Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PW Draft 2014 - Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

I have it written D'Lo not D-Lo so I'd guess thats why

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

Damn you Hashtag!! I had taken Renee Young to be a cert not to be picked. Another re-write for my next show I guess

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Sorry amended updated roster on previous page

and ill do it on the OP of the other thread incase that is what Liz is using each time she goes to update the picks so far list she is always good enough to keep ( i did for the first few rounds but now just copy and pasting her work)

still have a few shows to read but went back and realised I had missed an ICW show. Really liked how you used a different format to everyone else as it made yours stick out for me. I did a similar year long background post last year before later moving on to some individual show posts in the build to BWA mania 5 last year so im def curious to see what form your shows take from now on and what happens with some of your lesser mentioned folk from that recap like Hall. def the inter-promotional stuff and the legal stuff was a good hook though and im curious to see how the CWA storyline develops

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

Had to take a little pop at ya there TSC! :P couldn't resist!

Liz takes heidenreich, was considering reuniting him with Michael cole if I had to pick for that person in the next round!

Actually looking toward to that draw and checking out other peoples rosters and deciding who would suit being picked for them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Second Show up. Really enjoying the draft in my debut year so far. Having great fun writing and reading. Have set up most of my feuds now in the 2nd show and still a few twists planned, especially for the PPV

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

Picks made and PM sent.

Positive Adam Cole has never been drifted before, gonna debut him into the draft in a big big way :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,302 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Is the final round next pick for another roster?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Is the final round next pick for another roster?

Yeap.

Not decided on a timeframe for a deadline yet. Last year, it fell nicely that we could end on Mania weekend if I remember right, but don't think we'll be that lucky this year. Probably do it as 2 weeks after the last pick though.

I am up next to pick. Have to think about my pick. Want a face tag team of some sort cause feel I'm a bit light on faces. Was going to pick Zack Gowen but he went :mad:

Every year I think we have had the deadline extended, so can we make it three weeks to save a post? :P

• Advertisement

Every year I think we have had the deadline extended, so can we make it three weeks to save a post? :P

If I give three, ye will want 4 :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Would really appreciate some feedback on my shows if possible.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Have half of episode 2 done , So fingers crossed should be up by tonight :)

Right, decided to have some fun with my last two picks.

Tenta is a high enough profile name and gives me plenty to work with, as well as having a fun tag team to write for. And the Headbangers hold nostalgic value for me cause I used to love them on the old video games :P

Totally forgot about that theme song. Pity the team only lasted a short while.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,968 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

How are we working the drafts for round 16? Pick for whoever you want and then they are eliminated? Or are we assigned a poster to pick for?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

ShagNastii wrote: »
    How are we working the drafts for round 16? Pick for whoever you want and then they are eliminated? Or are we assigned a poster to pick for?

It's in the picks thread. You're choosing for BeakerJoe's roster

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,968 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Cool. It wasn't there when I was looking at the draft thread. Nice roster to pick for:)

It's in the picks thread. You're choosing for BeakerJoe's roster

Just took a look at Cmans show again and his roster, plenty of picks I can think of that could relate to his roster, but which avenue to take??? Ive already 5 guys that could add to his roster due to connections within his current roster.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Just took a look at Cmans show again and his roster, plenty of picks I can think of that could relate to his roster, but which avenue to take??? Ive already 5 guys that could add to his roster due to connections within his current roster.

Well if you were me who would you want ;-)
    I like doing this even if it adds a small bit to a roster it's cool

• Advertisement

Already know who im picking for Campo, think he will be pleased and this guy will fit into his storylines well

A man with very similar wrestling tastes to my own, delighted to get Walt to pick for, have a few names he might like!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Feels a bit like it comes full circle with me opening the picks and now making the last one. Will have to have my thinking cap on with who to pick for Hashtag. Midget wrestlers don't get represented much in this game now that I think about it. :p

Had a read of a few more write-ups. Managed to make it to the top of page three. Thoughts on those I read:

Lebowskilite – Clearly a lot of thought went into your plans with the back story of recent months, as well as match types like the Survival of the Fittest and Belt Battle matches. You've done very well getting over the feel of the show as authentic. Looking forward to more.

Jester252 – I liked Y2J's ‘Jericho championship wrestling’ line. It was a fun way to debut Swagger which I liked. Good matches too. Dreamer/Grandmaster was especially well done.

BH – Entertaining promos with some funny lines. Bret continues to be a fun character and his 'I loved it when I left it' remark was a favourite. You've done well getting the Japanese guys over with the North American audiences which is important.

Shag – I liked the well written promos you did which really got inside the characters. Flair's and Cena's felt authentic. The Springer segment was also effective. My favourite moment was the end segment which was great.

Liz - Shatner and Heenan are still fun. They're like two whacky uncles or something. Looking forward to Angle and Hassan if that's the way you're going?

Will get to the others when I can. Hope I haven't miss anyone.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

2nd show up

Still to pick...
    19. Prop Joe
    20. A Brad Maddox Guy

BONUS ROUND: Round 16!

67kb.gif
    Stipulation: Choose for Another Person
    You guys wanted it, so I shall oblige :D In this final round, you're choosing for the person listed AFTER you on the draft order.

The order for this round is...
    1. HashtagHeel
    2. BrianRegan
    3. Jester252
    4. ShagNastii
    5. BeakerJoe
    6. ConemaraMan
    7. Prop Joe
    8. A Brad Maddox Guy
    9. JPLiz
    10. BountyHunter
    11. Campo
    12. MrKIsCool
    13. RAF32
    14. TBC
    15. Waltersobchek
    16. Lewbowskilitle
    17. MoneyMaker
    18. TeamShadowclan
    19. Furious Red
    20. MNG

So the round will start with Hashtag making a pick for Brian, Brian will then pick for Jester, Jester picks for Shag, and so on and so forth. We close the draft with MNG choosing for Hashtag then.

A quick request; this round works best if people take a little time to look over the roster of the person they are choosing for and tries to bring in a final character which suits their roster in someway; be it because it's something similiar to what they have or something you feel their roster needs. Be nice. Put a bit of thought into it :)

(Also, quick note...check the tag team limits; do not draft a tag team if the person you are choosing for already has reached their 5 team limit).

So for the final time, GO!

Now who to pick for BH ;)

Now who to pick for BH ;)

looking forward to finding out, im sure I have enough folk with history with others if your thinking of going that route. I wont be putting up another show until your pick thats for sure as I have already got 3 up and depending on whom you send my way might need to write the person into a storyline with my remaining build up show.

Meanwhile youve got a brad maddox guy doing the honours for yourself, the same man you just picked Sunny to round off the normal picks, considerd her myself at one point considering her history with Bret but decided I wanted someone more known for in ring talent so went for Mickie for that Role in the end.

Will probably have to wait till Saturday to read the shows ive not commented on yet but plan to read a big bunch of them in 1 go then and def intend on giving feedback cos like Money maker says above (his will prob be one of those) feedback is always appreciated (Cheers MNG)

Mr.Nice Guy: CM Punk, Hulk Hogan, The Road Warriors aka Hawk and Animal, Nick Bockwinkel & Ray Stevens, AJ Lee & Kaitlyn, Big Van Vader, Jerry The King Lawler, Zeb Colter aka Dutch Mantell & Dr. D David Schultz, Beth Phoenix, Nikita Koloff, Mr. Wonderful Paul Orndorff & Jimmy Superfly Snuka, Jim Cornette, Pac aka Adrian Neville, Super Crazy, Tamina Snuka

Raf32: Raven, Sting, RVD, JBL, Ron Simmons, The Miz, Test & Albert, Drew McIntyre, Laycool aka Layla and Michelle McCool, The Highlanders, Rocky Johnson & Tony Atlas, The Wild Samoans aka Afa & Sika, Sgt Slaughter, Alex Riley, Petey Williams

Bounty Hunter: Bret Hart, Hiroshi Tanahashi & Shinsuke Nakamura, Ted Dibiase Snr, Terry Funk, The Fabulous Freebirds aka Michael "P.S." Hayes & Terry Gordy, Demolition aka Ax & Smash, Team Co-Bro aka Santino Marella & Zack Ryder, Natalya Neidhart, Bruiser Brody, Andre the Giant, Mickie James, Dory Funk Jnr, Mojo Rawley, Jim "The Anvil" Neidhart, Crush aka Brian Adams and Buddy "Jack" Roberts

brianregan09: Samoa Joe, Seth Rollins & Roman Reigns, Tazz, Rhyno, Big Bossman & One Man Gang, Ryback, La Parka & Psicosis, Strikeforce aka Tito Santana & Rick Martel, Abyss & Matt Morgan, Low Ki, Eric Bischoff, The Sandman, Vampiro, Zach Gowen, The Hardcore Chair Swinging Freaks aka Balls Mahoney and Axl Rotten

Moneymaker: Daniel Bryan, Randy Savage, Goldust & Cody Rhodes, Brian Pillman, William Regal, MsChif & Cheerleader Melissa, Lance Storm, Sara Del Rey, Mike Awesome, The Eliminators aka Perry Saturn and John Kronus, Buddy Rogers, Kota Ibushi, Tajiri, Trent Baretta, 2 Cold Scorpio

beakerjoe: Soloman Crowe & Dean Ambrose, Goldberg, Okada, Ravishing Rick Rude, Ethan Carter & Fandango,Bam Bam Bigelow & Chris Kanyon, James Storm, Shane McMahon, Brian Kendrick & Ezekiel Jackson, Gedo and Jado, Antonio Inoki, Masato Tanaka , Summer Rae, Bob Sapp, Chris Harris

Teamshadowclan: Eddie Guerrero, HHH, Vince McMahon, Rey Mysterio, Lex Luger, Kevin Nash, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Stephanie McMahon, Chyna, Bobby Lashley, Chuck Norris, Magnus, Mistico aka Sin Cara, The Odditties aka Robert Maillet & John Tenta, The Headbangers aka Mosh & Thrasher

ShagNasti: Ric Flair, John Cena, Ultimate Warrior, Jesse The Body Ventura & Adorable Adrian Adonis, Scott Steiner, Rick Steiner, Enzo Amore, Jerry Springer, Devon Dudley & The Pope D'Angelo Dinero, Masahiro Chono & Hiroyoshi Tenzan, Gorgeous George, Chris Masters, Rob Terry, Renegade, The Bushwhackers

Jester252: Mick Foley, Chris Jericho, Diamond Dallas Page, New Age Outlaws aka Billy Gunn and Road Dogg,MNM aka Joey Mercurzzy & Johnny Nitro, Ken Shamrock, Finlay, Scotty 2 Hotty & Grandmaster Sexay, Tommy Dreamer, Brad Maddox, R-Truth, Kofi Kingston, Cryme Tyme aka Shad Gaspard & JTG, Luke Harper, Lillian Garcia, Melina Perez

connemara man: Jeff Hardy, Bubba Ray Dudley, Mark Henry, Rikishi, Big E Langston, Brooke Tessmacher, The Godfather & D'Lo Brown, Jesse & Festus, Team Elite aka Derrick Neikirk & Mike Knox, Junkyard Dog, Big John Studd, King Kong Bundy, The Bella Twins Nikki & Brie Bella, Dynamo Kid, The Mountie, Bad News Brown

Campo: Austin Aries, The Rock, Alberto Del Rio, Chavo Guerrero & Hernandez, Bray Wyatt & Bo Dallas, Mike Rotunda, Barry Windham, Bob Backlund, Los Matadores aka Primo &Epico, Carlito & Konnan, Nikolai Volkoff & Ivan Koloff, Gangrel, Mordecai aka Kevin Thorn, Homicide, Alexander Rusev

waltersobchak: Mitsuharu Misawa & Kenta Kobashi, Brock Lesnar, Ricky Steamboat, Rowdy Roddy Piper, Jake The Snake Roberts, Kerry Von Erich, The Iron Sheik, Paul Heyman, The Midnight Express, Dean Malenko, Harley Race, Tiger Mask, Takeshi Morishima, The Rock N Roll Express, Cowboy Bob Orton

Prop Joe: Christian, Randy Orton, Batista, Jeff Jarrett, The Big Show, David Otunga & Joe Hennig, Buff Bagwell, The Young Bucks,V-Squared aka Val Venis & Viscera, Mark Jindrak & Sean O'Haire , Jack Swagger, Brutus The Barber Beefcake, Ted DiBiase Jnr, Tomko, Mason Ryan

lebowskilite: Christopher Daniels & Matt Sydal aka Evan Bourne, Edge, Mr Perfect & Scott Hall, Billy Graham, Bobby Roode, Awesome Kong & Aja Kong, The Dynamic Dudes aka Johnny Ace & Shane Douglas, Frankie Kazarian, Michael Cole, Grado, Zema Ion, Juventud Guerrera, Colt Cabana, Último Guerrero & Rey Bucanero, Magnum T.A.

Furious-Red: AJ Styles, HBK, Kane, Mr. Anderson, The World's Greatest Tag Team aka Shelton Benjamin & Charlie Haas, Jimmy Uso & Jey Uso, Billy Kidman & Paul London, Chris Sabin, Alex Shelley, Angelina Love and Winter, Emma, Suicide aka Manik, Corey Graves, Torrie Wilson, Leo Kruger

thebostoncrab: Nigel McGuinness, Chris Benoit, The Dynamite Kid, Arn Anderson & Tully Blanchard, Stan Hansen, Jushin "Thunder" Liger, The Extreme Horseman aka Steve Corino & CW Anderson, Kenta & Marufuji Naomichi, Quinton Rampage Jackson, Dr Death Steve Williams, Sabu, Jun Akiyama, Jerry Lynn, Jamie Noble, Adam Cole, Shingo & Yamato

Hashtag_HEEL: Chris Hero & Antonio Cesaro, Dolph Ziggler, Wade Barrett, Sheamus, MVP & Matt Hardy, Heath Slater, Rockstar Spud, Prime Time Players aka Titus O'Neill & Darren Young, Cliff Compton, Paige, Andy Kaufman, Serena Deeb, Curt Hawkins, Eric Young & Orlando Jordan, Renee Young

JP Liz V1: The American Wolves aka Davey Richards & Eddie Edwards, Kurt Angle, Damien Sandow, Bobby "The Brain" Heenan, Trish Stratus & Lita, International Airstrike aka Tyson Kidd & Justin Gabriel, William Shatner, The Nasty Boys aka Brian Knobs & Jerry Sags, Head Cheese aka Al Snow & Steve Blackman, Muhammad Hassan, Xavier Woods aka Consequences Creed, Doug Williams, Ricardo Rodriguez, Tara aka Victoria, Heidenreich

A Brad Maddox Guy: Keji Mutoh, The Undertaker, Owen Hart & The British Bulldog, Dusty Rhodes, Booker T, Yokozuna, X-Pac & Hardcore Bob Holly, 3 Minute Warning aka Jamal & Rosey, Shane Hurricane Helms, The Killer Elite Squad aka Davey Boy Smith Jr. and Lance Archer, Molly Holly, Kaientai aka Taka Michinoku & Funaki, Vince Russo, Sunny, Bull Buchanan

mrkiscool2: Sami Zayn, Kevin Steen, Stone Cold Steve Austin, Fergal Devitt & Minoru, Bruno Sammartino, Sid Vicious, Ultimo Dragon, Jay & Mark Briscoe, The Great Sasuke, Sable, The All Night Express aka Kenny King & Rhett Titus, Jacqueline, Hunico, Generation Next aka Roderick Strong & Jack Evans, Kyle O'Reilly, Bobby Fish

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

A man with very similar wrestling tastes to my own, delighted to get Walt to pick for, have a few names he might like!

Thanks man cant wait for whomever you pick buddy:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

Any saints out there who would like to put the links to peoples shows up like a few pages back....pretty please

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

is it ok to stick up a third show?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement