Gaspard & JTG, Luke Harper, Lillian Garcia, Melina Perez

connemara man: Jeff Hardy, Bubba Ray Dudley, Mark Henry, Rikishi, Big E Langston, Brooke Tessmacher, The Godfather & D'Lo Brown, Jesse & Festus, Team Elite aka Derrick Neikirk & Mike Knox, Junkyard Dog, Big John Studd, King Kong Bundy, The Bella Twins Nikki & Brie Bella, Dynamo Kid, The Mountie, Bad News Brown

Campo: Austin Aries, The Rock, Alberto Del Rio, Chavo Guerrero & Hernandez, Bray Wyatt & Bo Dallas, Mike Rotunda, Barry Windham, Bob Backlund, Los Matadores aka Primo &Epico, Carlito & Konnan, Nikolai Volkoff & Ivan Koloff, Gangrel, Mordecai aka Kevin Thorn, Homicide, Alexander Rusev

waltersobchak: Mitsuharu Misawa & Kenta Kobashi, Brock Lesnar, Ricky Steamboat, Rowdy Roddy Piper, Jake The Snake Roberts, Kerry Von Erich, The Iron Sheik, Paul Heyman, The Midnight Express, Dean Malenko, Harley Race, Tiger Mask, Takeshi Morishima

Prop Joe: Christian, Randy Orton, Batista, Jeff Jarrett, The Big Show, David Otunga & Joe Hennig, Buff Bagwell, The Young Bucks,V-Squared aka Val Venis & Viscera, Mark Jindrak & Sean O'Haire , Jack Swagger, Brutus The Barber Beefcake, Ted DiBiase Jnr

lebowskilite: Christopher Daniels & Matt Sydal aka Evan Bourne, Edge, Mr Perfect & Scott Hall, Billy Graham, Bobby Roode, Awesome Kong & Aja Kong, The Dynamic Dudes aka Johnny Ace & Shane Douglas, Frankie Kazarian, Michael Cole, Grado, Zema Ion, Juventud Guerrera, Colt Cabana,

Furious-Red: AJ Styles, HBK, Kane, Mr. Anderson, The World's Greatest Tag Team aka Shelton Benjamin & Charlie Haas, Jimmy Uso & Jey Uso, Billy Kidman & Paul London, Chris Sabin, Alex Shelley, Angelina Love and Winter, Emma, Suicide aka Manik, Corey Graves

thebostoncrab: Nigel McGuinness, Chris Benoit, The Dynamite Kid, Arn Anderson & Tully Blanchard, Stan Hansen, Jushin "Thunder" Liger, The Extreme Horseman aka Steve Corino & CW Anderson, KENTA & Marufuji Naomichi, Quinton Rampage Jackson, Dr Death Steve Williams, Sabu, Jun Akiyama, Jerry Lynn, Jamie Noble

Hashtag_HEEL: Chris Hero & Antonio Cesaro, Dolph Ziggler, Wade Barrett, Sheamus, MVP & Matt Hardy, Heath Slater, Rockstar Spud, Prime Time Players aka Titus O'Neill & Darren Young, Cliff Compton, Paige, Andy Kaufman, Serena Deeb, Curt Hawkins

JP Liz V1: The American Wolves aka Davey Richards & Eddie Edwards, Kurt Angle, Damien Sandow, Bobby "The Brain" Heenan, Trish Stratus & Lita, International Airstrike aka Tyson Kidd & Justin Gabriel, William Shatner, The Nasty Boys aka Brian Knobs & Jerry Sags, Head Cheese aka Al Snow & Steve Blackman, Muhammad Hassan, Xavier Woods aka Consequences Creed, Doug Williams, Ricardo Rodriguez

A Brad Maddox Guy: Keji Mutoh, The Undertaker, Owen Hart & The British Bulldog, Dusty Rhodes, Booker T, Yokozuna, X-Pac & Hardcore Bob Holly, 3 Minute Warning aka Jamal & Rosey, Shane Hurricane Helms, The Killer Elite Squad aka Davey Boy Smith Jr. and Lance Archer, Molly Holly, Kaientai aka Taka Michinoku & Funaki, Vince Russo

mrkiscool2: Sami Zayn, Kevin Steen, Stone Cold Steve Austin, Fergal Devitt & Minoru, Bruno Sammartino, Sid Vicious, Ultimo Dragon, Jay & Mark Briscoe, The Great Sasuke, Sable, The All Night Express aka Kenny King & Rhett Titus, Jacqueline, Hunico, Generation Next aka Roderick Strong & Jack Evans, Kyle O'Reilly, Bobby Fish

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

I may have to drop out of this. Something came up that has me very frazzled and down and I am not sure if I can commit the time to it. Give me 24 hours to decide. I'll make my next two picks in the next hour though.

• Advertisement

mrkiscool2 wrote: »
    I may have to drop out of this. Something came up that has me very frazzled and down and I am not sure if I can commit the time to it. Give me 24 hours to decide. I'll make my next two picks in the next hour though.

It be a shame to lose anyone now just through up your ppv card if you cant do write ups for your tv shows and ppv and good luck with whatever is leaving you frazzled

mrkiscool2 wrote: »

Hope your ok with whatever it is and obviously hope we don't lose you. Could be surprised too, considering ive done this 6 times now and it takes months, i've gone through some sh!t during drafts and actually found that it can be a welcome distraction from what can get me frazzled and down at times. Either way good luck man

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,481 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Hope we don't lose ya mate :) really enjoying this being my 1st one and as BH said this is a great distraction to every day **** that we all have to go through

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,968 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

First show up. Seems like a slog this year. I inherited a roster last year and I ploughed through the writing. Hopefully now my feuds are on track it'll get easier.

Finally first show up apologies if it reads a tad all over the place

Thanks guys. You are probably correct too. Good to have something distract me. I stick up the background of the company and have my first and second episode up before the end of the week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,968 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

We've flown through picks and there are shows going up with gusto. But in terms of a PPV deadline could we aim for a while ahead? I know the draft generally comes to the finish around WM time, will it be the same this year?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

Just got a chance to read a couple of more shows

MNG: As usual it was brilliant, the CM Punk angle is a very interesting one and it would not surprise me to see you do the treble this year

BeakerJoe: I think I am right saying this is your 1st year and I have to say I was very impressed, especially with Ambrose, it left me wanting more

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,481 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Two Picks made and Pm sent , Just so you all know any of the views reflected in RCW on Zack Gowan do not reflect my own lol

Did a very quick preview of the build up to the title match coming up on the first show. Anyone here good at photoshop? Just for the PPV

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

Just noticed there's a mistake in the updated rosters post; Davey Boy Smith Jr & Lance Archer are listed in TSC's roster as well as mine. Easy mistake to make since he made the pick on my behalf but figured I'd point it out in case there's any confusion

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Cheers for the feedback on my recent write-up. I've read a couple of shows from the write-up thread so here's some thoughts:

BH – Was a great way to introduce the Funks. I’m also liking heel Bret too and eager to see where that goes. Dibiase continues to be a heel I wanna see get his comeuppance. Thumbs up for the Sean Mooney reference too

Beakerjoe – Very impressed. You wrote super well for Ambrose and Shane. Felt very natural. Ambrose is one of the most interesting characters this year I’d say. Great main event angle too.

Moneymaker – I continue to get a kick out of Pillman’s mischief and the headaches he causes. The match descriptions were great. I think the interjections from the commentators help things along. Good to see Savage showing how that elbow is really done! Storm v Bryan was a particularly enjoyable read.

tbc – great stuff with Dynamite. You got the lingo down great and everything. Very interesting use of the Sabu character too. Shame WWE never tried that. Excellent quality matches on offer also.

Shag – I enjoyed the overview and the back story with Cena and Flair. I particularly liked the Steiners getting themselves in hot water in Japan. Very curious to read later shows.

TSC – This was one of my favourite write-ups so far. I popped for Vince loving the muscular guys and the fans not so much. Funny to see Steph causing problems for Chyna too. Everything had a fluid flow and I'll be surprised if this isn't your strongest year.

I'll try and read more when I get the chance.

Just noticed there's a mistake in the updated rosters post; Davey Boy Smith Jr & Lance Archer are listed in TSC's roster as well as mine. Easy mistake to make since he made the pick on my behalf but figured I'd point it out in case there's any confusion

Sorry amended updated roster on previous page

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

Any chance someone could shoot a PM to the next draftee? I'm out on my phone.

Any chance someone could shoot a PM to the next draftee? I'm out on my phone.

Sure will do

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Hashtag, EY is gone my friend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Sorry Hashtag, I mistook him for Petey Williams

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭lebowskilite

campo wrote: »
    I am just waiting on Lebowskittle to finish his show and I should have my 3rd show up after that

Looking like that won't be until this weekend, sorry! Studying and working getting in the way (bast-rds, eh)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

Sorry moneymaker D'lo is mine

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Sorry moneymaker D'lo is mine

Searched and he didnt show up. :confused:

Will edit. Done.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement